Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

new UBUNTU install NEED SYSTEM for nano chinese ipod ?

Reply to topic

aztec13

Mexico AU West Australia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:05 am   Post subject:  new UBUNTU install NEED SYSTEM for nano chinese ipod ? Back to top 

i didnt like the look of rythmbox and i think gtd something may be the way to go but im not sure

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm curious as to why you are useing Linux, do you have it installed, or are you running off the disc?

Mexico AU West Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:10 am   Post subject:  Re: new UBUNTU install NEED SYSTEM for nano chinese ipod ? Back to top 

linux is something I have been wanting to switch over to because I am getting deeper into programming. And I am more the linux style person anyways probably the same reason I have 275 tv channels and only watch PBS.I'm not exactly sure what you meant by asking that, but I can honestly say I don't miss XP at all. UBUNTU is one of the nicest most pleasurable things Ive had to learn in computers.My impression of Windows after the switch is that it is a great software for little kids,but eventually we grow up and get grown up toys.

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:24 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

No it's just that I don't know of anyone useing Linux, it was offered to me, but I was unsure wheather to use it or not.

I was informed it could be installed or you could run it off the disc.

Muchas gracias

Download Post  No rating  
aztec13

Mexico AU West Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:40 pm   Post subject:  Re: new UBUNTU install NEED SYSTEM for nano chinese ipod ? Back to top 

ubuntu
1. An African phrase meaning "humanity towards others".
2. A distribution of Linux
1. "A person with ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed."
A few months back I researched switching to Linux, and UBUNTU was the conclusive result.Or some version thereof ie. KUBUNTU,XUBUNTU,EasyUBUNTU,Etc. There is a page on UBUNTU's website allowing you to have 3 free Live CD copies mailed to you.I had my free copy for 3 months staring at me. Like probably many others that have never used anything outside on Windows was afraid of the unknown. it has been 1 week, I have just gotten everything how I want it. And I don't feel lost anymore. Everything works great, lots of neat toys to play with.If you want you can run UBUNTU off a CD not affecting anything if you had Windows,or you can install them together very easily.I don't play games,and there is an emulator for anything I care about in Win.I could kick myself not for switching sooner.In the workings of the RAM interacted tasks you can physically see the differences.In superiority UBUNTU smashes XP. When I would maneuver around large maps or images my computer would choke,sputter,and spit it's way through it.Now I just glide along. Media streaming,& buffering is also MUCH better inside UBUNTU.Anyone doing experimenting with Mp3/4 players, or is trying to just do something simple, but can't do it inside Windows could probably get it done in much less time inside Linux.There are many specialized programs in this area,including picking up hard to find USB hardware. Once you are inside the programs Windows users won't notice very much difference at all.They all seem to have a "Wizard" approach to it. And finally the Internet is famously more secure,and with FireFox browser,or any other Mozilla browser for that matter your entire online experience is more enjoyable.https://shipit.ubuntu.com/. CHECK it out !!!

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Aztec

Thanks for the info, will look into it, with the intention of useing linux on a spare PC.

I was told that Linux was a far better O/P system by someone who was in fact was not useing it, which made me wonder why.

So I just dumped the CDs in the bin

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ive used K-ubuntu ( more or less the same as ubuntu ) but the first one used the K-DE desktop environment and the second one used Gohme, i have also used DSLinux ( damn small linux (only 50mb )
also i have used both X-ubuntu and DSLinux on my modded xbox and they work very very well, i currently have Kutuntu -feisty and XP on my home machine, i used my XP machine mainly for my 3D animation projects and linux for everything else Very Happy

gav

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic