Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Anyone looking to buy a new RockChip player in the UK?

Reply to topic

knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:55 pm   Post subject:  Anyone looking to buy a new RockChip player in the UK? Back to top 

Ebuyer have got the new RockChip "Touch Screen" Sumvision ICE 2Gb

Here:-
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/128646/rb/0

damn, I like this, I've just bought another player,I wish I waited now...

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:20 pm   Post subject:  Re: Anyone looking to buy a new RockChip player in the UK? Back to top 

You could buy the new touch screen player and check it out. Which ever player you don't want to keep you can auction it off on eBay.

If you get the touch screen tell us what you think of it.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:30 am   Post subject:  Re: Anyone looking to buy a new RockChip player in the UK? Back to top 

On the site, it saids "Touch Screen Controls", which I would say means the navigation buttons are similar to the iPods.

I don't think it means the screen is a touch screen though. Touch screens are generally more expensive because of the technology. I have a player I'm going to get from a Chinese manufacturer which is very similar and has the "Touch Screen Controls" as well.

I'll put a review once I get it.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:34 pm   Post subject:  Re: Anyone looking to buy a new RockChip player in the UK? Back to top 

I like the idea of "touch screen" controls, I always wear out the mechanical ones, Look forward to seeing a review for this type of player.

Download Post  No rating  
rodonn

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've had the ICE for about a month.

As is usual, the manual is crap, and it comes with AVI Converter 3.0, which has significant lipsynch problems, and the GUI is pretty much a joke. Contrary to reports, it's not a mencoder front end.

But the player... it's great. Neat, compact, good battery life (if you do the proper conditioning) very clear screen, although it's not the best in bright sunshine. Internal speaker is clear, if not wonderful, and the sound is very good through the supplied pods (which are of reasonable quality and come with a LOT of cable). Personally, in ear buds are grotesquely uncomfortable, but I always try them out... one day, I'll find some that don't rub cartilage.

Chipset: Rockchip

Firmware: 00.00.15 2007-05-07
Download Post  No rating  
robandwendy

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

rodonn wrote: › I've had the ICE for about a month.

As is usual, the manual is crap, and it comes with AVI Converter 3.0, which has significant lipsynch problems, and the GUI is pretty much a joke. Contrary to reports, it's not a mencoder front end.

But the player... it's great. Neat, compact, good battery life (if you do the proper conditioning) very clear screen, although it's not the best in bright sunshine. Internal speaker is clear, if not wonderful, and the sound is very good through the supplied pods (which are of reasonable quality and come with a LOT of cable). Personally, in ear buds are grotesquely uncomfortable, but I always try them out... one day, I'll find some that don't rub cartilage.
I bought a ice 800 2mg plus 2mg micro sd memory card from ebuyer two weeks ago. The manual is difficult to understand but the player is fine. Headphones are good and speaker adequate. Managed to put some home video on it and this was good in every respect. Having trouble putting games on to it from the site recommended in the manual. Also can't put dvd video on it at the moment but i think that is because the dvd it is copy protected. Any suggestions very welcome.

Download Post  No rating  
rodonn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 am   Post subject:  Re: Anyone looking to buy a new RockChip player in the UK? Back to top 

Well, if you were likely to ignore some laws, a google for DVD decrypter may help.

Of course, I'm not encouraging anyone to break the law, I'm just saying...

Download Post  No rating  
robandwendy

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Have just discoverd how to put games on ice 800 using Vista .Get compression utility 7 Zip 4.42 from www.7-zip.org ( as recommended in personal computer world sept 07).visit vision-com.cn/download/en/index.asp listed in the manual. Download file 'games', then left click on file , click on 7Zip and open archive. Click on the folder that is there named ice800. Plug in ice 800, create folder named 'game' on ice 800. Drag and drop the files SEPARATELY from archive onto this ice 800 folder 'game'.

Download Post  No rating  
rodonn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Rarzilla is good too...

Download Post  No rating  
rodonn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:12 pm   Post subject:  Re: Anyone looking to buy a new RockChip player in the UK? Back to top 

You can get a Meizu from a UK dealer, they also got Teclast, Oppo and Ramos and other Rockchips.
here:
Meizu, Teclast, Oppo, Ramos

Download Post  No rating  
kevpc

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

new here so just to say hi to all. have been unable to find link to latest firmware for the sumvision ice 800 mp4 4gb player. can anyone help please?

tia

Download Post  No rating  
rodonn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've not seen anything new on the SumVision sites...

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have also had a look around, Isn't even a copy of the existing firmware.

Best bet is to wait for dancemammal's firmware extractor then at least you can have a backup copy of your existing ICE 800 firmware.

Don't try experimenting with a random firmware though, you will almost certainly brick your player!

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:26 am   Post subject:  Re: Anyone looking to buy a new RockChip player in the UK? Back to top 

Ebuyer seem to have a lot of players now under their own brand name "Stage"

Ebuyer Stage Players

Most of the bigger screen ones (e.g. Stage Touch and Stage Flash) are Rockchip based..

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic