There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Meizu Question

Reply to topic

booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:37 pm   Post subject:  Meizu Question Back to top 

I need a list of sellers of 8gb M6 Meizu players. Obviously, my first choice is House of DAP, but they are out of stock. Anyone know how long it takes to restock?

I'm tempted to buy the 4gb one from Walgreens, but after reading everyone's reviews of the Meizu I know that I probably won't want to use my 4gb chipod very much after using the Meizu and will be regretting just getting the 4gb.

They have some listed on eBay, but I'm hesitant to purchase any more players off of there. The last two I've bought (not Meizu's), one was hacked and the other I got sent the wrong size memory. Fortunately, they are going to be gifts and the difference in memory size won't matter that much since they don't know what the memory was supposed to be. They will just be happy to have a cool player. Cool However, since this one is for myself, I want the real deal.

Download Post  No rating  
tadad1

New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:01 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Based on feedback on meizume.com these 2 sellers are quite good but I have not used them myself. I think they are both based in the US as well.

JTC Electronics
http://www.jtcelectronics.biz/servlet/StoreFront

MiniPlayer.info
http://www.store.miniplayer.info/categories.asp

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks Tadad! I really wanted to buy from House of DAP, but no telling how long they will be out of stock and I'm not the most patient person LOL.

Will check out the prices on the sites you listed.

Thanks again!

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

JTC is out of stock too. Mini player has some good prices, but am a little concerned about the item description.
The white 8gb has a picture of a black 4gb and in the item description it labels it as black in one instance and white in another. It also says direct from Meizu, not the Dane Elec Version. Some of the others on the same page say Official US version. I'm a little confused. Has anyone here bought from them?

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

OK JTC has the 8GB Meizu with accessory bundle in stock. Just purchased it now. Shipping is Priority Mail 2-4 days so I should be getting it this week! A birthday present to myself! Cool

Thanks for the help Tadad! I'm really excited about getting it! Will let everyone know how JTC operates and ships.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Got it yesterday, and I ordered it Monday. Extremely fast shipping! With my Meizu, I received as bundled package: Hard clear protective case, long lanyard, silicon case with short laynard, belt clips for both cases, an armband, and a travel charger, plus the normal stuff that comes with it.

Not too shabby for $175.99 and $8.00 shipping.

I am now in Meizu love! To anyone that is thinking of ordering one, it is worth the money! Audio and video are extremely impressive on it. JTC Electronics has a good deal on them and they take Paypal. However, they are currently out of stock.

Tadad, you are my hero for providing the links! Thanks again. Cool

Now, I'm off to load some more songs and video onto my 8gb perfection.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Forgot to add that I am so glad I didn't give into buyer impulse and buy a 4GB Meizu from Walgreens. The 8gb insures that I will be happy with the amount of memory for quite some time. Plus, I would still be waiting on it to arrive.

Darn, I wish I didn't have to work today. I could get so much done. Twisted Evil

Download Post  No rating  
tadad1

New Zealand
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

booboo773, Great Stuff.

If you want to check out some skins there is a great selection here:
http://www.meizume.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

For video conversion I can highly recommend BatMan by BobbyQ (You just drag your video onto the Batman.exe to start the process) here:
http://www.meizume.com/showthread.php?t=2319

The latest firmware update is S2.003.2 which you can download form the English Meizu site here:
http://en.meizu.com/firmware.asp?myShow=goto&gotoBt=p
(Be sure to use SP version firmware not TP, TP is for earlier players that used a Toshiba LCD, SP is for the current Samsung LCD)

You may find the manual slightly out of date as I think from memory it is based on firmware version 1.009 and there have been a few additions and changes since then.

If you have any questions let me know, things like album art can be a little tricky to set up.

Have Fun Smile

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've downloaded Batman, but have yet to use it. Hopefully tomorrow when I have some free time to play around.

I checked my firmware and it looks like I've got the latest version. So updating firmware is a good thing on Meizus?

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
tadad1

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

booboo773 wrote (View Post): ›
So updating firmware is a good thing on Meizus?

As long as you don't try loading a TP series firmware on to your SP version player. If you are loading a skin you only need to load the resource.bin file which you just copy to the player, disconnect and restart the player and it will load automatically.

Be sure the skin is the same version number as the firmware on your player. Most skinners update their skins when new firmware is released but a few are quite old.

There is a new firmware in beta testing at the moment and is due out August. The long awaited OTG file transfer should be included so if you get a Meizu battery recharge pack you will be able to use it to transfer files from other devices (cameras, pendrives, other players etc) directly to your player.

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Awesome! Thanks Tadad! Cool

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic