Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Have I just bought a hacked MP4 player ???

Reply to topic

sambobnz

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:53 pm   Post subject:  Have I just bought a hacked MP4 player ??? Back to top 

Hi!

Well...I just bought an MP4 player of TradeMe (similar to eBay but for New Zealand) and I'm not sure whether it is hacked or not Shocked

I got it second-hand, the seller didn't say he was having any memory problems, but he said that there was 4GB on the player, and I've read several reports of hacked 4GB-ness.

I haven't actually got the thing yet, but he posted some pictures...if you guys could let me know I would be very grateful!

*gulp* hopefully it's real, but I'm not too sure! If you guys could just let me know, or break the bad news Sad Sad Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Thanks Very Happy
Sambobnz

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:37 pm   Post subject:  Re: Have I just bought a hacked MP4 player ??? Back to top 

Hi sambobnz! Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell from those pictures. There are a lot of hacked players out there. I have a hacked 4GB that turned out to be a 1GB, but I also have a genuine 4GB player. Aside from the color, they are identical.

It's hard to say whether yours will be hacked or not. I suggest you format it as soon as you get it and if it's not 4GB, get in contact with the seller immediately.

Since you said you're getting it second hand, I'm going to assume that the seller isn't in the business of selling mp4 players. That should cut down your chances of getting a hacked one if the guy is just selling his personal player.

Sorry I'm not anymore help. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Smile

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:34 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Until you get the player you won't be able to know if it is hacked or not. Did you ask the seller what the memory problems he was experience?

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:35 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

there is no way to tell if a player is hacked from the outside of the player or just from pictures of the outside of the player.

you'll have to use the hacked memory guide to check the player.

be sure to let us all know if it turns out to be a hack.

Download Post  No rating  
sambobnz

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:01 pm   Post subject:  Re: Have I just bought a hacked MP4 player ??? Back to top 

Hey, thanks for your help, guys! I just wasn't sure whether only players with a particular type of firmware or a particular look of MP4 player were hacked...but I think it's unlikely to be...

It should be arriving today anyway, so I'll keep you updated Very Happy

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic