Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Few Questions about an MP4 Player

Reply to topic

sambobnz

New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:15 pm   Post subject:  Few Questions about an MP4 Player Back to top 

Hey there! I bought an MP4 player before, but it was...kind of a crap one, so I sold it and now I'm buying another one. There are a few things I'd like to know though...

1. On my last player, all the fonts were in Serif. That looks AWFUL on a small screen. Is this the same with all players? If so, can the system font be changed?

2. I'm wondering about buying one of these "ipod nano clones" with a 1.8 inch screen...the one which looks like it's going the wrong way (example:

I found a nano clone with a 1.5 inch screen that's flipped round the right way, so that it just looks like an iPod nano, but how is the video quality on a 1.8 inch screen? It'd be like, the opposite of widescreen Very Happy

3. I really don't like most of the way the firmware looks on MP4 players (as I'm sure you can relate too) and I know that you can change the looks of the icons, etc, but this can only be done with certain firmware versions I believe...how can I tell if the player I have my eye on is the right firmware kind? Or is there no way of telling until I get it?

Thanks for all your help,
Sambobnz

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

are you looking for functionality over style or a combination of the two, you will find the nano clones look nice, but their functionality is limited, their audio is alright (if you are picky about good audio quality then the clone is not for you).

Videos on the clone aren't the best, amv format leaves a lot to be desired, but i have found if you watch anime/cartoons they look fine on the player, any live action stuff depends if there's a lot of movement. Remember a 1.8" screen is small, there is a big difference between a 1.8" and a 2.4" screen

If you want something that is a good mix of functionality, style and price then get a rockchip player, these are the ones that play avi files and usually have a 2.2" or 2.4" screen. Only thing is that they tend to be about $10-$15 more.

Rockchip - both audio and video are comparable to a iPod - the clones are no way close.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic