There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Charge back via credit card

Reply to topic

mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:45 am   Post subject: Great ! Charge back via credit card Back to top 

Got Full Refund Via Credit Card Company

Yes thats correct, after kicking up a stink with E Bay and Pal Pal who were a waste of time, I chose to do a charge back via my credit card company and sent them the item listing, pictures, proof of payment and several other document related to the MP3 player scam and a heading letter outlining the details, and within less than a week my payment was refunded in full, even so I refused to return the MP3 player back overseas which Pay Pal wanted me to do.

So I get to keep the player and got a full refund

Download Post  No rating  
DimaMp4
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Sweden
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:31 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sweet! Very Happy

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ok , but i wouldnt advise doing this , Paypal will resolve the case if its fair most of the time (Requiring you to return the player)

This is basically fraud itself because you have recieved the product and you are getting a full refund , Not only this but its awfull as a seller because its pure loss and not very nice , Not only that buy the credit card companys can come back and say "On what basis" and then you will need to file a entire complain process and get it all fixed , then youd have to return the player aswell.

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: Charge back via credit card Back to top 

Lite I totally disagree with you, if my previous post on this subject had not disapeared, I think you might understand a little more. It was I who fraud and deception was committed against

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Personally from my perspective, I think you should return the player - but provided the seller pays for shipping. I don't think you should have to pay for shipping but as you didn't actually pay for the player, I personally think you should send it back as you got your money back already as well.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

mekak , You are wrong , I do understadn the fact that you were conned into buying a hacked player but atleast they gave you an actaual MP3 player , If you do a chargeback and then do not return the player that is as bad as the scammers themselves. I agree with Admin , The seller paying for shipping back is totally accseptable , Or if you can deal with a partial refund then to compensate that is fine aswell , Chargebacks are Very Very bad things when involving paypal , Ive recently had a customer chargeback £250 worth of goods (I sent them items and they were fine) , I even recieved customer feedback . I have created an evidence file for paypal to fight the chargeback , But i will not sucseed because its at paypals exspence for them to fight the chargeback , No do they actaully have any right to fight it , Its legally bining for paypal to take £250 from me to give to the credit card company- The chargeback method is only for people where the goods are undeliverd / The seller has packed up and dissapeared , Even then it should be only used min extreme as paypal will open a case and most of the time come to the correct conclusion.

Download Post  No rating  
RussWWFC

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:59 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well done Mekako

The facts of the case are: you paid to get a certain sized player and never got it. Therefore you are entitled to a refund.

It serves the seller right getting nothing - if he/she wants to con people then they can expect their comeuppance.

I am due an "8GB MP4 player" which is actually a 1GB player that cant play MP4 files.

So I will be speaking to the seller once I recieve the player and get the facts in front of me. If the seller does not come up with satisfactory compensation for the player being well below what I expected then I too will be seeking a FULL REFUND from my credit card company

Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

RussWWFC , You yourself will be comitting fraud and may be found out> Its illiegal to do it if you have recieved the product and you are offerd a refund by paypal or the seller

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:27 am   Post subject:  Re: Charge back via credit card Back to top 

I'm sorry, but I still agree to disagree, seller stated item was in the UK, item came from Hong-Kong which in fact was not as discribed per listing complained to Pay Pal and E Bay for the past three months or so, which had little effect.

Pay Pal wanted me to return player back to Canada at my cost, which I refused to do, as I conned into thinking my player was located in London UK and it came from Hong-Kong. I informed Pal Pal, that I was most happy to return player to the seller London location as stated in his item listing. In anycase my seller was no longer a registered user under his last know ID.

It's the sellers hard luck as far as I'm concerned for not being honest. If a seller can't supply the goods as stated and tells lies he's deserves to loose out.

But as stated all along I informed my credit card card company with all the details, also the fact that I refused to return the item at my cost to a location not stated in the item listing.

I fought and won regardless of what some of you might think, and I have not done anything dishonest, and if the seller wants to pay for shipping costs then he can have his piece of Chinese crap back.

I don't have to defend my actions, if the seller can't be honest then it's his hardluck as far as I'm concerned, he knew exactly what I was going to do as I informed him compleatly what I was going to do after giving him plenty of time to resolve his fraudulent sale

Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:38 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

You can disagree all you want , its illiegal, I understand your point of view and rearlise that you think its right , But you cant justify the fact that the system is being mistreated and vandalised by people like you who are not using somthing properly and taking advantage of its purpose ,
Like I have said already ,
Paypal is there to fix this problem for you and they offerd a full refund if you sent them the player , Perfectly reasonable id say considering they are a decent reliable company and its good to offer that so you can rely on them and not the seller.

The fact is > With a chargeback , If the seller has already withdrawn the money paypal pays , not the seller , PayPal can get debt collecters to "Pursuade" the person the pay the debt but there is not law saying they have to pay the debt , not can they tresspass on property.

Download Post  No rating  
RussWWFC

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Like I said I'd much rather try and sort things out with the seller and only do a chargeback at the last resort if Paypal then are no help.

My seller also claimed he was based in England "Leighton Buzzard" how random is that! I've been there and it's a tiny little sleepy town. The seller has probably never been to the UK before so how they came up with Leighton Buzzard as a location I'll never know!

I certainly wont be sending the player back, postage costs would just make the potential loss even more

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:30 am   Post subject:  Re: Charge back via credit card Back to top 

Lite

What a cheek you have to accuse of what you state in your last post

I would presume that you are a seller by your comments and you are biased in your opinions, however put your E Bay ID here and lets look at you selling activity and feedback.

I have managed to get my money back and you don't like it beause of your bad experiance re-the £250 you state

Well as far as I'm concerned this is a Victory for the common man, and if my seller had been located in the UK I would have taken my case to a small claims court, who would have found in my favor.

And if he did not pay up then I would send the baliff in.

Why on earth should these sellers get off so lightly, with just a slap on the hand with Pay Pal. My seller was commiting mass fraud and deception on a grand scale, to the point he cut and run in the end.

These sellers open accounts all over the place, list item in another, and ship from another. check some of these sellers details, and in many case you will see are fake details.

Dont give me a moral lecture? I know what is right and wrong.

Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Look , I understand your "POINT OF VIEW" , But you obviously dont know "what is right and wrong." , If you did then you would understand how a chargeback is fraud itself and would make you as bad as the sellers themselves, Im not a seller , I live in london and am 14 , I sell my products locally to make a decent profit and I do online webdesign for web based companys- The £250 in one payment, Chargebacks being misused are wrong , Can someone please but in and agree with me in this discussion because I know im right, Read admin's Opinion

"Personally from my perspective, I think you should return the player - but provided the seller pays for shipping. I don't think you should have to pay for shipping but as you didn't actually pay for the player, I personally think you should send it back as you got your money back already as well."

Youve been registerd on this site For what , a month with 20 posts , Your obviosuly misunderstand the consept of professional business invloving the selling of these portable players.

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: Charge back via credit card Back to top 

LITE IS THIS BEING HONEST?
I REST MY CASE

The following post were made by you on this site

lite

MPx Junkie
Total posts: 137

Posted: 15 May 2007 02:08 pm   Post subject:  

yeh , the one inside the box is easily tellable from a real one , anyway you gave me a good idea

You know those FMP 1.5" screens that look much better towards a real ipod nano than a fake one , Someone should send one off to apple for a battery re;lacement and when they sort them all out they will just toss it in with the rest of the ipods , you dont get back your actual ipod when you send it off , so they will send you back a real ipod , Eh give it a try , the chipods only cost £10 and apple will charge you the price if a battery replacement if anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lite

MPx Junkie
Total posts: 147

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 11:56 am Post subject: 70% partial refund!!
Recently I bought a supposedly '4GB'?? mp4 player from ebay ,
I knew it wasnt going to be 4gb but even stil i went for it at £20, they are neat and cool.
I recieved the player and complained , like i knew i would , but instead of shouting ect i was quit nice , I threw in a few comments/compliments about there great feedback, superb shipping times ect , And initally they offerd me a $5 partial refund , yes $5 not £5
of course thats hardly worth it , so i asked again , gave a few math stastics ect about how much i would of saved if i bought a 1 gb one instead , i would of only saved about £5 rearly , £20 for a fake 4gb is hard to beat, Straight back i recieved an e-mail 4 mins later saying:
' how much you want i refund to you?gbp13, ok? '
lol , they spoke rearly bad english but hey , i was so suprised , ive recieved my refund and evded up paying £7 for a 1gb mp4 player (thats including postage),
just goes to show that this guy was 1 in a million or kindness went a long way

oh if i didnt make it clear , that was a partial refund , so ive still got the player.

still its a v 9.0.50 so i cant change my theme yet
anyone know the release date for the new tool?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said before don't lecture me on morals, your posts would suggest how you calculate things to work to your advantage without considering the other parties involved

Regardless how long it is since I joined this site makes no difference at all how many posts I have made.

You should try and remember the content of some of your post, and it would seem you forget what you have written prior, as you have contradicted yourself.

You are the one teaching people to commit fraud, by your past postings which are shown above, and it just goes to show how your evil little mind works.

Download Post  No rating  
tadad1

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Although the Charge Back system on credit cards is oftern used fraudulently I personally do not think mekako is guilty of this.

He clearly bought a product which was not as discribed from a seller who is committing fraud and knows his players have been purposefully altered to deceive his customers.

The PayPal\Ebay system is a joke. Why should mekako return the player to Canada when it came from Hong Kong and was listed as located in the UK. Once again misleading in order to gain the confidence of UK buyers. To the best of my knowledge this misrepresentation alone contradicts eBay conditions of use.

Under the so called PayPal customer protection system mekako would be expected to pay premium shipping costs with tracking to return the product, the possible cost of getting a third party written statement from a qualified technician as proof that the player does not in fact meet the advertised specifications plus a $25.00 fee to PayPal for acting on his behalf. In some cases these costs are greater than the original amount paid.

In most cases PayPal will also only process a refund if funds are in the sellers account to cover the cost which was highly unlikely considering the seller had done a bunk.

mekako was unable to come to a satisfactory agreement with the seller or PayPal and in my opinion was quite within his rights to use the chargeback system on his credit card and so did his bank otherwise they would not have reversed the payment. Should the seller front with the money to return the player then yes it should be returned but that has not and is unlikely to happen either.

If eBay\PayPal are out of pocket as a result of this tough titty as far as I am concerned they should be doing more to police and prevent this problem because lets face it, it is not as if they do not know that everyday people are being ripped off through their system. Perhaps if enough people stand up and refuse to accept the pissy peace offering of crooked sellers and PayPal we may see some reform.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic