There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Tons of content for your mp4

Reply to topic

_Odyssey
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Australia AU Queensland
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:40 am   Post subject: Great ! Tons of content for your mp4 Back to top 

I was talking with a close friend a short while ago and she showed me this website. It's full of thousands of TV shows, anime, cartoons, movies, music videos and sports shows accessible by links that you can easily watch and download (with a url capture program). I've converted some of these to play on my mp4 players. It's brilliant! Some of you may already be aware of it but i thought i'd put it up here. Not all the links work, but theres so many that do.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

I can't believe they've got episodes of the original 1978 Battlestar Galactica series!! awesome Laughing

It is the beginning of wisdom to be able to say *I dont know!*
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:00 am   Post subject:  Re: Tons of content for your mp4 Back to top 

Thanks Odyssey! Found some I want. My only question is where do I find a URL capture program? Confused

Download Post  No rating  
_Odyssey
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Australia AU Queensland
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:47 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

You're welcome!

Give this one a try > http://www.mympxplayer.org/web-video-downloader-vdownloader-212-mb-df329.html from the download section

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Another site is http://www.alluc.org thats the one i use a lot....or just search on www.dailymotion.com

New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

booboo773 wrote (View Post): ›
Thanks Odyssey! Found some I want. My only question is where do I find a URL capture program? Confused
use www.dlthis.com Very Happy

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

sorry chaps - must be in idiot mode, _Odyssey could you do an quick idiots guide to saving cobtent from tv-links.co.uk when you get a moment#

many thanks
makd511

Download Post  No rating  
_Odyssey
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Australia AU Queensland
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:43 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ok.. well i guess i failed to mention that it's not easy to do unless you have the right software. I'll tell you how I do it and you guys can use it as an example.

I have a program called URL Helper. When installed and running (sniffing mode) it will reveal all the URLs that my computer requests. More often than not, streaming media is thrown at you without a source but this program shows you everything, including the exact place that the streaming media is coming from.
Coupled with URL Helper, I also use HiDownload. This is the actual 'downloader' program. These programs are commercial and cost money but they come with a fully working 30 day trial so theres no limitations for that period... i paid for mine considering they're so good. Only drawback is you have to install extra software that gets identified as 'Spyware' called 'WinPcap' by most anti-Spy programs. It's not really as bad as it seems. If this makes you nervous, then don't use it. But without it, it's useless.

Looking in the URL Helper windows after clicking a link that will stream video to me, i might see a URL appear with a video file extension like .divx, .wmv or .asf. This is likely the link i'm looking for. I then right click on this link and select 'download with HiDownload'. The program starts and begins downloading that file as a video i can watch whenever i feel like it.

I said that vdownloader from this site can do the job... well i was wrong. It's pretty basic and useless for this task. Sorry.

WMRecorder will also do this without you having to locate the files location. It's not bad, but it's not free and is limited to just grab certain file types.

I would do a full tutorial but i'm a bit short on time right now.. maybe later. Hope that helps a little.

Download Post  No rating  
_Odyssey
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Australia AU Queensland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Heres another tip.

This only works with the divx streams.

Click on a show you want to watch... let it load in the browser window until it's complete. Whatever you do, DON'T close the browser with your video loaded in it. It'll be erased and you'll have to download it again.
Next, open up Search and choose to search in your temporary internet. Easy to find in earlier versions of Windows but in XP it should be located C:\Documents and Settings\*your user name*\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files .. for those who didn't know Wink

Search for All or Part of a File Name: and type *.divx* (with the *'s) and click Go. When it's found just copy and paste it to your videos folder.

www.stage6.com, has many of those videos in divx format as well. Just search for your video and choose to download it rather than watch it streaming.

Smile

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic