See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Programs to theme Rockchip players

Reply to topic

Poll :: do you want to mod/theme your rockchip player?

I dont have a rockchip player :(
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
NO! I realy like my original chinese branded theme
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
NO! I don't want to brick my player!!
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but only if it's completely save and other people did it before me!
51%
 51%  [ 35 ]
Yes, of course! I'll take any risk to do that!
35%
 35%  [ 24 ]
Voted : 68
Total Votes : 68

chriroz

Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:43 am   Post subject:  Programs to theme Rockchip players Back to top 

Finally there are some programs that can change the looks of a rockchip player:

-RKlogoedit (with translated manual here)

And

LogoDIY (Chinese)
LogoDIY (English!)

Is there anyone that actually used one of these programs (or something else for rockchip)? And most important: Where can I find themes or BMP files needed for a theme (320 *240)?, Or donít they exist yet?

I know that modding firmware or using firmware at all can brick my player all the way to MP4 heaven. But thatís why I bought a cheap MP4 instead of an expensive branded player. If you donít want to risk your MP4 then DONíT do anything firmware related (but why did you come this forum then?)

please post all of your experiences with rockchip theming/modding here:

PS I posted this yesterday too but today it was gone, why? Was the site down?

Last edited by chriroz on Wed May 30, 2007 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 am   Post subject:  Re: Rockchip themes Back to top 

What we really need to progress this is a Rockchip firmware extractor.
Then we can extract firmware from our own devices which we know is the correct one, create a new theme, then use the supplied updater, "ConsumerUpdate" which should be the correct version supplied on the cd with your player.
I think if we follow this procedure updating the theme should be safe, but we have to be sure we have the correct firmware version for our player, or we risk messing up the button order or bricking our players
I have been playing about with the LogoDIY editor and it works but only on the first few full screen pictures.
I have not uploaded any modified firmware to my player yet as I didn't have a copy of my firmware on the CD.

Last edited by knob on Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:58 am; edited 6 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
haxmaster999

Australia
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:57 pm   Post subject:  Re: Rockchip themes Back to top 

RKlogoedit doesn't work for me, errors and must be force quit

LogoDIY works fine in changing backgrounds, but what I was really after was a way to change fonts...don't know if this is possible

A copy of the firmware to my player was included on the CD with the firmware software:
CR209A_MLC_39106LS22_03_17.rfw
Version0.0.1

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:00 pm   Post subject:  Re: Rockchip themes Back to top 

Finally got RKLogoEdit to work. Managed to create a .lst Script for 220x176 screen sizes using Windows Notepad.
I must say that RKLogoEdit looks a lot more promising now, it is capeable of modifying all the graphics including tiny battery icons and the moving visual effects.
With RKLogoEdit all you need to do is load the firmware in first and then load in the script, and have a play. You can also extract the bitmaps from various firmwares if you see something that takes your fancy.
When adding new pictures to your own firmware you dont even need to have the correct size image, RKLogoEdit will prompt you and rescale automatically.
RKLogoEdit

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:31 am   Post subject:  Re: Programs to theme Rockchip players Back to top 

Just found a workaround.
If you theme your firmware with RKLogoEdit and then try to load it into ConsumerUpdate to flash to your player you will probably get a message box
"This firmware was destroyed for some reason"! , It will then allow you to load it in if you try again.
This message sounds quite disturbing, better to read "modified" instead of "destroyed"

ConsumerUpdate does a check on the last 16bytes of the firmware, some sort of checksum it seems.

It seems RKLogoEdit doesn't update the checksum at the end of the file, but other than that the firmware is fine.
If you want to update the checksum another program "RockFix 1.2" will do it for you, then the message box will go away.
I do all my theming with RKLogoEdit and when I am done just run it through RockFix 1.2 to update the checksum.
I hope this helps those who may be worried by the message..

Last edited by knob on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:47 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

For makd and anyone else needing to create a .lst file from scratch for your firmware the most difficult part is finding the size of some of the smaller icons and pictures.

No sadly I don't have any magic or automatic methods to create a RKLogoEdit list

I found it best to start with a list from another firmware that displays the most pictures in RKLogoEdit.

As soon as you reach a picture in the list that looks wrong I browsed the firmware using GigabeatBmpView which is intended for use on gigabeat firmware and you can determine the size of the picture using this. Its is very fiddly and time consuming, but it does give the actual picture size on the toolbar then you can just insert this into your .lst
After a while you do get to know picture sizes for some of the common elements and this does speed it up a bit.
If you are doing this just once for your own firmware it's not too bad, but I wouldn't want to create a .lst file for every firmware out there!

Download Post  No rating  
NBS

Italy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi knob,
can you tell me how to use GigabeatBmpView for 16 bit images?
I found it can display only 24 bit images.

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

It should work for 16 bit images, but it doesn't display the colours correctly they are sort of inverted.

It's not ideal, I just used it to get the size of some of the images to use for RKLogoedit .lst.

I have been looking at where to get this information directly from the Rockchip firmware itself which would be much better and create a .lst instantly.

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

United Kingdom UK Yorkshire
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:38 am   Post subject:  Re: Programs to theme Rockchip players Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
walataza

Nigeria
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:58 am   Post subject:  Re: Programs to theme Rockchip players Back to top 

good day all...how do i know if my player is rockship or not...i check the firmware and it showed ACU7515...do get back to me and thanks

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

walataza

Your players is NOT a Rockchip it's an Actions chip player.

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Bulgaria
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:20 am   Post subject:  Re: Rockchip themes Back to top 

haxmaster999 wrote (View Post): › RKlogoedit doesn't work for me, errors and must be force quit

LogoDIY works fine in changing backgrounds, but what I was really after was a way to change fonts...don't know if this is possible

A copy of the firmware to my player was included on the CD with the firmware software:
Version0.0.1

CAn you upload your firmware and give me a link?
I upraded mine with newer version and I would like to have a spare one
and PLS upload a pic of your player

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:56 am   Post subject:  Re: Rockchip themes Back to top 

gvdgvdgvd wrote (View Post): ›
haxmaster999 wrote (View Post): › RKlogoedit doesn't work for me, errors and must be force quit

Version0.0.1

CAn you upload your firmware and give me a link?
I upraded mine with newer version and I would like to have a spare one
and PLS upload a pic of your player

gvdgvdgvd

This firmware can't be used for your player, it is the wrong type, your player type wasn't even made back in June 2007!!

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:58 pm   Post subject:  Re: Programs to theme Rockchip players Back to top 

Does it work with RK2608A?

Download Post  No rating  
mzrainpl

Poland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ok I downloaded these and opened sample files. I still have a problem though. I don't know how to create a .lst file to my own mp4 player and how to edit graphics in this program.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic