Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Please advise me on a 4GB player!

Reply to topic

LazyD

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:13 pm   Post subject:  Please advise me on a 4GB player! Back to top 

Hello all,

This is my first post here and I'm a bit dubious at present to be honest, not sure about the fact that uxcell seem to be involved in running this forum or something, and they seem to get extremely enthusiastic support from some of the admins (as have some other companies who have later been exposed to be frauds, hmmm) anyway....

(If you don't want to read about my past trouble buying mp4 players please go straight to the paragraph after this one!)

I was scammed before last christmas on ebay on 2 nano clone style mp4 players (oh yeah, that's another reason why uxcell seem a bit iffy too, like the scammers they call the products "mp4 players" when it seems they don't actually play mp4, I don't even want to play mp4 but you can see what I'm saying right?) one was from the infamous ugoole and another from a seller poundshop007, both were supposed to be 4gb ugoole's turned out to be 1 and 007's tuned out to be 2. Both of them stopped working within about 5 days of me receiving them (sigh) but I had performed the low level formats by then and ascertained their true volumes. Long story short, I managed to get half the money back from 007 (reasoning was it was half the volume so I should pay half, fair enough but now it don't work anyway and they don't answer my emails and paypal don't want to know since I have already had a dispute about the same item, despite the "1 year manufacturers warranty") but no money back from ugoole (in effect I did receive my money back but this was from royal mail for losing the item in the post when returning to ugooles location in "Preston, Lancashire" yeah right, still wondering how they managed to scam royal mail aswell into "losing" a recorded delivery item!!!) I'm still seething about ugoole (paypal were absolute ****'s about it).

Sorry about that, now the main point, as you can tell I'm sore about these players but having seen this forum it looks like some people have genuinely got good stuff from uxcell. I have looked through uxcell.com but am still not sure and want to hear what people who have actually bought them have to say. I'm looking for a player with the following features:

Stable firmware/operation (want it to last for years, why not?)

4gb, really 4gb (4096MB before format)

Long lasting battery

SD (or other type) memory expansion card slot

2 inch + screen would be big bonus

Does anyone own one from uxcell with the above specs? If so, what is it like to use everyday? I have seen the "Bianca" player supposedly has a good battery life but is only 2gb max but I'd consider that model if nothing else can match it on battery life.

I know I'm asking a lot here but please let me know if you have experience matching what I'm looking for (models such as "Glacier", "Icelander", "Blanco" and any others you could comment on).

Thanks very much!

PS: Almost forgot, can anyone explain what "rock chip" is?

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:05 am   Post subject:  Re: Please advise me on a 4GB player! Back to top 

I have several 'Glacier' style players, some straight from Uxcell, some from other places but identical. It's got a 2" screen, removable battery and external speaker. I've sold several and use one personally and found it to be pretty good. The battery life is not bad at all considering I leave the screen on, and performance has been quite stable. There have been a few glitches but nothing major. I can't speak to long-term performance as I've only been usinbg it about 2-21/2 months but so far so good. The only real headache is that some of them have glass screens which are quite fragile. Some others have plastic screens and thers's no way to tell til it arrives. Why they would put glass screens on a small portable device is beyond me! My personal unit claims to be 4 Gb but I'm not 100% sure. I've recently gotten some very nice 2.4" units that are 2 Gb but have mini-sd expansion slots. There are also 4 Gb models They have a new OS and seem very stable but that's only after a few days! I'll post more as things develop. good luck!

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:06 am   Post subject:  Re: Please advise me on a 4GB player! Back to top 

If you are in the UK try www.Ebuyer.com. They sell RockChip players (It's where I bought mine from) that would meet most of your needs:-

I'm looking for a player with the following features:

Stable firmware/operation (want it to last for years, why not?)

4gb, really 4gb (4096MB before format)

Long lasting battery

SD (or other type) memory expansion card slot

2 inch + screen would be big bonus

Only problem is the battery life only 6 hours max for RockChip

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic