Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

return my mp3 player or not?

Reply to topic

Ack

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:52 pm   Post subject:  return my mp3 player or not? Back to top 

I bought an mp3/mp4 player on ebay and it ended up being only 256 megs instead of 2 gigs so i emailed the guy and he said he would send me another one, but he also wanted me to return the one i bought. Should i see if i can wait and check if the new one is really 2 gig and then return the player? or should i risk sending it back now?

Download Post  No rating  
RussWWFC

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I get the feeling that he will wait until he gets the player back before sending a new one, if he does indeed do so at all.

My advice would be to weigh up how much it costs to post back/file a claim and maybe ask for a partial refund.

2 gigs to 256mb is a huge difference and makes it hugely restrictive in what you can do with it, so make sure you mention that if you decide to go down that route

Download Post  No rating  
Ack

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:08 pm   Post subject:  Re: return my mp3 player or not? Back to top 

Ok, right now i'm waiting to see if he will send it without having me send the one i got back first. He said something about sending it out monday so we will see. I'm thinking that even if he does send it he will just send me another hacked one but i could get lucky. But if i do want to file a claim or ask for a refund how would i do that? through paypal?

Download Post  No rating  
RussWWFC

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think so, though not having had to resort this before I don't know how you go about it.

You could also complain to eBay, but it's probably like talking to a brick wall, you will get an automated email asking you to talk to the seller

If the funds came directly from your credit card you may be able to get something from them too - though I am not sure what US laws are like

In the UK (I think) by law you are covered against all fraudulent transactions, which this is as the product was not as described

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic