Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Should I get this 8GB player?

Reply to topic

man88e

USA
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:50 am   Post subject:  Should I get this 8GB player? Back to top 

ok hey every one i am very new to this whole "mp4 player" scene, i am really in to stuff like this AKA falcon clones, etc, anyway I just got a few questions I would like to get straighted out before i buy a Chinese mp4 player or where ever they are made.

I did read the stickies but i am still confused is there no such thing as a 8 gigabyte flash player or are all those ebay actions a trick? because i am looking at this 8GB model called the "Slim A26" i don't know if its the true name, heres the ebay link: 8GB 1.8 inch MP4 MP3 Movie player 8G Slim A26.

I tried to look in to this model found a 1GB and 2GB here
http://www.mp4nation.com/products/index.php?PID=mp8285p they call it the "Bullet Micro" and also says it comes with a SD slot as well
so i guess my questions are can I trust a 8gb model of this mp3 player and would it come with the SD slot?

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:56 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

man88e , there are 8GB players, but very rare. The reason is due to the high costs, and not many sellers are willingly to bring them in.

There are cases of 1GB and 2GB players hacked to show 8GB.

From the ad itself, there is no way of telling whether the player has been hacked or not. So you need to decide whether to take risk in purchasing it or not.

Another alternative would be to purchase from uxcell.com instead, as their products are all legit.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Erm , I wouldnt trust that seller For the following reasons:

-The player the show in the pictures is not the actual player they are selling , The one in the pictures is the real samsung player(In all of them)
I know this because in the description they say it has a 5 pin USB connector , But in the picture it has a serial pin one

-The seller has only just joined , They have had no decent feedback so far.

-8GB players are mostly hacked(Mostly)

-In the picture they show wholesale factories as say they sell in Bulk , This is a giveaway as if places sell in wholesale prices they dont get the one off job on ebay very often , Its ushally factory seller or reseller not both

-250K True colour , Pfft yeh right they just say that but i bet its really 65K , who can actaully test the differance??

Download Post  No rating  
stormlord

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

lattesurf wrote (View Post): › man88e , there are 8GB players, but very rare. The reason is due to the high costs, and not many sellers are willingly to bring them in.

It's not that they're not willing, it's that the market is flooded with 'hacked' memory, selling at half price.

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:41 am   Post subject:  Re: we all where newbies once = ) this one needs help Back to top 

Don't know if this makes any difference or not, but the item location is Albany, New York and it is selling under Australian Currency.

Download Post  No rating  
man88e

USA
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

alright thanks alot guys! i dont think ill be getting my mp4 player off ebay. but has any one heard of that model before and know its real name and what its like? because i really wanted a 4-8gb mp4 player with SD feature and also pretty small.

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:17 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

man88e , there are no fixed names for these Chinese players. The sellers usually come up with some name and tell the manufacturers to print that name on the player. The names could be their company name, or some other model name.

They are all generally the same except for the casing which looks different.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
tadad1

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:17 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

man88e, The player pictured in your initial scam ad is the Samsung YP-T9A or YP-T9B (with Bluetooth). They are available in 2GB or 4GB. Video playback is not so hot at only 15fps
http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/audio/mp3player/yp_t9abxsp.asp
http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/audio/mp3player/yp_t9bab.asp
You could expect to pay between $160-220 USD for the 4GB version.
SD card support is usually seen on 1GB-2GB, very rarely seen in 4GB-8GB players.
My advise would be to spend a little more money and get a good quality player. If you want a good quality full featured player at a resonable price then check out the Meizu M6 or M3 @ houseofdap.com, If you are after a cheaper no brand player then try uxcell.com both are safe honest sellers to trade with on-line.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic