There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Fake iPods, so good ipod themselves can't tell the differenc

Reply to topic

ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:19 pm   Post subject:  Fake iPods, so good ipod themselves can't tell the differenc Back to top 

Just like manufactures can recreate motorola bluetooth headsets to the point that motorola has a hard time telling the difference, the word is out that several manufactures in china are making fake ipod video players.

they are so good that even by opening them up you can't tell the difference. they are an exact copy.

the only thing that gives it away is the serial number on the packaging.

at least thats' what's going around.

has anyone heard anything about this?

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:29 pm   Post subject:  Re: Fake iPods, so good ipod themselves can't tell the diffe Back to top 

Not so far, but it was only a matter or time before that happened. The only ones I've seen personally have some minor differences that are obvious if you know what to look for.

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:06 am   Post subject:  Re: Fake iPods, so good ipod themselves can't tell the diffe Back to top 

i can't tell you where the picture came from, but its from a manufacture and its one of the first pictures taken of the fake ipods.

the manufacture changed the writing on the outside of the package to match the real ipod exactly.

the fake ipods have been confirmed. they are selling on ebay in auctions as real ones.

Download Post  No rating  
stormlord

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:14 am   Post subject:  Re: Fake iPods, so good ipod themselves can't tell the diffe Back to top 

Fake ipods have been around for years.

Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:08 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

yeh , the one inside the box is easily tellable from a real one , anyway you gave me a good idea

You know those FMP 1.5" screens that look much better towards a real ipod nano than a fake one , Someone should send one off to apple for a battery re;lacement and when they sort them all out they will just toss it in with the rest of the ipods , you dont get back your actual ipod when you send it off , so they will send you back a real ipod , Eh give it a try , the chipods only cost 10 and apple will charge you the price if a battery replacement if anything

Download Post  No rating  
stormlord

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:43 am   Post subject:  Re: Fake iPods, so good ipod themselves can't tell the diffe Back to top 

Or go rob a bank?

You are scum of the earth.

Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

stormlord
I was just about to write a hudge pargraph about how very wrong you are , But i cannot be bothed , Instead I will ignore your comment and get on with my life. Not react to your idiotic comment , I am the oposite of what you call me and you are the oposite of I.

Download Post  No rating  
DimaMp4
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Sweden
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Lite pwned Stormlord xD

Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Canada
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:13 pm   Post subject:  Re: Fake iPods, so good ipod themselves can't tell the diffe Back to top 

So you can use Itunes with these fake ipod videos? Like if the manufacture who makes real ipods are just rebranding them a different name or are these still chipods without touchpads etc?

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:10 am   Post subject:  Re: Fake iPods, so good ipod themselves can't tell the diffe Back to top 

the word is that the coutnerfiet ipods are not like the clones. a manufacture has taken a real ipod and dupicated it exactly, outside and in. the only differences are in the quality and price.

its an exact duplicate of the real ipod right down to the packaging. it works on itunes. its just like the real ipod in every way.

manufactures have done the same thing with motorola bluetooth headsets for a long time. now its ipods. some counterfiet headsets are so good, they even have series C labeling and even motorola has problems telling the difference.

not good for ipod.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic