Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

MP4Nation.net - Meizu M6 or Optimus Series

Reply to topic

yamumma

Australia
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:55 pm   Post subject:  MP4Nation.net - Meizu M6 or Optimus Series Back to top 

Hi everyone, first post here as I'm looking at buying a new mp3/avi player to replace my old faithful NexII which I only recently upgraded with a 2GB CF card. Alas the Stop/Off button decided to break and having to take the battery out to turn it off has become too annoying. So on with the questions:

Firstly, I'm considering the Meizu M6 4GB Model in Black which can be had for some good deals now and sounds like it's one of the top players in this sector. However there are a few cheaper options I'd like to explore.

I was impressed with the review of the Optimus X from MP4Nation.net as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRts7GyLZXU But not too keen on the white version and also the button layout. Can anyone confirm if the other players in the Optimus Series are using the RockChip and would therefore be capable of playing back XviD as opposed to AMV?

I'm considering the Optimus Zoom as I like the simple style and black coloring. Does anyone know if it is black all over? I really don't like the chrome/mirror finish on the Meizu/iPod and would prefer all black.

I'm also not too keen on the touchpad on the Meizu and buttons are fine with me, especially if it's living in my pocket when playing music. Do either the Meizu or the Optimus player have a Lock feature so that you won't accidently adjust the volume/skip tracks/etc when carrying the players?

Battery Life: dapreview said they managed to get a good 4.5 hours of video playback on the Meizu. Anyone know how the Optimus compares? The website only claims 8 hours for music compared to Meizu's 20 so I'm not to hopeful on the video front. If it's less than 2 hours then I think the Meizu will be worth the extra dollars. I also like the interface on the Meizu a lot more, but hate the chrome so its a close call.

So, can anyone else contribute more arguments for/against the Optimus Series? I'm hoping razzer001 will drop in here to answer some questions directly, but if others have the players/knowledge then please help me out here. Thanks everyone in advance.

Yamumma

Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i own a meizu white 4gb dane-elec version , and compared to the optimus x it beats it 1000% for $120 you get a 1 year awrranty , garenteed not to go wrong , proper firmware updates frequently
(recently added album art , fixed many bugs ect ) in a firmware that came out just a week afetr the last one , you can skin them without having any risk of destorying your player because the firmware and skins are totally seperate. + OTG Suppoer in the near future ( via firmware updates) whereas the optimus x is a branded cheap rockchip player , Go for a meizu

Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

oh , quickly , the meizu has a hold button on the button that disables all keys and the toutch pad , but i jut leave my hold button off , ive never had a problem with the volume going up by itself + 1 more thing , the meizu now has 36 hours of music playback ( 28 in real life conditions, its been tested by many , inclduing myself ( It all was done throguh a firmware update) ) and video is more like 8 hours

Download Post  No rating  
yamumma

Australia
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hhhhrrrmmmm....I think you've sold me on the Meizu.

Anyone else have any comments? I'd still like to have my Optimus questions answered by razzer001 just out of curiosity.

Thanks for your input lite.

yamumma

Download Post  No rating  
yamumma

Australia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Done and done! Just bought myself an 8GB Meizu M6 off eBay. Super duper price. Hopefully everything is legit and I don't get a hacked player....or no player at all. Paid for through PayPal so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. Seller had 200+ rating with 100% positive.

And best of all BLACK BLACK EDITION!!!!!!!! yay...black front and black back plastic. As seen on HouseOfDAP.com http://www.houseofdap.com./images/uploads/m6BB_01.jpg
So no icky chrome to get all fingerprinted....w00t! Can't wait...now I gotta go buy some decent headphones for the commute.

yamumma

Download Post  No rating  
lite
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

did you get it from jarmarc , Jarmarc is the best seller by far and id reccomend not getting one from ebay. your warranty will be an issue because the seller wont be authorised. if you bought it from ebay member jarmarc , excelent , if not youll have trouble with support on your warranty , my player got mucked up a little when i got it ( was my fault) , i sent it back and jarmarc gave me a new one and he paid for the shipping free of charge

Download Post  No rating  
yamumma

Australia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:42 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

No unfortunately not. Didn't realise all that. Fingers crossed the thing works properly then. I'm sure it's still covered under manufacturers waranty, though sending it back to China might be a bit of an effort if anything goes wrong. Oh well....live and learn.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic