Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Have i been done?

Reply to topic

Aliarse

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:52 pm   Post subject:  Have i been done? Back to top 

Hi guys/girls, newbie here but have been reading all day.

Ordered myself a nano clone from here - http://www.computersupermarket.com/ProductDetails.php/286/648 and after reading these forums (stupidly, i only googled AFTER i'd ordered.), im now worried i've been scammed. Rolling Eyes

I've sent an email to the sales team at sales@computersupermarket.com, asking weather the site is GIGABYTES, or GIGABITS, but have not recieved a reply yet, which im assuming is because its the weekend.

Im just wondering if anyone else has ordered from here, and if so, what exactly did you recieve? If you recieved a hacked player, what did you do about it?

Any advice is appreciated from this newbie mp4 buyer.
Thanks

Download Post  No rating  
_Odyssey
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Australia AU Queensland
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Aliarse,

I haven't bought from this seller but from looking at the information provided I'd say it's genuine. 4GB (gigabyte) players do exist and the price... thats about right.
Hacked players are far more common on ebay where some of the prices are so low you have to be suspicious.
Although you can never be 100% sure of course. Just wait to see if they respond to your email but i'd say it's the genuine article. The reviews for it are all positive.
But when you recieve it, it would be prudent to perform the "Removing Memory Hack" procedure just to be sure

It is the beginning of wisdom to be able to say *I dont know!*
Download Post  No rating  
Aliarse

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I really hope you're right _Odyssey.

I'm guessing they'll ship it on Monday as i ordered it on the Saturday, so it should be here Tuesday i guess. Hopefully i should have a email off them before then so i can decide what to do.

If they do tell me its a hacked player, which i really doubt they will do if it was, I'll be canceling my order and I'll make sure that i let everyone know about it so you guys can add them to your blacklist and no one else buys one.

We shall see i suppose.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for easing my mind, even if it is only a little bit. Smile

Another question I'd like to ask, while I'm here, I'm wondering if you know of any covers/skins that'll fit this model? I'd like to cover up the black area which doesn't look all that great..

Download Post  No rating  
Aliarse

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well i Got a Reply from what i believe is the "Boss" (according to the whois of the site) of computersupermarket.com, heres what he had to say.

Ian Bell @ computersupermarket.com wrote: › Dear Sir,

Firstly, our MP4 player is not a fake anything, ours is a unique music player with a genuine 4GB Samsung chip. The thread you refer to is 7 months old with about 5 contributions, hardly proof of a lot of ‘hacked fake ipod nanos’ (sic). Our players were manufactured less than two weeks ago, using the price drop in flash memory to bring these players to market at unbeatable prices. We have sold over 4000 of these items in the last week, with no problems reported. We supply these products with a 28 day money back offer and a 2 year warranty. If we were a company who were trying to defraud anyone we would hardly display an 0800 sale number on our site would we?

Regards
Ian Bird

Seems like they are Real, which is a relief. My player will arrive between 8am and 6pm tomorrow, cant wait.

Download Post  No rating  
mashimo

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:56 pm   Post subject:  Re: Have i been done? Back to top 

I have a 4gb Samsung flash memory and it is 4gb, not a hacked 2gb. Just wish I could get a PC somewhere that will detect it Sad

Download Post  No rating  
Aliarse

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:07 am   Post subject:  Re: Have i been done? Back to top 

Hi again all. Received my mp4 player today.

Im currently in the process of filling it up and testing to see if it is an actual 4GB player. If it plays all the files OK, that means it is good, right?

As to the player its self, after only using it about 20 min's, i like it. The LCD resolution/quality isn't anything to write home about, but its useable, or maybe its just the default videos/bmps used in the firmware? Sound quality is good, even with the cheap Ipod clone headphones (3.5mm jack btw, not 2.5 like I've seen on some.)

Build quality seems good so far, we'll see how long it lasts with daily use.

Overall, so far im happy with it, and if it is a true 4gb, which i believe it is, i think its a good deal

mashimo wrote (View Post): › I have a 4gb Samsung flash memory and it is 4gb, not a hacked 2gb. Just wish I could get a PC somewhere that will detect it Sad

What OS were you trying to use it on? Im runing linux atm and it auto-mounted as a removable disk, works fine so far, haven't tried in windows yet.

Anyway, heres a couple of (admittedly crappy due to the lame camera) pics of the "unpacking" that i took.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic