Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

4gb Glacier and Spectrum dilemma need your advices

Reply to topic

csgamegodd

Philippines
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:55 pm   Post subject:  4gb Glacier and Spectrum dilemma need your advices Back to top 

well, while waiting for a reply by uxcell if they ship in philippines, i'd like to have your advices on which one to get. im planning to get a 4gb glacier or spectrum. however, i see lots of complaints regarding the glacier player.

glacier might be a cheap player but it has lots of issues. spectrum is a good player but is higher in price than spectrum. which one should i get? i only have 100 australian dollars.

anyways, link:
Glacier
Spectrum

advanced thanks Smile

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:38 am   Post subject:  Re: 4gb Glacier and Spectrum dilemma need your advices Back to top 

your question is quite common and the answer is that both the players are the same, apart from design.

These type of players, which play AMV files, are all the same on the inside, the internal boards may be shaped different, the chips may be in different places, but all the components are exactly the same.

So if your asking which one is better, choose the one which you think looks better, as the two are the same quality (audio/video) wise.

To be honest, if your going to spend that much money, you should get a rockchip player, these players have either a 2.2" or 2.4" QVGA screen (same as a iPod Video) and their audio and video play back is on the same level as a iPod Video and is SOOO much better than the AMV players.

A 4GB rockchip type player are about US$90-US$100 and they all come with a Mini or Micro SD slot, so you can always add extra memory. These players are worth the money you pay and you will be much more happier with your purchase.

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Australia AU Queensland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Personally i would be inclined to go for the spectrum rather than the glacier. Different build and newer model, one would expect it to be up to scratch and suffer less problems than the glacier.

But i would definitely agree with razzer001. The rockchip players are infinitely better especially where video is concerned. xvid, 2inch plus TFT screen and memory expansion slots. The next player i get for myself will most likely be a rockchip.

It is the beginning of wisdom to be able to say *I dont know!*
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:21 am   Post subject:  Re: 4gb Glacier and Spectrum dilemma need your advices Back to top 

This is probably a stupid question, but here goes: How do you tell if it's got a Rockchip. I didn't see anything in the description. I'm fairly new to all this so maybe I just don't know what to look for. Embarassed

Download Post  No rating  
_Odyssey
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Australia AU Queensland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

booboo773, if you come across a mp4 player that plays xvid/avi videos it's a safe bet it's a rockchip player

It is the beginning of wisdom to be able to say *I dont know!*
Download Post  No rating  
jsevinsk
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA US Massachusetts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm   Post subject:  Re: 4gb Glacier and Spectrum dilemma need your advices Back to top 

Here's one that specifically states that it's a Rockchip player.

http://pushplaydigital.com/items/mp4-players/sd~mmc-card-slot/newdita232mp4player-detail.htm

Not a bad price.

Download Post  No rating  
princessanne1026
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA US New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Try www.campus111.com and www.pigpony.com. They just got a whole bunch of rockchip players (even Meizus, Ramoses, and Telecasts) and the prices are pretty damn good. I bought actions chipset players from them a few months ago and they arrived in decent time, so I would recommend them as honest sellers.

*edited to add: Also, if you purchase from campus111 and put the coupon code "campus111" in, you get either a 5% or 10% discount, I forget exactly which.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic