Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

16GB 1.8"TFT MP3 MP4 GAMES VIDEO PLAYER

Reply to topic

Ghosty

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:47 pm   Post subject:  16GB 1.8"TFT MP3 MP4 GAMES VIDEO PLAYER Back to top 

ok thought i would say hello and ******* in the same thread, i just bought a 4th gen ipod nano clone, ok i realised it was not an apple ipod but never knew about the memory issue.

NEW 4gr 16GB 1.8"TFT MP3 MP4 GAMES VIDEO PLAYER black

link to the item i bought, so giong by what i have now read, this should infact be a 4GB player not a 16GB player, still not bad for £21.99 and free postage.

i will of course file a complaint that it is not a 16GB and is very very misleading to buyers and hopefully get some sort of compensation.

we will see when it gets posted, if it gets posted!!!!!!!!

Download Post  No rating  
Ghosty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:59 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ok guys just an update from above:

received the player today, and it looks alot like a nano 4th gen, buttons are white not black, but oh well.

i have tried taking it apart but, could not work it out and not wanting to destroy it, left it as was.

used mp3 tools, and it said it was 4GB (the back of the player says 16GB) did the format and partition and it is actually only 2GB, so no suprises there.

ill post some pics when i take some.

right im off to complain to the seller, see what he will do.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:39 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks for letting us know and updating us. Sorry to hear you got ripped off.

Yes, file a dispute and ask for a partial refund so you hopefully will get the player for even cheaper! Don't place feedback until you get the refund.

I would also recommend post the seller's details in the [Bad Sellers] section of the forum as well so hopefully others who search for the seller can find it here and are prewarned.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
Ghosty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

well i told him today that im not best pleased, i wanst going to leave feedback till i recived a satisfactory outcome, even then it will only be neutral at best.

His ebay id is lots.music, and i can confirm 1000000000000% he is selling hacked players.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 am   Post subject:  Re: 16GB 1.8"TFT MP3 MP4 GAMES VIDEO PLAYER Back to top 

Hey Ghosty,

As it turns out, another member on this board has also mentioned about the eBay seller "lots.music" as selling a hacked player as well!

Take a look at this topic here: Hacked player from eBay waiching168, lots.music, touch.sound.

That was back in January so he's obviously still doing it!

Download Post  No rating  
Ghosty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

yeah as stated i had already bought it by the time i found this board.

ok got an email back from them:

Dear angelius_uk,

i am sorry about it, maybe our worker made a mistake, send a wrong item to you, maybe we can give you a part refund, ok?

- lots.music

also quite worringly i got an email from a privte account, los.newlook [los.newlook@163.com], with the same message.

colud a factory worked really have made a mistake. lmao.

I have replied with this:

Hi there,

I have just done looked over the player an it appears that no mistake was made at the factory, it says 16GB on the back, so as far as im concerned you have deceived me and countless others, a partial refund will not be suitable as I have PAID for a 16GB (GIGABYTE) player. So unless you have any TRUE 16GB (GIGABYTE) players, Then only a full Refund will be acceptable.

J

Last edited by Ghosty on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:31 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeh, I know, but I thought I would mention it that another member has run into the same seller so it's not like a 'new' bad seller. He's done this before.

Funny how he's quick to jump to the "part refund" option that's for sure! I would take it and get as much back as possible! Make it worth your while and try to make it as difficult as possible if you can.

Good luck and keep us updated on the progress.

Download Post  No rating  
Ghosty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

well im thinking of suggesting that he sends out an 8GB one (are they real yet?), as for what i paid an it still cheap, lol.

A few pics.

Download Post  No rating  
Ghosty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:06 am   Post subject:  Re: 16GB 1.8"TFT MP3 MP4 GAMES VIDEO PLAYER Back to top 

just a quick update, im still trying to get my money back.

this pic is the included card that came with the player, take note the red writing under the first lot of feedback instructions "include full refund!no need to send back item and 2 years free repair!"

ok so this is the emails atm,

his response to me asking for a full refund:

i am sorry about it, if you want to have a full refund, can you send the item to us first? we will give you the refund after we receive it

MY response to that:

Hi, I have checked the cost of postage and its abit high, it would not be worth sending it back to you, plus I have read the included card, and in red lettering it states INCLUDING FULL REFUND!NO NEED SHIP BACK ITEM, so if you could honour that I would be very great full

His next response:

i am sorry about it, if you don't want to send the item to us, maybe we can give you a part refund, ok?

to which i have responded:

Iím sorry but a part refund is not acceptable, you described a product as 16 GB when actually its a hacked 2GB player, that comes under a breach of trade descriptions, so unless you are will to uphold what your eBay insert says, I have scanned and included this. Then I will have to take the matter further, including reporting you to eBay, PayPal and trading standards.

still awaiting a reply.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

lol

thanks for the update

and they are pulling the standard stuff for a scammer

they really must think people thick as planks

well i hope you report them regardless

Download Post  No rating  
Ghosty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:14 am   Post subject:  Re: 16GB 1.8"TFT MP3 MP4 GAMES VIDEO PLAYER Back to top 

i will report them whatever the outcome, i just want my money back first, with the paypal fee ontop im looking at about £17 return.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I hope you get your money back too! Hopefully that will teach the seller a lesson and try to not scam people.

Keep us updated.

Good luck.

Download Post  No rating  
Ghosty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ok quick update, it appears me and the seller are just going back and forth on what is what, so i said bugger it, and esculated it to paypal, i have also sent and email direct to ebays safety center, concerning his crap selling, i have told them i can back my position up, which i can. pics of the back saying 16GB, the screen dump of the firmware showning only 2GB and his note, so hopefully i will not only get my money back but will have removed this seller form ebay.

will keep you all informed of the outcomes.

Download Post  No rating  
Ghosty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

o0k guys just a little bit of an update, i checked my account today to pay for some auctions, and this is the message ebay has posted.

eBay Note: This user is no longer registered on eBay.

under the auction for the mp4 player. so thats one down, 168 more to go.

still chasing throught paypal for my money back.

Download Post  No rating  
Ghosty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ok i need some advice now, paypal has responded with this:

Disputed Amount:

* £21.99 GBP

Not as described:

* 230325416312 - NEW 4gr 16GB 1.8"TFT MP3 MP4 GAMES VIDEO PLAYER black

Status

After careful review, we have determined that you are eligible for a refund. To qualify for this refund, please send the items whose claims were granted back to the seller in their original condition and keep your tracking information. You are responsible for postage and packing costs.

Please post to:深圳市沙头角沙田路宏翔花园A栋712, 深圳市, 广东省, 518000, China

How would you like to respond?
Provide tracking information.Cancel claim.

What happens next

Please provide online tracking information by 15 Mar. 2009. Once we confirm that the merchandise was delivered, we'll process a refund based on our protection policies.

If the item is £150.00 GBP or more, you must request that the package is signed for when it is delivered.

If you've resolved this problem, you can cancel this claim anytime.

any advice

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic