Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Help with 16GB Players

Reply to topic

BisonMami

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:21 pm   Post subject: Question Help with 16GB Players Back to top 

I absolutely love this site! It was a great help after being sold a hacked player sometime last year. I figure that I will try again. I am looking to buy a 16GB player for music and photos, a voice recorder would be nice, but not necessary. It doesn't need anything fancy, I just have a large music collection that I would like to take on the go. If you have had a positive experience with a 16GB player, your insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched the forums, but I am really looking for an inexpensive player with confirmed 16GB memory. I really do not want to spend more than $100. Any trusted eBay sellers or website would be great!

Thanks!!

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:25 pm   Post subject:  Re: Help with 16GB Players Back to top 

Thanks for the advice. I actually ordered one of those players from Tinydeal through ebay rather than the website since shipping was free that way. It should be here within the next week or so.

Coversion Free 16GB 3.0"TFT 16:9 MP3 MP4 Player LA2-16R

Is there anyway to change the theme or font for this player? I've been browsing the forum and I'm not sure if I can tinker with this player or if it is best left as is. Can the firmware in this player be updated?

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You would need to backup the firmware when you get it, just to be safe, instructions here:-
http://mympxplayer.org/firmware-extraction-for-new-rockchip-rk27xx-series-players-vt10856.html

THEN you can theme the backup..

USA US North Carolina
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've been looking at [url=http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_94&products_id=850]this one[/ul] because I really like the idea of the sd expansion slot.

Any thoughts???

I have an 8 gig player that will arrive tomorrow from eBay. I ordered that one slightly before I knew about hacked memory issues, so I don't have really high hopes. (Maybe it will have at least as much memory as the hacked player I already know I have...)

Nef

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

neferset wrote (View Post): ›
I've been looking at [url=http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_94&products_id=850]this one[/ul] because I really like the idea of the sd expansion slot.

Any thoughts???

I have an 8 gig player that will arrive tomorrow from eBay. I ordered that one slightly before I knew about hacked memory issues, so I don't have really high hopes. (Maybe it will have at least as much memory as the hacked player I already know I have...)

Nef

nodont do it, they are the older and naffer model, dont get those, stick with the conversion free range as most of those have sd slot too .. but forget the one you linked

Download Post  No rating  
BisonMami

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:35 am   Post subject:  Re: Help with 16GB Players Back to top 

My player arrived a few days ago, and I just got it this morning from the post office. Nice player, but it was infected with two viruses and spyware. So please be careful when first connecting this to your computer. I am going to contact the someone at TinyDeal about this.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

BisonMami wrote (View Post): ›
My player arrived a few days ago, and I just got it this morning from the post office. Nice player, but it was infected with two viruses and spyware. So please be careful when first connecting this to your computer. I am going to contact the someone at TinyDeal about this.

i had this with some i got from dealextreme, not tiny fault (hopefuly) but quite common in these cheap player and as tiny get their player from all sorts of sources they never really know what they are getting

Download Post  No rating  
neferset

USA US North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

makd511 wrote (View Post): ›
nodont do it, they are the older and naffer model, dont get those, stick with the conversion free range as most of those have sd slot too .. but forget the one you linked

Thanks! Smile So the conversion free have the newer better ??? and SD slot too?

Ahha! Read a little bit further. I see...It's a firmware/chipset deal. Ok. Since the player I did get turned out to be ok (big relief there), I'll probably stick with the 8 gig for a little while, though the idea of an sd slot just calls me. Maybe by my birthday...

Nef

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic