Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone.

Reply to topic

hibs1875

United Kingdom UK Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:13 am   Post subject:  Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

Hey guys, just found this site after researching Chinese MP3/MP4 players on google.

Anyway on Thursday I went and purchased myself an iPod Nano 3rd Gen clone, I believe its coming from China and here's a picture the seller uses >>Clicky. The seller states it's '8GB' so lets hope its a true 8 gigabyte instead of gigabit. For this one I paid 30 (Around $55 I think) which I felt was a good deal, as normal standard 8GB MP3 players in the UK cost more than that, although after searching some sites/shops I came across here I've seen the same one for around 20, but I suppose you win some you lose some don't you Laughing

I've purchased an MP3 player from China before and know what to expect and I was pleased with it, think I paid around 20 ($40) two years ago and it still works perfectly to this day and gets used regualry. It's only 1GB though so I now require something larger and the video capabilities of the clone also attracted me to it as I do alot of travelling.

Anyway enough me me talking, does anyone on here own (or has owned) a Ipod Nano 3rd generation clone? If so what are your opinions of it? Good or bad? Also does it play MP4 files or do I have to convert them to AMV?

When it eventually arrives i'll be sure to do a little review on it.
Scott.

Download Post  No rating  
geostar
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:25 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

its definitely gonna be amv as its an ipod clone so its more for small clips than full length movies. for about 30 its a bargain if its true 8gb

put \"geostar\" as your referal
Download Post  No rating  
lolita
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:27 pm   Post subject:  Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

If you look in the support and dead players boards you'll find that a lot of them are having problems with this type of player, especially the ones that use the new AK series chips... they don't seem to be as stable as the older ATJ series.

I recommend you backup the firmware with s1clone mmediately after you get it.

United Kingdom UK Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

geostar wrote (View Post): › its definitely gonna be amv as its an ipod clone so its more for small clips than full length movies. for about 30 its a bargain if its true 8gb

Thanks. Has anyone used the AMV format before? Is so whats the quality like? Can good results be achived?

I'd only be using it for short episodes of things like Family Guy, Peep Show etc etc.

Quote: › If you look in the support and dead players boards you'll find that a lot of them are having problems with this type of player, especially the ones that use the new AK series chips... they don't seem to be as stable as the older ATJ series.

I recommend you backup the firmware with s1clone mmediately after you get it.

Thanks i'll do that when it arrives.

I'm paying the seller with Escrow so if I believe it doesn't work as it should or if the memory is hacked, I won't release his payment.

Download Post  No rating  
geostar
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well AMV is a very compressed format. So that means that the quality will be lower but the file size will be quite small so you will be able to fit alot on there. One of AMV's main traits is motion blur which you will notice straight away. With these noname clones you take your chances and hope for the best because two clones can look the same but be completely different.

Download Post  No rating  
EJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:15 am   Post subject: Gniark ! Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

OMG PLEASE HELP ME WITH MINE I HAVE JUST BOUGHT! It's exactly the same as yours, but pink. I paid 60 Sad & the firmware is SHIT but i don't know how to get some newer stuff onto it. (make the menu same as ipod) Btw the wheel isn't touch either.

Add if you can help please emilybrown2005@hotmail.co.uk or reply here.

WILL BE GRATEFULL !!

Download Post  No rating  
lolita
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:49 pm   Post subject:  sage Back to top 

You should've done some research before you bought it!

It just looks like an iPod, that's all.

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:59 pm   Post subject: Gniark ! Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

EJ wrote (View Post): › OMG PLEASE HELP ME WITH MINE I HAVE JUST BOUGHT! It's exactly the same as yours, but pink. I paid 60 Sad & the firmware is SHIT but i don't know how to get some newer stuff onto it. (make the menu same as ipod) Btw the wheel isn't touch either.

Add if you can help please emilybrown2005@hotmail.co.uk or reply here.

WILL BE GRATEFULL !!

Do NOT attempt to upgrade your firmware. You will brick your player. These players are decent enough, but have limited uses. AMV format quality is OK, not great but will work.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

With some pre-processing AMV can turn out good quality videos. However since you're saying you want to use it primarily for videos, you should've gone for a larger screen size.

Let's hope it'll be true 8GB.

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
EJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:44 pm   Post subject:  Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

Erm mine is 8GB accepts MP3. I want it for music not videos, i just want to have some decent firmwware because it doesnt come up with the song artist or anything.

Download Post  No rating  
geostar
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

With the nano clones they just concentrate on it looking likes real nano and not on firmware etc. Something like an onda or a teclast may have been a better choice.

Download Post  No rating  
lolita
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:30 am   Post subject:  Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

EJ wrote (View Post): › Erm mine is 8GB accepts MP3. I want it for music not videos, i just want to have some decent firmwware because it doesnt come up with the song artist or anything.
Artist/Album/Song Title?

These players do support ID3 tags, you should be able to see the information displayed when it's playing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Erm the firmware is crap tho, it just comes up with the song name & the screen looks a bit blurry because of the font. Can anybody tell meabit about firmware and how to get rid of and update it? To make it look like an ipod menu with the song artist etc?

There is no way of taking it apart but all this is wrote on the back
Serial No:6U738P8PZIH
Deigned by Apple in California Assembled
Model No,:A1236 EMC No ,;2174 Rated 5-30V

The firmware already on it is:
QSB13_44T
2007-12-16
2005-01-09

PLEASE!!

Download Post  No rating  
geostar
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

If u wanted an iPod interface y didn't u just by an ipod?

Download Post  No rating  
EJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:24 am   Post subject:  Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

Because there is a LARGE price difference!

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic