Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Hunting for the ultimate TS players - Part 2!!!

Reply to topic

TLR

USA US Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:00 pm   Post subject: Hehehe ! Hunting for the ultimate TS players - Part 2!!! Back to top 

Wow... saw the 747, 777, 848... so many to choose from, and, quite frankly, I'm stumped on which one I wanna buy!

I already have one of these "knockoff"-type players. It was actually kinda nice, but I couldn't stand how:
music/video/pictures were restricted to one folder
no playlist options whatsoever
had no proper picture zoom functions (as in, being able to zoom to a picture's true resolution and pan around pictures, even if they are larger than the screen's resolution)

...which it seems like these ONDA touchscreen players aren't violators of.

I'm looking for one that has ALL of these features:
Touch Screen
8GB internal memory (will settle for 4GB if other features are there)
Built-in Camera (Pictures AND DigitalVideo.. not expecting great quality)
Composite/RCA cable TV output
Basics (Music, Video, Games, Picture View, Ebook, Radio, Pic/Vid Camera)

Which player best suits my criteria?

Last edited by TLR on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

well so many so many .. but not many with camera, i would forget that if i were you, really not worth it and not too many around

there is the new touchscreen 4.3" onda 787 that may fit your needs well, tv out (but no tv in on any of the branded new Chinese models)

playlist (only one, std on all rockchip player), music database (std on all rockchip player)

or there is also the RAmos T8 another touch screen but looks a lot slicker

is size an issue

Download Post  No rating  
TLR

USA US Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

yeah, i know the cameras are usually crap. i think i'd actually rather sacrifice tv-out instead of going without the camera. (Bad decision, I know... im just weirdly dead set on just having it there for convinience)

size isn't an issue, i just need multiple subdirectories on my music/photos/video, and some proper image zooming capabilities... radio piques my intrest too, especially since I'm hearing of transmission from non-US regions (japanese radio? i would geek for that!)

On these ONDA players, is there a way to rotate the main menu so that I can hold it vertically instead of just horizontal?

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

well to be honest, in the current drop of new players there are really none with cameras .well

there is the newman momo mTouch with windoes CE OS, camera and a great touch screen

thttp://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_35&products_id=167
and some forum info on installing additional applications
http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3324

there are some new chips on the market now, rockchip rk27 series (replaces 26 series) and ingenics JZ series (used in most onda players), thee are the chips to look for for most of the things you want, they are pretty good

if you see onda style ipod touch clones with cameras then steer clear, they are older chips and not worth the hassle

some player for your perusal
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=229

this one is ner chip and camera, no tv out though and touch screen
http://www.allpmp.com/goods-482-Onda+VX747+4GB.html
BUT it has been quite unstable

gemie x760 - great emulation and tv out no camera
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_20&products_id=225

any way i could go on for ages, there are so many payers, just so few with cameras

avoid these type
http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_56&products_id=307&zenid=2ece515ab6d3fe611f12aaad0c31806d

this one looks interesting and uses adobe flash for the UI
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15317

have a look around the shops i have linked and see what takes your eye and let us know what your choices are

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:36 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

oh..

and onda players can not rotate vertical .. sorry, landscape only, none can swap like that, at least in Chinese players

Last edited by makd511 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
strange22

Canada
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Look real hard there are some unbranded player with 4 or 5 mega pixals camera on them with tv out but they will not have good support. Like the branded players. Take a look at the websites he listed

Download Post  No rating  
TLR

USA US Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:27 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

So I watched some reviews on the Newman Momo M-Touch.

I was WOWed.

I love having a lot of expansion options, and having an actual MS WinCE 6.0 on there just made it that much more tempting because any additional functionality I want can just be installed (perhaps I can even move my old PalmOS favorites here?) and I can load games on here (maybe even emulators?) as I please... pretty much has everything I want except TV-out (don't care much about that anyway). That and it has the zoom/pan options I want on the picture viewer... and doesn't seem cheaply thrown together.

Okay... make my day: tell me that the Newman M-Touch can rotate the GUI from horizontal to vertical, and I will buy that **** with the quickness (I'm probably buying that anyway... but I really want that vertical view Very Happy).

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:33 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

no, cant rotate, also battery life aintthat fantastic, only certain apps can be loaded as this player can not use active sync, its all a bit of a hack really

updates are never available for this player, seems stagnent, it never really took off in china much at all

processor is only 266nhz so not too powerful so cant run any overly heavy apps

anyway, over on the mp4nation forums is all this and more about this player and i will say that people who have this player do love it alot

also, as far as chinese players go )like this one) none can switch between landscape and portrait

Download Post  No rating  
TLR

USA US Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:46 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

266mhz?! no active sync?! augh... well, that kinda changes the ball game... especially since the biggest storage one is 4GB, followed by a 2GB max microSD expansion (6GB max is garbage, imo).

Still, however, I might get that one.

Seems like I'm torn between the:

(Newman) MoMo M-Touch
Confirmed to have everything I'm looking for except TV-out(barely care), and the vertical GUI toggling. That 6GB memory cap is gonna bug me though.
(ONDA) VX747+
Confirmed to have everything I'm looking for except TV-out(barely care). Great expansion (32GB?!), apparently also has regional radio, spanning outside the US? Also very intrested in it's flash player, especially since it supports FLV and SWF. Doesn't seem to have zoom/pan options (prove me wrong plz?)
(Visual-Land) V-Touch
I love the GUI, and the functionality (has the vertical GUI view I want so much!!!)... can't find anything on the zoom/pan photo viewing.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:38 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

where would you get the vtouch from, its quite old now by todays standards ,i would personally stay away from that one

there are quite a few miote that fit your needs in china but thay have not made it to the reseller outside of china, so no way to get hold of them

Download Post  No rating  
TLR

USA US Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:12 pm   Post subject:  Re: Hunting for the ultimate TS players - Part 2!!! Back to top 

Okay, so I caved and grabbed a 8GB V-Touch last month. I liked it, but it didn't really WOW me.

Wanted a lot of the features that momo m-touch has, but that 4GB is just pathetic.

What you guys think of this 16GB bad boy?

Last edited by TLR on Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:03 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

all i can say is good luck, sorry i am not too excited for you as i grow waery of unbranded players, they seem to be getting worse in build quality but i hope you have luck with yours, let us know what its like and DO NOT TRY AND UPDATE IT IN ANY WAY with any firmware as it is not designed for that at all regardless of what it might say, its unbranded and unsupported in terms of updates, so if anything is wrong then be strong and don't be tempted to do anything or i guarantee 1000% you will brick it

tbh the thought of navigating 16gb of music with a player that cant sort on tags is a little daunting, its built on the older rockchips, newer rockchips can sort music, but you will have videos and images from the camera as well so it may not be that bad

good luck and have fun

Download Post  No rating  
TLR

USA US Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:36 pm   Post subject:  Re: Hunting for the ultimate TS players - Part 2!!! Back to top 

So yeah... I went to go purchase the Momo M-Touch, and got distracted by this.

Nationite S:FLO

I was amazed... said "screw the camera", and bought this instantly.

...guess my V-Touch is going back on eBay or something.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:15 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

TLR wrote (View Post): ›
So yeah... I went to go purchase the Momo M-Touch, and got distracted by this.

Nationite S:FLO

I was amazed... said "screw the camera", and bought this instantly.

...guess my V-Touch is going back on eBay or something.

great choice and i will boast here, i am maderin1 and that theme on the player is my design Smile and i am one proud bunny that raz chose it to tbe the default theme on the player, the original was a serious bad phone rip

i have 2 of these and the are really good, one of the best Chinese players to date, great touch screen and solid sound quality and album art too Smile

welcome aboard the nationite party

Download Post  No rating  
TLR

USA US Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:20 pm   Post subject:  Re: Hunting for the ultimate TS players - Part 2!!! Back to top 

okay, you seem to know lots about the S:FLO.

So maybe you can help me with something.

How useful would the "Game Firmware" with the GB/NES/SMS emulator be for someone who's not looking to play high action games, but solely RPGs?
Since I purchased it today, and will likely receive it with the absolute newest firmware, will I even have access to the Game Firmware?

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic