There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

New Nationite player to be released soon

Reply to topic

Hotboxx
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Belgium
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:29 pm   Post subject:  New Nationite player to be released soon Back to top 

Raz from mp4nation has just announced that a second Nationite player will be launched soon.
Nationite players are mp4nation's own brand of quality players. The first Nationite player was the S:Flo.
It was extremely succesfull and was very popular because it was easy to modify and skin.
Togheter with the support from the ever growing mp4nation forum and the fan community who call themself Nationites.

The new Nationite player will be the F:Flo, we saw this player allready as the soon to be released Onda VX 525.
The player will have a 2.8" touchscreen, will run on a Action chipset and available in 4gb and 8gb.
The user interface is based on Adobe flash 7 and work on a run time environment developed by a Chinese company called WRTIME.

More details and price will follow soon.

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:54 pm   Post subject:  Re: New Nationite player to be released soon Back to top 

I don't understand it. Here is the spec and it's saying it's a Rockchip player. Rolling Eyes

http://www.allpmp.com/goods-500-Onda+VX525+2GB.html

Question

Last edited by knob on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Belgium
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I also noticed it, according to Raz it will have a Action chipset, just wait and see.

Last edited by Hotboxx on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

it is an actions chipset, atj2137b to be precise

rockchip do not run the embedded WRTIME system, neither do ingenics

Action recently held a conference along with new parters REAL and one of the main topics of conversation was this new WRTIME flash based UI alsong with talk and promos on the VX525 player

actions also briefly mentioned a new series of chips also, and there has been alot of interest from abroad also

plus raz will be getting 4 and 6gb uts for not much more money than the 2gb at allpmp, in fact 8gb may be around $80 !!!!!

i have even downloaded the 525 firmware and it is a new actions firmware package as i also have new actions firmware for my v900

so yes, DEFINATELY actions and as far as i am concerned the new actions chips beat the rockchips hands down, they just lost out for some unknown reason at the beginning of the year

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:50 pm   Post subject:  Re: New Nationite player to be released soon Back to top 

2137 Shocked

Quote: › so yes, DEFINATELY actions and as far as i am concerned the new actions chips beat the rockchips hands down, they just lost out for some unknown reason at the beginning of the year

You mean you already bought it! Shocked

bit more info and spec.

http://allpmp.info/Onda_VX525

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

their description mises totally the whole reason for ths player

and that is the FLASH based UI and the WRTIME system that powers this player

have you watched the raz review of this yet

no i have not bought it i have been researhing it alot and i am totally curious about the player and i am waiting for the raz release for higher capacity

also it takes 8gb sdhc cards - confirmed

also payers flash games - some, mainly mouse operated ones

i think this player is a tester by onda to see how the market likes the UI and the flash system, but expect to see more palyers and phone coming from both china nd the US using the WRTIME

this players main feature is the flash UI and allpmp have missed that totally!!! unless i am blind

5 pages of discussion on this player here
http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5286

have a read and see what you think, only proble i see is modding, may not be possible unless we get some form of kit from acrtions to do it, but i am sure that something will be able to be done

Download Post  No rating  
David99
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:04 am   Post subject:  Re: New Nationite player to be released soon Back to top 

I'm a bit concerned about this player as it's video quality seems to be fixed to 320X240 resolution. I think people are too obsessed with fancy user interfaces these days. It just seems like they are going backwards on this player. 2.8" is also smaller than the standard 3.0" that they are using in the other players including the VX777 which is capacitive touch screen (single point, not multi point)

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

rightly said, the video is indeed backwards and i said it before on mp4nation that alot of this player seems so wrong, but its the curiosity factor that brings this player to many peoples attention and, i suppose, the potential of what the UI can offer

if i get this then it certainly wont be to watch movies, but its cheap and has a new twist over the rather BORING stash of Chinese mp4 player

i am sick to death of another rockchip player and another and another and with this one its a different chip and a different UI based on flash, its different and that is what attracts me about this one

backwards, yes, but only to reverse and try a different direction and god knows the Chinese mp4 market needs something interesting .. instead of re-hashing old designs and shoving a different chip in

also the WRTIME UI sysetm has been used before by ANYKA, found a player based on this on dealextreme, slightly different UI than the 525 but looks smooth but only 2gb, so comparatively expensive to what this will be, but i think we may see alot more of this system in china if onda hits gold with this player and can rouse up some interest

Last edited by makd511 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:47 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

What is interesting about this player is the embedded Linux base that was talked about and if we are to get access to this. Rolling Eyes

I would like to see a least ONE generic player where the community could really take ownership of the firmware, a true "nationite player" if you like!

Firmware is the main area where most of these players fall down, the chip type in most cases I think is irrelevant, it's the firmware which most often makes or breaks a player.

makd511, thanks for the info on the player, i had been looking at the shop page for it when i should have searched the forum Wink

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic