Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

iTouch Clone Question

Reply to topic

Skyline969

Canada
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:02 pm   Post subject:  iTouch Clone Question Back to top 

I'm thinking of getting an iTouch clone. Currently I have an iPod Nano 2nd gen clone from Tek2Go and it works like a charm. However, it's only 1 gig and I'm thinking of an upgrade under $100. I spotted a nice looking iTouch clone on HappyGadgets and I'm wondering, does anyone else have this MP4 player from this seller? And if you do, is it any good? And if it isn't, does anyone else know of a 2 or 4 gig iTouch clone from a seller I know I can trust? I prefer a seller within the US or Canada (I'm in Canada) so I don't have to worry about overseas shipment and how 99% of Hong Kong players tend to be defective. Thanks for your help in advance.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

STOP

DO NOT DO IT

this is a Chinese player and as such is the same crap you will find all over ebay

read the following warning please and DO NOT buy this at all PLEEEAAASSSEE

i am on a personal mission to stop people buying this crap, it may be sold in the US but it is made out of junk, in china, and for that price we could point you towards an 8gb player from branded Chinese manufacturer, or even less from unbranded

these players are OLD TECH using older processing chips and shoddy hardware, that price on that site is a rip off, it is the same as the players being sold on ebay for $40 for 8gb, not the 2gb on there

read this
http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3523

that post is exactly relevant to this player

as for the BULL about shipping, that is rubbish, i am on mp4nations forum and they sell to canada and the US all the time with no delays at all, none so far,

i am really sorry that i sound aggressive here, but these player are not worth it at all and buying from abroad is totally possible, the only reason that site claims why they do is to force you to buy from them, and pay 10 times the price

plus the player is out of date, older chip, less functional, no update at all, unfriendly video formats

the newer players have better battery like, better video support, better audio sorting (they have NONE), MUCH better audio quality

look here, this is an unbranded payer, 8gb, from hong kong,
http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_93&zenid=bd03b193d75b7b1e06c42ba451224089

on there you will see 8gb players with newer chips as i described for 65$ ... and they are of better quality than that POS

and this, a branded and supported player
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=166
from a store that sells all the time to US with no problems at all, and this has TV out as well as 8gb, better all round

please forgive me on this but i am so glad you stopped to ask first so we could try and persuade you to the right path

Download Post  Rating: Acknowledged  
Skyline969

Canada
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:19 pm   Post subject:  Re: iTouch Clone Question Back to top 

Thank you very much, makd511, for explaining that to me. It helped me save 100 bucks or so. So basically, from what you're saying, is go Onda or go home right? And also, is it that the vast majority, if not all, of the players from MP4Nation are trustable?

I noticed that it strongly discourages the updating of an MP4 player's firmware, particularly an Onda clone. I'll keep that in mind. I don't see any point in upgrading firmware on players anyways. Why fix what ain't broke?

Again, thanks for the tip. I'll look into getting an Onda VX777 from MP4Nation. Are they 100% trustable, however? I don't want to get scammed 105 bucks plus whatever for shipping.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

mp4nation are 1000% trustable

please visit the forum and see for yourself, its a massive community of enthusiasts, developers and much much more, there is always something going on

i advise you to visit and see for yourself before buying, it will make you feel alot better about buying from them

as for updating firmware, it is good, and does solve problems, all players, including ipod have problems and updates fix them, but only on players that are from proper companies, and onda do provide updates for their players and it is safe, the onda clones we refer to so adamantly are not onda players

anyway, as for mp4nation, i feel a little guilty here as i am a mod over on the forum, i hope this does not seem like a spam, i get quite conscious of this, that is why i also linked to another site, anyway, they are 100%, go to the forums and ask away and my name over there is maderin1

cheers and good luck with your purchase and player
cheers
makd511

Download Post  No rating  
Skyline969

Canada
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:48 pm   Post subject:  Re: iTouch Clone Question Back to top 

Well, I don't see you as advertising for MP4Nation, you're just helping out someone who doesn't know a damn thing about MP4 players. =P

I'll head on over to the forums there and take a look. My name there will more than likely be the exact same as here.

Thanks again for the huge help. I can't believe for 20 bucks more than HappyGadgets I can get a MP4 player that's 6 gigs more, PLUS a TV Out feature!

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic