Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Who Hackes the MP3/MP4 players?

Reply to topic

GForce

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:09 am   Post subject: Beark ! Who Hackes the MP3/MP4 players? Back to top 

Hi there

I was just wondering if anyone knows who actually hacks the mp3/mp4 players? Is it the ebay sellers or the manufacturer they buy from?

If it is the manufacturer then the Ebay sellers may not even realise that they are selling hacked memory players.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question?

Thanks for your help.

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Most sellers on eBay are fully aware that the players they sell are hacked. They changed IDs often and build up good feedback selling small things. They then move on to hacked players and are able to sell quite a few before the negative feedback catches up with them. From prior experience, the sellers I've bought hacked players from are definitely aware of what they've sold and have tried to cover it up.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
GForce

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks very much for getting back to me,

So I understand that it is the manufacturers in china who hack the memory and then sell them on but the ebay sellers know that but still sell them.

The reason why I ask this is because I am looking to buy some from China and need to make sure who is doing the memory hacking.

As it is China it is going to be difficult to find out if they hack the memory or not without buying one.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Last edited by GForce on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:06 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

depending on what you want and on the factory, if you request hacked memory player, they will do it for you!!!

beware of buying direct from the factories, these places come and go so quickly, do MASSIVE research first

Download Post  No rating  
GForce

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:12 am   Post subject:  Re: Who Hackes the MP3/MP4 players? Back to top 

Ok Thanks very much,

I will make sure that I tell them that I do not want hacked memory!!!

The factory that I have looked at only offer 2GB and 4GB players so I don't think they are offering hacked memory as they would offer 8GB if they did - I hope anyway!!

Thanks very much for your input and I will let you know how I get on.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hey GForce,

My biggest advice from you (from experience) is to get some SAMPLES firstly to see the player and test the quality. I've had some sh*t players before once they arrived but looked great on the photo image (gotta love Photoshop).

Ask around other manufacturers as well to get the best price. Don't take the first price they offer and haggle them down to a lower price (that's worked for me in the past).

Memory hacks can be done on the manufacturer as well as the eBay seller's end (there are programs around that can do it for you available).

Hope that's of some help.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
GForce

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks very much for your advise, I much appreciate it,

My only worry when bringing in samples is that they will give me really good ones for the samples and when I place a bigger order they give me shit ones. But suppose that is the risk that I have to take when dealing with China.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:11 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes, there is always that risk. But that doesn't matter if you order bulk upfront as well. It's a risk when trying to do business overseas. Are you doing it from the internet? Or will you visit them as well?

Personally I wouldn't buy too much at once so you can keep up the relationship. I've had some really bad manufacturers as well as some good ones.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:06 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

jsut wondering what type of players you are looking to buy

are you after the cheap nano clone players or something a little more up to date and better

if you look at someone like tinydeal, they sell the latest rockchip players at 8gb for about $60 (30), now it may be worth contacting someone like that and see if you could buy bulk direct from them. but of course if you could find the factories, even cheaper, if you buy in the thousands !!!

anyway, what type of players are you going for??

Download Post  No rating  
GForce

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Binh,

Yes I am going to be doing it all over the internet. I am looking to go out there earlier next year so I will do alot of research on the company before purchasing anything.

Hi Makd511,

I am looking to bring in various models. I haven't 100% decided on what ones yet, do you recommend any?

Thanks

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic