Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Searching for a quality MP3 player

Reply to topic

Eternal_Search

Canada
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 pm   Post subject:  Searching for a quality MP3 player Back to top 

I've been looking for a good interim MP3 player to replace my messed up Ipod shuffle 1st Gen (Which is currently creating an amazingly varied playlist of the same songs copied up to ten times in random places!!!), and was looking at the Creative Zen Stone Plus until I came upon the wonderfully varied world of Chinese built players from Ebay and others. I am looking for a player with High quality sound, good video quality (I don't really need video, but it would be a big plus), Usable tactile or touch screen controls, 2 GB minimum, $100 maximum ( Up to 30 dollars plus). I am getting it solely to replace my Shuffle while I am waiting for the Cowon O2 and the Archos 5 to come out, but I do not think I can wait with the shuffle being break in half worthy. Thank you to whomever may be able to suggest a good player based on this long list of requirements.
As a sidenote... Is the website http://www.chinavasion.com/ any good? they seem to have some ridiculously low prices, which could be explained by their "Wholesale" Pricing, but I am rather un-experienced in such things...

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

for $100 you can get a hell of a chinese player with 8GB or more memory!!!

there are several places to get these players

for supported and branded chinese players there id

www.mp4nation.net
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_36&products_id=151
s:flo s the current top dog, full ipod style touch screen and 8gb for 119$ +7$ to anywhere very good player and fully supported and updated, they also have several mre in your spec in 8gb for around your price

www.allpmp.com
http://www.allpmp.com/
similar to mp4nation, branded and supported chinese players

for unbranded and cheaper, but unsupported (in terms of updates etc)
www.tinydeal.com
they have several players with 8gb at around $70, even a 16gb touch player for 80$ (but i would steer clear for now)
ONLY BUY THE ONES LISTED UNDER THE FOLLOWING LINK (as these are the latest chips with better vid support etc)
http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_93&zenid=9ca3e5b08eee6125ea900576d7049293

chinavision do sell cheap stuff like tinydeal, but i will say that the players you get from these places are a bit of a gamble, my player from tinydeal (touch screen one) came with a faulty earphone jack, they will replace though), but be aware if you buy cheap unbranded its a bit of a gamble)

branded chinese player from the like of onda, ramos etc at least do have supported firmware updates

thats all for now, any more question just ask

Download Post  No rating  
Eternal_Search

Canada
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: Searching for a quality MP3 player Back to top 

So, is the S:Flo worthwhile to get? I know it is really cheap for what it does, but how is it for durability? And are the shipping times really as bad as what I have read from some other users on this forum (That it could be for up to 2 months for Express shipping)? Does it actually come with a custom case? On one video review I saw of it, it came with a case, however the case is not listed in the "Accessories" area of the specs. Also, how do the Alpha Brainwavez sound? Thanks to those who respond.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:14 am   Post subject:  Re: Searching for a quality MP3 player Back to top 

Eternal_Search wrote (View Post): › So, is the S:Flo worthwhile to get? I know it is really cheap for what it does, but how is it for durability? And are the shipping times really as bad as what I have read from some other users on this forum (That it could be for up to 2 months for Express shipping)? Does it actually come with a custom case? On one video review I saw of it, it came with a case, however the case is not listed in the "Accessories" area of the specs. Also, how do the Alpha Brainwavez sound? Thanks to those who respond.

well i have 2 s:flo player and they are good, best chinese player so far, touch is goo and audio is excellent, but i wont rattle on too much as i am a mod over on their forum so i don't want to appear biased

i would recommends going to the forum and see what people have to say, all round opinion is good

as for delivery times, again go to the forum and see, ALL shops have bad hair days so to say, but the odd one or two have had problems (mostly related to customs), so again, go to the forums and you will se many happy customers, my personal experience here in the UK is no customs and delivery's on my last 3!!! players has an average of 9 days from order
brainwavz reviews are also on the site

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic