Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

What kind of chipt is this ?

Reply to topic

baghy

Romania
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:45 pm   Post subject: Question What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

I need an information about this player.

What kind of chip has this player ?
Official page -> http://www.chinabtl.com.cn/product/en/product_detail.asp?id=249

Anyone heard about this company ? ( ChinaBtl )

Sorry for my bad english

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:58 pm   Post subject: Question Re: What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

baghy wrote (View Post): › I need an information about this player.

What kind of chip has this player ?
Official page -> http://www.chinabtl.com.cn/product/en/product_detail.asp?id=249

Anyone heard about this company ? ( ChinaBtl )

Sorry for my bad english

That's a device based on Anyka chipset... What's is shown seems to be one of their latest releases.

It's used mainly in unknown brands... this is mounted in one of the most famous and conflictive players appeared in China cloning iPhone... the Onda VX858.

To find support for the firmware of this chipset seems to be a very hard task to do.

Google it by Anyka chipset and you will find a collection of unbranded devices.

No idea about its quality... sorry Sad

Romania
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:01 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ok , thx for feedback

but ... can i play games on this player ?

in this image ... i see a games folder

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:03 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

baghy wrote (View Post): › ok , thx for feedback

but ... can i play games on this player ?

in this image ... i see a games folder

Sure you can... if appears "games" as an option... there have to be at least Tetris to play... but you have to take inconsideration that it has only 3 buttons to deal with the game.
In my VX858 which is not Anyka but Rockchip it's possible to add some games for it. But most of them requires more than 3 buttons and pause (power button)

Romania
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

i need a feedback about this player -> http://www.mondoplast.ro/index.php?pg=ft&id=3215
i see , it's a rockchip based player
but it's good ?

thanks in advance

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

It's the old Rk26xx series Rockchip player, I would not advise to buy this player, you can't easily customise the user menu if you are plan to.

Look out for the NEW Rk27xx series Rockchip players they are much better.

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I agree with knob... but all depends on the price... I wouldn't pay more than US$ 40 for that player... I does all that it's said... but all in an a very limited way.

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:30 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

I would stay away from all players with the older generation Rockchip 2608A. I had so many problems with video synchronization (between the audio and video) that all I got was a ton of frustration out of it. I don't have these problems with the newer Rockchip 2706 based players.

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:57 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

David99 wrote (View Post): › I would stay away from all players with the older generation Rockchip 2608A. I had so many problems with video synchronization (between the audio and video) that all I got was a ton of frustration out of it. I don't have these problems with the newer Rockchip 2706 based players.

The problem of synchronization isn't a problem of rockchip it's simply a problem of converters... using viDrop there won't be such problems.

This out-of-synch issue appears in all the MP4 if it's not used the proper converter and appropriate parameters as FPS, bitrate and codecs. I do have a Cowon D2, a Onda VX858, a Meizu M3 and a ATJ-2135 based player and in all of them I've been able to play the videos without out-of-synch, after some out-of-synch troubles.

This depends of the way the converter works... some converters works synchronizing audio and video only putting both channels aligned at start of reproduction... this method works fine in fast processors like a PC.

Other converters (the good one) works with a time stamp that assure that audio and video are marked to be always aligned... some mp4 like rockchip works this way.

This was explained by the maker of viDrop which uses this method thru Mencoder.

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:32 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

Vidrop is one of the programs that I used. I agree that it works very well but I still had synchronization issues - for me it was converting a PAL .vob file to a XVID AVI. I still had synchronization issues, but just less. Even with a low bitrate like 300kbps and using 22fps frame rate. I could go 20 minutes without a synchronization problem and then it would happen.
This was when using two Rockchip 2608A based Ramos players. The Ramos sales rep admitted that they had issues with the Rockchip 2608A and would be only using the (then new) Rockchip 2706 in their future players. They even replaced the Rockchip 2608A used in the RM850 with a Rockchip 2706 in their reissued RM850+. Also, 22fps does not make for a very good viewing experience - the video gets jerky during periods of motion in the video.

What kind of settings did you use to get playback that would not lose sync?

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

David99 wrote (View Post): › Vidrop is one of the programs that I used. I agree that it works very well but I still had synchronization issues - for me it was converting a PAL .vob file to a XVID AVI. I still had synchronization issues, but just less. Even with a low bitrate like 300kbps and using 22fps frame rate. I could go 20 minutes without a synchronization problem and then it would happen.
This was when using two Rockchip 2608A based Ramos players. The Ramos sales rep admitted that they had issues with the Rockchip 2608A and would be only using the (then new) Rockchip 2706 in their future players. They even replaced the Rockchip 2608A used in the RM850 with a Rockchip 2706 in their reissued RM850+. Also, 22fps does not make for a very good viewing experience - the video gets jerky during periods of motion in the video.

What kind of settings did you use to get playback that would not lose sync?

Well... I don't know about this Ramos player... anyway in my Onda VX858 which is a rockchip with a screen of 2.8" of 262k colours I've mounted just musical clips... this is under 10 minutes of video.

I've used 320x240 22 FPS 500 kbps xvid... mp2: 44.1 khz 128 kbps... for this conversion I've used Xilisoft (not viDrop).
One important aspect is that videos can only run from flash memory when I've put videos in SD card video gets jerky.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Germany
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Dear David99,

did you ever tried the "PAL Rockchip 320x240 high.ini"-Preset of the "50 new Presets for viDrop" ? You could find it under Downloads/Tools.

This Preset lower the -speed to 0.96 as an Extra Parameter for MEncoder.

Another way to solve this problem is the MEncoder option -delay. Read more about it in the manpages of MEncoder - viDrop is using MEncoder inside...
rgds, lca77

Download Post  No rating  
David99
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:59 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

Thanks for the tip lca77, I'll give that a try.

Download Post  No rating  
David99
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:02 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of chipt is this ? Back to top 

DaremoS, that is interesting that the video gets jerky when running from the SD card. This probably has to do with read cycle times from the SD card and not the Rockchip or conversion. There are ultra fast speed SD cards that are very popular with the professional photographers. I don't know if they have the ultrafast SD Micro format though. worth a try I guess

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic