Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Did anybody know the Fieon Digital HYM-6819 PMP ?

Reply to topic

andYManOne

Germany DE Berlin
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:20 am   Post subject:  Did anybody know the Fieon Digital HYM-6819 PMP ? Back to top 

I found this PMP only on the Manufacturer site here:

Web Page Name

But all shops i found, unfortunately says "out of stock" Sad

Its seems an interesting unit, because inside works an 400MHz Processor Embarassed .

Did anybody know some more details or may be is a owner of this one ?

I┤m glad about any additional information about the HYM-6819 !

Best regards,
andY

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

very old player and NOT a very good p[erformer

do not be swayed by the 400mhz, all the new chinese players are pretty much running at that pace, many problems with these and many different resellers, good for a mess about but dont expect it to perform as well as you think

look for players using either ADI (smartQ) for emulation and also the new rockchip can alos manage emulation

all in one devices like this one from 2 years ago are serious underperformers

Download Post  No rating  
andYManOne

Germany DE Berlin
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:04 am   Post subject:  Re: Did anybody know the Fieon Digital HYM-6819 PMP ? Back to top 

Hey makd511,

thanks for your feedback !

I think it answers all my questions to this topic Wink

Best regards ,
andY

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anybody know the Fieon Digital HYM-6819 PMP ? Back to top 

Makd511 is right, stay away from this one. This player is that same Game/MP4/DV platform using the Sunplus chipset. That chip is really designed for low end digital cameras.

Another popular flavor of this player is that ugly orange one that was rather popular last year and early this year - same player, different packaging.

Does anyone know why JXD went from using the ADI Blackfin in the JXD301 to the Sunplus chip in the JXD652? Perhaps for the lower cost? Perhaps they were having issues with the ADI Blackfin part? ADI (Analog Devices) makes top notch chips so quality issues of the Blackfin are probably unlikely.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:01 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

sunplus have released a new chip, the 8000 series i think and as far as i can see, JXD are the only ones who are taking up the chip so far
JXD are odd ones, they will uses any chip, a real mex and match, they seem to slap their name on anything going regardless

there is an article on imp3 (i think) about the new sunplus chip

ADI seems to be too expensive for the chinese market, ainol dumped the ADI for the ingenics from the v2000, but it seems that whilst ADI is a strong performer only smartQ are really making serious players with his chip, and i thin also Aigo in a couple of models

Download Post  No rating  
David99
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:36 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anybody know the Fieon Digital HYM-6819 PMP ? Back to top 

If you can find a link to any information about the new Sunplus please post.

There is no mention of a new chip on their website but a lot of times the chinese chip makers do not update their website so often
Sunplus Website

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic