Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Advice on Conversion Free 3" player from Tinydeal

Reply to topic

manq

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:39 am   Post subject: Question Advice on Conversion Free 3" player from Tinydeal Back to top 

Hi,
My daughters MP4 went belly up last night after being dropped 1 too many times. She's only 8 a quite upset as Santa brought this one down the chimney. I'm looking at replacing it with one of the 4 GB, 3" screen players from TinyDeal. Does anyone have any advice on what to buy? I like Tinydeal as Iíve bought from them before. Iím looking at either:
Code: › http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_79&products_id=629

Or
Code: › http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_79&products_id=584

Has any bought one of these? I'm particularly interested to know:
Do they have a fastfoward feature on video files? On her old player she could only watch videos from the start of the file.
How robust are they?

Thanks.

Last edited by manq on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hi

now these players you have mentioned are part of the new rockchip based players with better movie support and audio support

these are generic ones but the rockchip firmware does support video resume, start from where you finish.

BUT - it all depends on what version of the firmware these players got when they Left the factory and i am afraid that history dictates that these players do not get updates

now i have a ramos rm970 player and this has video resume, basically the same chip inside but it has had updates to allow better performance

i know Knob on this site has ordered the red one and i have ordered one of the others also and they should be here soon so we can let you know what they are like and what features they come with

so if it is video resume you want and it is much better as i am in the same situation with my eight year old, dropped too many times, but there are better branded player that support this and for an eight year old i would recommend the onda vx767, 4,3" widescreen, video resume and tv-out to connect to tv

cheers

Download Post  No rating  
manq

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:46 am   Post subject:  Re: Advice on Conversion Free 3" player from Tinydeal Back to top 

Thanks for the reply. I might get [code]http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=149[php] from MP4Nation. I've not bought from them before. What's their rep like?

I'd still be interested to know how you frare out with the tinydeal red player. The price is hard to beat.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

tinydeal price are remarkably cheap and this is why i bought from them, just to check the quality as these no brand player usually suffer from build quality and bad battery life, also i know that buying this leaves me with a player with no updates and that is the MAJOR pain, just look around this site for BRICKED players where people try desperately to find a firmware

well, as i am a mod over on mp4nation forums (maderin1) i will say they are excellent Smile

but i all seriousness they are a reputable online store and i have bought from them many times, pop over to their forums and have a look at what is going down, at the moment their forum is the most active on help and support for al these new chip players that are coming out

the 767 is an excellent payer and is the one i was looking at and the battery on video is 10 hours!!!! PROVED

so whilst tinydeal is a good bargin hunt until i get my player from them i wont fully report, i am at this moment dubious as to the quality of the player i have ordered, i have been there and done that with unbranded payers before

cheers

Download Post  No rating  
manq

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:10 am   Post subject:  Re: Advice on Conversion Free 3" player from Tinydeal Back to top 

Thanks again,

Appreciate the advice.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic