Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal?

Reply to topic

mene_menelaou

Cyprus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:01 am   Post subject: Question Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

Did anybody buy the ''Covnersion Free 3" 16:9 QVGA 2GB MP4 MP3 MP5 Player LA1-2R'' from Tinydeal Question
It looks great Smile

P.S. Sorry, I don't know how to insert an image or a hyperling

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Do you mean this one?

I have ordered one of these myself, I hope to get it in about a week, should be ok it's one of the new 27xx series Rockchip players.

Cyprus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

Yes, this is the player.
I am planning to order one soon.
Please tell us your opinion when you have it in your hands.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ahh Knob welcome to the next generation rockchip club, but is it actually 3" as the generic ones i have seen have all quoted 2.6" or 2.8", the KNC one is 3" though, anyway thats just nit-picking

i have my vx747 rockchip from them on the way, got tracing number and all on the way#

must say this, though i do ot like most of the stuff they sell, they are very quick to send and answer emails, just wish they would sell some branded player, as well as these and get rid of all the older shite

Download Post  No rating  
mene_menelaou

Cyprus
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:02 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

I found a chinese manufacturer called BALLET that advertase this player on his website http://www.qs-ballet.com/product.asp?id=625
The site is written in chinese so I can't read the specs. Smile

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:59 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

I have seen a number of Chinese and Honk Kong vendors selling media players that look like this. This seems to be amongst the latest "public brand" models. "Public Brand" is a phrase that basically means lots of companies are manufacturing what is basically the same product. They use the reference design from the chipset solution company for both hardware and software (like Rockchip for example) and then use the same industrial design on the outside. Since this is in the China "Public Brand" there are no patents or copywrights associated with it in China (well, there may be one or more USA, EU, or Japan patents or copywrights violated but that is beyond the scope of this posting). IMHO, I would recommend staying away from these public brand products as you never know what you are going to get.

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:03 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

Cyprus
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:19 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

There is also available from epathchina http://www.epathchina.com/8gb-30-inch-tft-lcd-screen-mp5-player-red-black-p-922.html but is priced higher than this one from Tinydeal

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:36 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

LOL now that is just cheeky

David99 wrote (View Post): ›
I have seen a number of Chinese and Honk Kong vendors selling media players that look like this. This seems to be amongst the latest "public brand" models. "Public Brand" is a phrase that basically means lots of companies are manufacturing what is basically the same product. They use the reference design from the chipset solution company for both hardware and software (like Rockchip for example) and then use the same industrial design on the outside. Since this is in the China "Public Brand" there are no patents or copywrights associated with it in China (well, there may be one or more USA, EU, or Japan patents or copywrights violated but that is beyond the scope of this posting). IMHO, I would recommend staying away from these public brand products as you never know what you are going to get.

Yep, just look at the trouble the the ONDA vx858 clones caused, now they are public they are an absolute pile of TAT, and that is being generous

IMHO opinion we should really stay away from all unbranded cheap players and if you can afford it at least get something branded from one of chinas bigger names

but we all love a bargin and do harbor the hope that we may actually get a stonking player with all the bells and whistles for less than 30($60) Smile

Download Post  No rating  
David99
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:48 pm   Post subject: Note Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

Yes, all of those VX858 clones were rediculous. I saw five different Chinese vendors at CES Las Vegas this past January with different VX858 clones or variations on that.

I don't see any problem buying an unbranded player provided it really is the the unbranded version of the name brand manufacturered by the same OEM that manufacturers for the name brand. Both Onda and Teclast, for example, are only sales, marketing, and distribution entities. They outsouce their engineering and manufacturing. These OEMs will sell unbranded versions outside of China.

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:47 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

Yes I think this is going to be the new Chinese "Peoples Player".

can't wait to see what it's like when I get it.

I love messing with these unbranded players just to see what I can get out of them. (I must be completely out of my mind!)

I had it's predecessor, this player:-

I've had it for over 14 months now, opened it up countless times and flashed and reflashed it over and over again and I still can't kill it, I guess I must have been lucky and got a good un.

I just hope this new "public brand" is as durable Wink

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:35 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

Yes, you can get lucky with an unbranded public brand player. You might even get one that was made in the same factory as Onda's or Teclast's if you are lucky (they have fantastic quality). I would personally stay away from those iPOD nano clones.

Keep us posted when you get this player, I'd love to read your review of it.

- Dave

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

got my 747 rockchip player this morning will report later on it

but first impressions are ...... well for 30 it aint half bad.... but few niggles and stuff

cheers

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Still waiting for mine, how long does the delivery take from Tiny Deal?, do you get the PlayFX firmware? is there a CD with it?

Hell it's like waiting for Christmas.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic