myMPxPlayer.org ::

myMPxPlayer.orgReviewsNew Player Review Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:

#1: Great ! New Player Review Author: tadad1 Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:09 am

Well have had the player 3 days now and have put it through every test I can think of short of killing it and it is brilliant.

Sporting a 1.8 inch TFT screen that has such clarity, brightness and vivid colour it puts my 2 Nano Clones to shame (1 OLED, 1 CSTN).

Powered by a new CTW500 chip it is fast, will render 160x120 full screen AMV video at 16fps for smooth viewing. No ghosting or blurring. (My clones can only manage 12fps.)
The chip also supports High Speed USB 2.0 data transfer loading 100MB of files 30 seconds faster than the clones. The 250mAh Lithium Polymer battery provided 8 hours of continuous mp3 play with all powersaving features enabled and 4 hours and 15 minutes video play.

The new firmware Version 9.0.43 has been optimized to take full advantage of the 1.8 screen with a wide screen 160x128 layout and at last a player that can not only browse and load folders but individual files as well.

To top it off the player fitted snuggly into a $2.00 generic mobile phone case for complete protection and with a standard 3.5mm socket headphones are easily upgraded.

Despite it's small size navigation is smooth and fast with a comfortable easy access button layout and the default theme is quite attractive and easy to live with, which brings me to the only problem I have encountered. With the new chip and new firmware s1fwx will need upgrading. Although it can extract the firmware it does not seem to be able to repair it so themeing the firmware is out for now but as more players emerge using this chipset no doubt we will see version 4.0 of s1fwx.

As far as I am concerned this player gets a 10 out of 10.

Last edited by tadad1 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:   Author: admin Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:34 am

Nice review tadad.
First time I've seen this type of firmware.

Wow, it does look very clear actually.

#3:   Author: Guest Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:56 am

Price ? ^^

#4:  Re: New Player Review Author: Guest Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:07 am

What the price and where can I find this model. I have the clones but this is such an upgrade. I buy wholesale hope you can help me out.

#5:  Re: New Player Review Author: Vegas215.com Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:07 pm

tadad1 wrote (View Post): ›
Powered by a new ATJ2097 Action Semiconductor chip it is fast, will render 160x120 full screen AMV video at 16fps for smooth viewing. No ghosting or blurring. (My clones can only manage 12fps.)

With the new chip and new firmware s1fwx will need upgrading. Although it can extract the firmware it does not seem to be able to repair it so themeing the firmware is out for now but as more players emerge using this chipset no doubt we will see version 4.0 of s1fwx.

Looks very promising. I noticed that the Waterlily firmware utility does show the ATJ2097.

Since this chiPod can do 16fps, which version of AMV Convertor did you find works the best with this chipset?

#6:  Re: New Player Review Author: Rocker81 Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:56 pm

I found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MP4-MP3-Player-1-8-LCD-Display-w-Speaker-1GB-New_W0QQitemZ260008437514QQihZ016QQcategoryZ63292QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
this ones silver like his...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-8-1GB-MP3-MP4-Video-FM-USB-Player-w-speaker-1-G-GB_W0QQitemZ130007152799QQihZ003QQcategoryZ80020QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I also found this black version

not sure if they are the "same" firmware as his though.

#7:   Author: tadad1 Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:37 pm

Mondoe1, Paid $96.00 (NZD) on a New Zealand auction site Trademe.co.nz. Was mailed from Hong Kong.

Vegas215.com, Two versions give me 16fps, 3.57 with the transformsetup.ini edited to 160x120 High, and 3.5.01 which seems to be configured to only convert at this setting.

#8:   Author: tadad1 Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:12 am

Mondoe1,
I have emailed Lawrence who sold me the player and he has asked if I could forward his email address to you so you can contact him directly. If you can register as a member and leave me a Personal Message I shall pass the information on to you.

#9:   Author: Guest Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:00 am

tadad1 wrote: › Mondoe1,
I have emailed Lawrence who sold me the player and he has asked if I could forward his email address to you so you can contact him directly. If you can register as a member and leave me a Personal Message I shall pass the information on to you.
My Email Is mondoe1@yahoo.com Thanks
tadad1 wrote (View Post): ›
Mondoe1,

#10:  Re: New Player Review Author: guivarrichio Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:40 pm

Hey Tadad1, always surprising us with this amazing gadgets...
Very nice player.....could you please post more pics of it playing videos?

I know Iīm asking too much, but could you please send me one of this?
:)

kidding

guivarrichio

#11:  Re: New Player Review Author: tadad1 Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:44 pm

guivarrichio, A bit hard to get a good clear photo of moving video but here are couple of shots.

#12:  Re: New Player Review Author: guivarrichio Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:08 am

Shocked
Thank you tadad1, the pics were good...
Donīt you wanna give me one of this?

Thanks

#13:   Author: tadad1 Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:21 am

guivarrichio, If I give you one everybody will want one. Smile

#14:  Re: New Player Review Author: Da_fixer Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:52 pm

very nice mp3 player Cool

#15:   Author: Guest Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:50 pm

Hey does your player record from the radio? because I'm about to buy one just like yours but i asked and they said it doesn't (probably your firmware does)
myMPxPlayer.orgReviewsNew Player Review Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.