myMPxPlayer.org ::

myMPxPlayer.orgGeneral DiscussionHas anyone on here used the (H2testW 1.4) to very capacity?

#1:  Has anyone on here used the (H2testW 1.4) to very capacity? Author: abombaci Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Has anyone here used the (H2testW 1.4) that tests your MP3/4 player for the correct capacity? If you did, did you format before you perfomed the test. This is a very good site. It's located at:

http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/h2testw-14-gold-standard-in-detecting-usb-counterfeit-drives/

This test can be downloaded from this page and show complete anaylysis of a fake MP3/4 player or fake memory stick and when it starts to corrupt and lose data. Very good verification tool. Testing for hacked players with fake memory.

#2:  Re: Has anyone on here used the (H2testW 1.4) to very capaci Author: lolita Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:50 am

That's the "brute force" way, which is not a good idea if you want to make use of the limited write cycles in these flash chips (MLC started out around 10K endurance and has now dropped to around 1,800 for some of the latest high capacity NAND flash), not to mention you might end up overwriting the firmware if the flash really is smaller than it says it is. Reading the unique manufacturer identification code is the best way -- it's impossible to alter (unlike the physical markings, which can easily be ground off and relabeled) since it's hardcoded in the die itself -- tools like s1clone and s1res will be able to read this ID.

#3:   Author: dewdude Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:38 am

I just filled the thing up with 8 gigs of flac and listened to all of it for corruption. The next day when I had relistened to my entire Beatles collection and nothing was corrupted, I pretty much assummed my player was non-hacked.
myMPxPlayer.orgGeneral DiscussionHas anyone on here used the (H2testW 1.4) to very capacity?

Generated using printer-friendly.