myMPxPlayer.org ::

myMPxPlayer.orgGeneral DiscussionVote: New domain name for MyMPxPlayer.org Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Poll :: New domain name for MyMPxPlayer.org

MyMPx.org
54%
 54%  [ 88 ]
MP4MPX.com
16%
 16%  [ 27 ]
MP4MPX.org
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
MyMPxPlayer2.com
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
MyMPxPlayer2.org
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
None of the above (why?)
12%
 12%  [ 20 ]
Voted : 117
Total Votes : 161

#16: Snif ! Re: Vote: New domain name for MyMPxPlayer.org Author: willpluck2 Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Crying or Very sad It is an original recognized name already. Why the domain name change?

#17:   Author: admin Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:10 am

Hi willpluck2,

The main reason why the domain name change is two fold. Firstly, we needed to upgrade the site as the existing content management system that runs MyMPxPlayer.org is old and has been hacked a few times already. Secondly, as this site has a lot of indexed pages and customised URL's, if we kept the same name but switch systems, we won't maintain the URLs so valuable information already indexed by search engines will be broken.

So, if I went for a different domain name instead (but keep the existing MyMpxPlayer.org but make it read only), that will give me the best of both worlds. All the URL's indexed will still existing and the new domain name with the new content management system will live on a new server with new URL's.

#18:   Author: geostar Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:56 am

when will the new site be ready? and what domain did you chose?

---EDIT---

just went to http://www.mympx.org looks like its ready! love the new design btw. im a senior member apparently! also why is my rank one lower than it is on here?

#19:   Author: admin Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:34 am

Hey geostar,

It's still in beta as I'm still getting some redesign done as well has making more changes.

I haven't officially told anyone about http://mympx.org yet as it's still not complete.

Don't post anything there though as there is a good chance that it will get deleted during the import from MyMPxPlayer.org to the new site.

Also, there are still some configuration changes to do, such as ranks and memberships....

#20:   Author: geostar Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:47 am

for some reason it wont let you have img tags in your sig

#21:   Author: xxh-eagle Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:08 am

Very Happy
aleeee wrote (View Post): › MyMpx.org is the best of these name,is short and nice Very Happy

I agree with your point of view
myMPxPlayer.orgGeneral DiscussionVote: New domain name for MyMPxPlayer.org Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.