myMPxPlayer.org ::

myMPxPlayer.orgGeneral DiscussionNew makeover for MyMPxPlayer.org Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:

#16:   Author: geostar Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:55 am

Preview please.

#17:  Re: New makeover for MyMPxPlayer.org Author: Desinate Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:34 pm

admin wrote (View Post): › Hi everyone,

I am delighted to announce that in the next few months, MyMPxPlayer.org is going to have a make over!

This means:

1. A brand new fast dedicated server

2. New domain name

3. New theme and layout for the site

4. New forum

I'm going to go all out to upgrade MyMPxplayer.org.

The site will be coming to it's three years old birthday next week and so it's due for a well needed makeover.

How much is this going to cost? Well, quite a bit actually. Here is a summarised breakdown:

* US$2,500 per year for the new dedicated server
* US$1,500 for the site design, template, theme and logo (yeh, new logo!)
* US$180 for the vBulletin forum software
* US$200 for the content management and portal page

But don't worry, MyMPxplayer.org will always remain FREE for everyone to use and access. We won't charge for anything, haven't yet and don't plan to. If you do have a moment though take a look here --> Ways you can support MyMPxPlayer.org.

Hope this is exciting new for everyone and once again, appreciate eveyone's input and to those who help with forum posts and contribute to the site. This site wouldn't have been so popular if it weren't for your contribution so this is my way of saying "thank you" to you all.

Uhh... You'll want cpanel hosting.. and 1500 dollars for the web design? Thats terrible lol.. Depends what you are getting though i guess... Who are you getting to do it? I'm really curious..
My brother used to own a web design company... http://www.ockiindustries.com.au/. But he closed it down.. :/ He would probably do it cheaper too.. Like $900 or probably less for a professional site.. Pff and I do it free for friends.. xD

What content management would the site be using? Joomla? Cause that would be easy, and you could probably do it mostly yourself with a lot of effort. Then again, you do want it to be professional, so that might be a bit difficult. XP

Also, why are you getting vbulletin? phpbb3 is ALOT better.

If you get cpanel hosting it gives you phpbb3 and all the popular content management systems/forums + more... So I recommend you go with it.. >.<

Are you buying a whole dedicated server? Or just getting hosting?

#18:   Author: theillusionist Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:34 am

that's do cool! congratulations!

#19:  Re: New makeover for MyMPxPlayer.org Author: betterdigital Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:20 am

Cost so much,it must be a cool design,i cant wait for it.

#20:   Author: geostar Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:59 am

any ideas of when it will be ready? and does the change of favicon have anything to do with it?

#21:   Author: admin Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:24 am

Hi Geostar,

Yes, the favicon is the start of great and exciting things to come to the new MyMPxPlayerorg site!
myMPxPlayer.orgGeneral DiscussionNew makeover for MyMPxPlayer.org Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.