myMPxPlayer.org ::

myMPxPlayer.orgGeneral DiscussionNeed help picking an mp4 player for under $50

#1:  Need help picking an mp4 player for under $50 Author: Teenacidal Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:55 pm

I haven't owned an MP4 player yet, I'm looking for one that plays video f course and plays text files, which is the best in my price range. I don't need more then 4gb's. I don't need it to play games. I just want to be able to play videos. Does any play regular 700mb avi's downloaded off the internet? I've been looking at this one

Pro Ebiz 4 GB Video MP3/MP4 Player with 2.8-inch TFT Touchscreen

Is this player any good? My main concern is playing video, so i can watch movies on it. But also being able to read txt files on it would be awesome.

Thanks.

#2:   Author: knob Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Any of these are a lot better:-
http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_93

And will play most video's including Youtube without any need for conversion.

#3:   Author: Teenacidal Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Cool, thanks man. Much appreciated, i've been online reading about mp4 players all day

#4:   Author: admin Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:37 am

You can also take a look at MP4Nation.net or UXcell.com as well for MP4 players.

They are our sponsor for prizes and are a reliable source.

#5:  Re: Need help picking an mp4 player for under $50 Author: Teenacidal Post Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Okay i bought the Coversion Free 3" 16:9 QVGA 8GB MP4 MP3 MP5 Player LA1-8R

i have a couple of questions, it came with no software, anyone know a good program for converting files to its formats? I have a lot of mpeg and WMV and none of my programs seems to work. Pretty much any avi works, but some avi's i get audio of of sync, so i want to find a good program so i'll just convert everything to work best on there.

Also, anyone know how to adjust the volume on this unit? Luckily its at a decent volume so its not too much of a problem. The owners manual says hit the - and + to adjust the volume. But those buttons don't exist.

Other that i really like the thing, i watched some youtube videos on there and a couple avi's, put a couple books on it, i enjoying reading on it. Thanks for recommending the unit, other then the couple quirks i love the thing.

#6:  Re: Need help picking an mp4 player for under $50 Author: mp4sn1p3r Post Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:34 pm

hey Teen
I have that same player it works fantastic, but I convert all my videos ( conversion free my butt). I use freevideo converter becuz its free and it works great but the settings xvid -320 x 240, 25fps, and 512 for mp3 for sound at 96 . and as far as the volume when ur in the music or movies press and hold the back button for about 4 secs. The volume bar will start to blink red u can then increase or decrease using the fwd and reverse . and press and hold the back button to get out of the volume setting. hope this helps if not let me know

#7:  Re: Need help picking an mp4 player for under $50 Author: Teenacidal Post Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Cool i have volume control now! Could you give a link for that converter. I googled it but didn't see it. Thanks

#8:   Author: makd511 Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:37 am

also try vidrop from this site, is also very good in the downloads section

#9:  Re: Need help picking an mp4 player for under $50 Author: mp4sn1p3r Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:51 am

Hey teen not sure about vidrop ,prob works great but i have 10 movies loaded on to the same player as you that work flawlessly

http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

ps free video converter
myMPxPlayer.orgGeneral DiscussionNeed help picking an mp4 player for under $50

Generated using printer-friendly.