There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

viDrop - free open-source converter for RockChip players

Reply to topic

siyah_inci

Turkey
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

scagliaf wrote (View Post): ›
lokster wrote (View Post): › viDrop 0.57.3 is out. I hope the problems with the subtitles are fixed now, as well as some other problems.

I hope... Smile

Check out the new "Split" feature too.

http://www.vidrop.vpunk.co.uk/vidrop-0.57.3-install.msi
ftp://guest%40learnfree%2Eeu:guest@learnfree.eu/vidrop/vidrop-0.57.3-install.msi

Hi Lokster!
You're the man mate, this piece of software is MARVELLOUS! Many many thanks and compliments Laughing

One tiny bug I found: I tried the "split" function and it does split as it says, but it appears to me to produce 5 mins chunks only.
This is because the "Split every >>" value changes the start point for the split (mencoder parameter "-ss"), but not the end point (mencoder parameter "-endpos").

E.g.
For splitting every 10 mins, the code generated is
-ss 0 -endpos 300
-ss 600 -endpos 300
-ss 1200 -endpos 300
which produces chunks of 5 minutes (300 seconds) each starting at every 10 minutes (0, 600, 1200 seconds).

I believe that the correct code should be:
-ss 0 -endpos 600
-ss 600 -endpos 600
-ss 1200 -endpos 600

Workaround

1. Copy/paste the generated code from viDrop to any text editor.
2. Change the "-endpos 300" to "-endpos 600".
3. Copy the code back in viDrop.
4. Run the batch.

Hope this helps Smile
scagliaf

its ok but i wana join to multiple file for example ;
a01.avi, a02.avi, a03.avi ==> join in a.avi

is it possible? May be can it Extra Parameters but i dont know about it.. Could help i anybodys...

i can do like this procces with "VirtulDub" program;
first i opening a01.avi and "File --> Append Avi Segment" opening a02.avi than automatical join a01,a02,a03..........

Download Post  No rating  
the_provider
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Romania
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

siyah_inci wrote (View Post): › its ok but i wana join to multiple file for example ;
a01.avi, a02.avi, a03.avi ==> join in a.avi

Why in the Earth would you want to do something like that, in the first place?
And second, in one of my previous posts you can find a link to Mencoder instructions, look for it and have fun...

Best regards.

Download Post  No rating  
siyah_inci

Turkey
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:46 pm   Post subject:  Re: viDrop - free open-source converter for RockChip players Back to top 

Sorry my english is not good. This also, i dont be smooth tell. Virtual dub can do join but my mp4 player (Ingoo In-T500) cant open virtualdub avi file...

i was tell be seample virtualdub proccess. can do Mencoder like this join proccess?

Excuseme again for my english.. Smile

Download Post  No rating  
koala121
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA US Oregon
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:25 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Virtualdub's AVI files are not the same as those played by cheap mp4 files. It seems to be a variation of xvid. If you want to use virtualdub in order to append files, boost audio gain, HVC, brightness etc., you will still need to run the file through mencoder to produce the correct avi format. This is the same thing I do. I use virtualdub to add filters and such, then run it through AVI converter (based on mencoder).

Download Post  No rating  
the_provider
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Romania
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:08 pm   Post subject:  Re: viDrop - free open-source converter for RockChip players Back to top 

siyah_inci wrote (View Post): › can do Mencoder like this join proccess?

Arkadash, why do you want to join files? It makes more sense to split large files...

Best regards.

Download Post  No rating  
the_provider
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Romania
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

koala121 wrote (View Post): › Virtualdub's AVI files are not the same as those played by cheap mp4 files. It seems to be a variation of xvid.

(Cheep, with no downscaling capabilities)Media Players usually work with XVID SP(Standard Profile, with no B-frames, no GMC, QPEL, etc) profile due to the week performance of the processors used whereas latest ones can play XVID ASP(Advanced Standard Profile with all the above).

VDub can be set to output XVID SP .avi files but with ViDrop available for free why bother?...

Hth.
Best regards

Download Post  No rating  
siyah_inci

Turkey
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:20 pm   Post subject:  Re: viDrop - free open-source converter for RockChip players Back to top 

the_provider wrote (View Post): ›
Arkadash, why do you want to join files? It makes more sense to split large files...

Best regards.

Because i downloaded like moviecd1.avi moviecd2.avi, i wana compile movie.avi when convert.

thank you for say Arkadash (Arkadaş) to me.

Download Post  No rating  
the_provider
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Romania
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:32 am   Post subject:  Re: viDrop - free open-source converter for RockChip players Back to top 

siyah_inci wrote (View Post): › Because i downloaded like moviecd1.avi moviecd2.avi, i wana compile movie.avi when convert.

Arkadaş, please leave them as they are, do NOT join them. Separate and smaller files are better managed by any personal media player, don't bother.
If you take a look at the posts from this forum you will notice that splitting the final video files was something requested repeatedly and lokster added that in ver. 0.57.3.

Best regards.

Download Post  No rating  
siyah_inci

Turkey
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:49 pm   Post subject:  Re: viDrop - free open-source converter for RockChip players Back to top 

the_provider wrote (View Post): ›

Arkadaş, please leave them as they are, do NOT join them. Separate and smaller files are better managed by any personal media player, don't bother.
If you take a look at the posts from this forum you will notice that splitting the final video files was something requested repeatedly and lokster added that in ver. 0.57.3.

Best regards.

Thank you for relations.. I'll wait new versiyon. Maybe its include join property..

Download Post  No rating  
ariel56

Israel
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:34 pm   Post subject:  Re: viDrop - free open-source converter for RockChip players Back to top 

Does anybody have an experience, what are the best settings of the video conversion for RK 2706, 480x272?

I've tried a few, but still get the loss of Audio-Video synchronization from time to time. Probably the quality is to be lowered compared with RK2706, 400x240.

Thanks

Edit: It came back: viDrop opens and immediately closes the console window, when I try to convert videos to the resolution 480x272 in the "Add borders" mode. I don't know what to do. It was already once, then it was corrected itself, now once more ...

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic