Reply to topic

bimmermd

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

agreed. I'll sign it.

Download Post  No rating  
etibsazrl

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:48 pm   Post subject:  Re: PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on e Back to top 

Well looks like i was scammed. No big surprise now i read thru. I bought what i thought was a 4 gig player and turned out only a 2 gig player. i am waiting for a reply from the seller to see what will be done if anything before i post name here. but i am not amused that is for sure

Download Post  No rating  
etibsazrl

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

etibsazrl wrote (View Post): ›
Well looks like i was scammed. No big surprise now i read thru. I bought what i thought was a 4 gig player and turned out only a 2 gig player. i am waiting for a reply from the seller to see what will be done if anything before i post name here. but i am not amused that is for sure
magicdragonno.1 is the seller

Download Post  No rating  
etibsazrl

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:17 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

magicdragonno.1 is the seller
here is the email they sent me back after i sent one
Dear etibsazrl,

hi,dear friend, Thanks for your mail.We are so sorry for that. And really understand your unhappy.We would like to refund you USD$3 to you as compensation. Because there is a new and nice design player to use with very low price. So hope you can understand. Besides,we are very appreciate for your kindness to contact us before dispute. We think that every problem can reslove here in positive way. So please kindly reply us asap. We will try our best to help you. Best regards to you. magicdragon.

Download Post  No rating  
DarkAngel

USA US Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:33 pm   Post subject:  Re: PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on e Back to top 

You know it really sucks that I come across this now,

Just for s**ts and giggles I spent $40 on a 4GB Touch Screen Player (Which after I got it and was able to do more research on it, I found it to be a Onda VX858 knock off...) Cough anyone that's a regular to this site should know the fun involved with that.

After wards the player worked amazingly, the only problem was that once I was around 2GB on the player and tried to load another file the player would to one of 2 things without fail. Either Lock Up, or Lose power, either of which I had to take my ear-ring out to poke the annoying reset button. It was odd though because windows showed 3.7GB as the Capacity, but what really got me is in the firmware that came included it showed I had "37xxMB / 1975MB" (Free / Capacity) ????

It's a RockChip 2608a Based player with Hynix Flash Memory and some band of Firmware chip that I have no clue about...

The card (Mainboard) is a
TS568 2.8TFT V2.0
20071115 TANG

I attempted to use nearly all the Firmwares I could find and now everything results the same....
X-AXIS Flip Backlight flicker...
Also whats more interesting with other firmwares I can only format to 1.98GB

The player still "Works" perse but now is a an annoyance to use, and I can't even play videos on it and have it display correctly (Which was the significant factor in my original purchase.)

So if anyone thinks this falls in the category... Let me know, I am waiting for a resolution (requested proper Firmware for my player.)

If I can't get the situation solved I will be sure to Leave the sellers name...

--DarkAngel--

Download Post  No rating  
David99
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US California
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:57 pm   Post subject:  Re: PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on e Back to top 

Hi DarkAngel,

Yes, it sounds like you are another victim of a hacked memory device.

As a side note: In general I would stay away from any Rockchip RK2608A based players since there are so many RK2706 based players and Ingenic Players (I personally think the Ingenic JZ47xx handles video better than the RK2706).

Cheers,

David

Download Post  No rating  
DarkAngel

USA US Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:30 pm   Post subject:  Re: PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on e Back to top 

Signed...

I Attempted to contact the seller as said, he sent me a program package that included an AMV comverter and such, that told me alone that the package was not intended for my player since it runs (*cough* ran) on XviD.

He suggested a small refund but since I can't use the player now I want to see if I can get a full refund from him.

I am currently working through PayPals claim processing and will keep people posted on how that works out for me, and also after reviewing the petition this is not the first time this seller has sold a Memory hacked player

yt-technology

I will keep posted on the results of my claim.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

thanks DarkAngel

good luck in getting the money back and when you do come back here and we will direct you to ome much better players that will have more up to date tech for not much more cash

cheers

Download Post  No rating  
Caesaja

Germany DE North Rhine
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:55 am   Post subject:  Re: PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on e Back to top 

Hi,
I seem to be a next victim of a hacked player bought at ebay Crying or Very sad

The auction (exactly the seller) was deleted (banned) by ebay while the deal was still not completed... unfortunately I paid too quick Sad
So now I'm waiting for response of the seller - I told him to take back the player because of the well known failures (I bought the player with the backstabbing 4 screws at the corners...) The auction was deleted so I can't post the link anymore... the name of the seller is: tst-handel.

Player Details:
corp.: Tianshun
ID: TS2716
8GB = 4GB in the end
seems to be a clone of the Ramos RM970 (like I found in an other posting)

Hope this will have a good end for me.... now I'm ogling with MP4Nation....
Or does anybody has a good advice for a german seller for me???

greetz
Caesaja

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Caesaja,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal.
I would recommend filing a DISPUTE with PayPal. Now that he's been banned and such, you would probably have a higher chance of winning the dispute and getting a refund for it. Also, it will be a good way to get the seller to reply back - when it comes to money and refunds I'm sure he'll reply pretty quickly!

Good luck and let us know what happens.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
gjtreat

USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:59 am   Post subject:  Re: PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on e Back to top 

Just signed the petition. My player arrived by US Postal Service, so I am considering submitting the case to the Postal Inspector. Additionally, the seller misstated facts on the customs manifest, so I am considering a complaint to US Customs. Has anyone else tried these avenues? If so, any success?

Download Post  No rating  
dittoLIVE
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:26 pm   Post subject:  Re: PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on e Back to top 

I signed it. Thank you!

Download Post  No rating  
freddyzdead
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Australia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

makd511:
"of course i complained to EBay (no response!!) and raised a claim with paypal.
my good news is that i WON!! wohooo!!!
Yes paypal found in my favor of me..."

WOW, you must be the first on the planet to be acknowledged by paypal to even exist other than for purpose of extracting money from you. They are not subject to any rules and not answerable to any authority.

Ebay just don't care as long as they are getting their cut. Oh, and they also own paypal. What a surprise.

Download Post  No rating  
Hoskins41

Canada CA New Foundland
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:16 pm   Post subject:  Re: PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on e Back to top 

i bought 2 x 8 GB Touch players from a seller by the name of MERCIFLY,
http://myworld.ebay.ca/mercifly
the players were in fact hacked and both were 4 GB.Told me he would refund but got nothing, filed dispute with paypal and its still unresolved.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic