Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Hooray!!! Rockchip SDK!

Reply to topic

Benjy

Germany
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

is it possible to 'unpack' a firmware of a player and get the source files from it?!

WIZARD
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:56 am   Post subject: Roleplay Re: Hooray!!! Rockchip SDK! Back to top 

I'm not sure. We don't have the FULL sdk, must get other parts.

Have any luck with Emulator? It's very important tool,
which will help us to make the development process faster,
without any risk, and without plugging/unplugging cycles
(which could damage the USB cable)

AleMaxx

Germany
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Benjy wrote (View Post): ›
is it possible to 'unpack' a firmware of a player and get the source files from it?!
I doubt that you can get the source out of your players firmware, you can of course disassemble it but interpreting such an amount of disassembly may be quite painfull. I could imagine though that one needs to look inside the original firmware of ones player to see for example how the LCD gets initialized.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

just slightly off topic but relevant to programming operating systems on mp4 players

there are currently several projects on the go for adaspting linux to run on ingenics based players with some success, there is a vid on a vx747 booting linux up and another project to get linux on the vx777

i know this is about rockchip but to me this is a very difficult task but the ingenics based players are easier to deal with and once a full os is up and running the possibilities are endless

anyway just thought i would throw this in for any of you programmers that may be interested

some info and more links here
http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10828

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Remade the snake game for 320x240 screens and included a game icon. A lot better when it fills the full screen.

download here:-
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VNKPIJ1M

@makd
Quote: › there are currently several projects on the go for adaspting linux to run on ingenics based players with some success, there is a vid on a vx747 booting linux up and another project to get linux on the vx777

sounds interesting, problem is I don't (yet) have an ingenics player, but it is a good reason to get one! Wink

I am mostly interested in the .rkp format 'cos you don't need to worry so much about screen/hardware compatability and I still got one of these players that works! of course you are limited by what you can do with a rk2608 player.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:49 am   Post subject: Note  Back to top 

Maybe you're right, and we should train on games
before creating applications or porting Linux for Rockchip.
From easy to hard! Razz
Also we need Emulator. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the big snake and source code! Wink It's working!
I'll try to rotate the screen, change the resolution and increase the field.

exec

Lithuania
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:56 pm   Post subject:  Re: Hooray!!! Rockchip SDK! Back to top 

Hey guys!

I've done some research about one rk2607 player I have (link). It's indeed an dual core solution - ARM7EJ-S main processor (according to firmware sources - up to 270MHz, but it's not a limit for hacking) and a ZSP400 architecture DSP.

What I've found that in /appdata folder in hidden partition there is a file named "base.rkw", which contains ARM code. If I delete that file, the player doesn't boot up. So it definitely contains a program that gets executed right after boot up (player doesn't do any initializations of any devices (for example, screen) without that file).The only information which is needed for hacking, where and how exactly does base.rkw run. The beginning of disassemble of base.rkw looks like a interrupt vector table, therefore it's possible that it's just loaded to the beginning of RAM and all interrupts are headed there. Anyway, it's not a hard task to place a custom bootloader that configures processor in our way instead of base.rkw. So I think it's green light to port ucLinux into rk2607 as all device drivers are already written in the code that came with SDK.

P.S.
Other rk2607 (un)features that should be mentioned:
no MMU (only ucLinux can be ran, definitely no X11)
USB host
no RTC

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: Hooray!!! Rockchip SDK! Back to top 

hi exec
I had a look at base.rkw on 2706 players too.

I found that even if you do a small change to base.rkw the player doesn't boot up, even if you only change a text string. base.rkw is checked or signed somewhere by the system.

But now we have the SDK we should be able to make changes to base.rkw to change functionality if we want.

@WIZARD
I have compiled the 2606 firmware and it boots up on my 2" rockchip player, the screen is flickering, but it works. Noticed that there are lots of extra sources for screen types to test out, so I'm thinking about creating a special diagnostic firmware, because most Rockchip problems are screen problems Wink

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

this is getting really good
we are seeing success here with the rockchip stuff and we have success in running linux with almost full operation on ingenics ship, with all this going on maybe it will be possible to add some decent functionality to the hardware that is so let down by the lazy chinese companies .. and yes i said lazy as this has been proven to be the case ... they actually cant be bothered .. nless cash is involved

good luck to all of you in this

Download Post  No rating  
AleMaxx

Germany
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

exec wrote (View Post): ›
[...] I've found that in /appdata folder in hidden partition there is a file named "base.rkw", which contains ARM code [...]

I have a "base.rkw" in the "SYSTEM" and "SYSTEM00" folders of my player, but both files start with "KRDL" fourcc and no vector table (there seems to be valid code from pos 0x30 onwards). I think for ARM processors there should be 8 branch instructions right at the beginning with the first one being the reset-vector (where the cpu starts execution after poweron/reset). Ive been working on the SPMP305x recently and that one has an ARM9 with MMU. Im sure youre referring to another base.rkw. I found this additional partition by copying rkusb.tag to one of the usb drive but there doesnt seem to be any startup-code.

Download Post  No rating  
lolita
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:24 am   Post subject:  Re: Hooray!!! Rockchip SDK! Back to top 

"KRDL" is big-endian "LDRK" -- suggesting "kernel loader", so that is most likely the boot code.

Manufacturers can customize the processor core to start from whatever address they want, e.g. Z80 normally boots up from 0000 but the Actions ATJ209x boots from 8000.

Germany
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:52 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

having a quick look at "startup.s" in "system/cpu/arm/boot" it seems like they're not using any branch instructions but instead explicitly change the PC so one has to look for opcodes like "ldr pc, SomeHandler" which translates (i compiled with gnu assembler) to "ldr pc, [pc, #offs_of_addr_to_handler]" and (always?) to something like 0xE59F for the upper 16bits of the opcode.
i actually found this:
Code: ›
SystemReset:
  14de74:   e59ff018    ldr   pc, [pc, #24]   ; ResetAddr
  14de78:   e59ff01c    ldr   pc, [pc, #28]   ; DBG_Addr
  14de7c:   e59ff01c    ldr   pc, [pc, #28]   ; DBG_Addr
  14de80:   e59ff014    ldr   pc, [pc, #20]   ; DBG_Addr
  14de84:   e59ff010    ldr   pc, [pc, #16]   ; DBG_Addr
  14de88:   e59ff00c    ldr   pc, [pc, #12]   ; DBG_Addr
  14de8c:   e59ff004    ldr   pc, [pc, #4]   ; IRQ_Addr
  14de90:   e59ff004    ldr   pc, [pc, #4]   ; DBG_Addr

14de94:   00000030    ResetAddr
  14de98:   00000040    IRQ_Addr
  14de9c:   600f3390    DBG_Addr
  14dea0:   600f3390    DBG_Addr

ResetAddr:
  14dea4:   e59fd004    ldr   sp, [pc, #4]   ; 0x14deb0  -> sp = 60e00000
  14dea8:   e51ff004    ldr   pc, [pc, #-4]   ; 0x14deac   goto __main

14deac:   6000f940    __main
  14deb0:   60e00000    ||Image$$REALTABLE_SDRAM$$ZI$$Limit||

IRQ_Addr:
  14deb4:   e24ee004    sub      lr, lr, #4   ; 0x4
  14deb8:   e92d500f    stmdb   sp!, {r0, r1, r2, r3, ip, lr}
  [...]

I filled in the names of "startup.s" where appropriate. So seems like the "main()" resides at @ 0x6000f940 in memory.

Download Post  No rating  
WIZARD
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:13 am   Post subject: Warning ! Re: Hooray!!! Rockchip SDK! Back to top 

@knob:
I haven't a firmware backup.
And because there're no programs that can make backup,
I can't take part in modifying the firmware.
Don't want to kill my player.

AleMaxx

Germany
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:24 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I actually was able to find some references to "LDRK" files in the source though it currently only partly makes sense.

knob wrote (View Post): ›
[...] even if you do a small change to base.rkw the player doesn't boot up [...]

knob, have a look at "ISetupGetFwOffset" in "system/os/setup/setup.c", there is a file header (KNL_SECINFO) with a CRC32 value that needs to be updated if you make any changes to the file i guess. Maybe changing the dword at fileoffset 0x24 to 0x80000000 will work to (this disables some CRC32 checks).

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 pm   Post subject: Warning ! Re: Hooray!!! Rockchip SDK! Back to top 

WIZARD wrote (View Post): › @knob:
I haven't a firmware backup.
And because there're no programs that can make backup,
I can't take part in modifying the firmware.
Don't want to kill my player.

Hopefully now we have the SDK a firmware backup program can be developed.
I have a working backup for my 2" rockchip so I can test firmware out and I will try to add new features, I just need to sort the screen drivers out in the source code

@AleMaxx thanks for the info, I thought the CRC must be in the source somewhere.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic