Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Where to buy Meizu M8 ??

Reply to topic

plazma

Finland
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:56 am   Post subject:  Re: Where to buy Meizu M8 ?? Back to top 

Looks like allpmp.com also got a very competitive price
Meizu M8 @ AllPMP.com

Download Post  No rating  
BlackPanda

Brazil
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:37 am   Post subject:  Re: Where to buy Meizu M8 ?? Back to top 

plazma wrote (View Post): › Looks like allpmp.com also got a very competitive price
Meizu M8 @ AllPMP.com

I cant decide where to get M8.

I guess you are a staff member of the store, how come you guys dont offer free shipping?

after shipping the price is higher then DX.

Download Post  No rating  
plazma

Finland
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:17 am   Post subject:  Re: Where to buy Meizu M8 ?? Back to top 

BlackPanda wrote (View Post): ›
plazma wrote (View Post): › Looks like allpmp.com also got a very competitive price
Meizu M8 @ AllPMP.com

I cant decide where to get M8.

I guess you are a staff member of the store, how come you guys dont offer free shipping?

after shipping the price is higher then DX.

Did not notice the shipping. DX is probably cheaper after shipping.

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:32 am   Post subject:  Re: Where to buy Meizu M8 ?? Back to top 

not that i am discouraging people not to get the M8, but i think any of you not in China should not buy the M8 right now, the China version has A LOT of issues when not used within China, i posted this in our forums:

Quote: › Last week i made a post stating we would be carrying the M8 the following week, clearly we are still not selling the phone but i am getting a lot of emails.

I recommend anyone looking to get the Meizu M8 and not living in China, to wait.

There will be 3 versions of the M8, two are released one hasn't yet (....man i have been watching way to much BSG Very Happy )

- The 'beta' or testing version of the M8 which came with Wifi, the one i have and that can be found on some sites for sale and ebay.

- The official M8 for the China market, with no Wifi.

- The last version, the international version which is to be out in a few weeks, which, although not confirmed, but i am pretty darn sure of it, will have wifi.

The two versions out DO NOT work properly on networks outside of China, even in Hong Kong i have a lot of issues with my M8 with my service provider Three, incoming calls and text messages don't match contacts so sometimes you can't see who on your contacts is calling you always.

The biggest issue is the phone disconnecting from your network randomly, this normally happens when you loose signal, once it looses signal it doesn't reestablish the connection once your in an area that gets signal, so like if you go in an elevator and loose signal, you will need to check your phone after you get out to make sure it reconnects, otherwise you need to manually reconnect and many times even reset the phone.

Also sometimes the phone may look to be receiving signal but it won't allow for incoming/outgoing calls or messages, sometimes the problem persists even after a restart, its like the phone is jammed and you just have to wait for it to clear. Happens mostly when replying back and forth to the same person a lot in one session.

Although the current M8s that are out can function on any GSM network, the international version will come without these bugs and is tailored for use on networks outside of China. So please keep this in mind if your planning on buying a M8 right now, you may face the same issues i have and most likely not have any way of fixing it.

Keep the above in mind if your shelling out USD$400+ to get the China version.

The international version of the M8 maybe out within another month and is geared towards being with most other GSM networks and will have working wifi.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic