Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

PMP/MP4 Slide Panel Design Firmware Upgrade Search

Reply to topic

Go0DtR!P

Philippines
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:55 pm   Post subject:  PMP/MP4 Slide Panel Design Firmware Upgrade Search Back to top 

We, from Philippines have a little problem on how to upgrade the version of our firmware. we don't know how to get the latest firmware for our mp4 slide..

this is the image:
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/jeo_guy625/Push4.jpg?t=1191789936[/img]

the version it tells us from its division - tools - version is

v4.01.070920-f

----------------
i saw one in a market having the same design as mine but has
a clock on the upper right phase near the battery. i want to know how to edit my firmware and to help others back - up their own.

Download Post  No rating  
zenitraM

Spain
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi there, I've got the same MP4 from DealExtreme, but it seems I have a different firmware than yours, I don't know if better or not. But there are at least 2 different firmwares for this unit, now that we can extract it I think we can try them all.

Take a look at this thread.. http://www.mympxplayer.org/sunplus-spmp3050a-general-vt8674.html You can get FRM Pro from the Download section of this page, put it on download mode by pressing the UP button while plugging the USB cable (with the unit switched off). Backup your firmware and upload it so we can play with all the versions out there..

If you need more help with the firmware PM me any contact method you have (MSN or whatever).. I'm very interested on all this.

Philippines
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:22 am   Post subject:  Re: PMP/MP4 Slide Panel Design Firmware Upgrade Search Back to top 

men thanks for info, i was afraid to do a back-up on my mp4..

when i've done extracting the firmware, like what you said press the up button before plugging usb connector - after it how can i restore back again my mp4 to use it again?

===

Download Post  No rating  
zenitraM

Spain
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:17 pm   Post subject:  Re: PMP/MP4 Slide Panel Design Firmware Upgrade Search Back to top 

†Go0DtR!P† wrote (View Post): › men thanks for info, i was afraid to do a back-up on my mp4..

when i've done extracting the firmware, like what you said press the up button before plugging usb connector - after it how can i restore back again my mp4 to use it again?

===

Just unplug the USB cable and that's all. Note - it can be the button X instead of the UP one, it depends on the player. Not all slide-panel-mp4 firmwares are compatible.

Download Post  No rating  
Go0DtR!P

Philippines
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:41 pm   Post subject:  Re: PMP/MP4 Slide Panel Design Firmware Upgrade Search Back to top 

please tell me how to do the back-up procedure.. the exact thing. how would i get the bios file...(firmware) ty then i back up and send it to you

Download Post  No rating  
zenitraM

Spain
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

With the device switched off, press a button (try different buttons and combinations, they differ from player to player).
Without releasing that button, plug the USB. Then the device gets detected as a Webcam. Then you have to install the drivers that probably came on your CD (also available here)
Use FRM Pro to extract or manage the firmware, which is located (hidden) on the flash.

To extract:
Go on Advanced mode
Right-click RSV and choose Set Working Folder, and then select an existing folder to dump the files to.
Right-click A, Get A image, B, Get B image, and Firmware, Get.

Don't worry about bricking the player, the firmware upload method doesn't depend on the firmware itself so if you have backed up your firmware you can always restore it, so there's nothing to worry about.

FRM Pro can be used also to replace individual files on the firmware without burning the whole AIMG/BIMG, and to reinstall the firmware.

Brazil
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:48 pm   Post subject:  Re: PMP/MP4 Slide Panel Design Firmware Upgrade Search Back to top 

Go0DtR!P, I having trouble with one of those PMP Player like yours, with the device stuck on the boot screen.
I've tried everything to going on to recovery mode, simply I've pressed the A + OK buttons an plug the cable, and install the drivers for the device, and I could get into FRM Pro and download the AIMG, BIMG and DefaultFW.bin, and i'm trying to recover this device at this moment.
Could you give me a favor? Send me the firmware of your device to test with mine (nenomolina@gmail_dot_com), cause I'm taking 2 hours to download back this firmware (maybe corrupted) to the device.
Sorry to all for my poor English.
P.S.: The device was recognized as Camera device, but with FRM Pro I could take the archives from this device.

Download Post  No rating  
sibawaya

Tunisia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:27 am   Post subject:  Re: PMP/MP4 Slide Panel Design Firmware Upgrade Search Back to top 

can anyone give me the driver for the pmp in camera mode so i can backup my firmware plzzz im on win xp sp2 i neeed it alooot Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Download Post  No rating  
Beerzerk

Brazil
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:27 am   Post subject:  Re: PMP/MP4 Slide Panel Design Firmware Upgrade Search Back to top 

sibawaya wrote (View Post): › can anyone give me the driver for the pmp in camera mode so i can backup my firmware plzzz im on win xp sp2 i neeed it alooot Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Googd morning (here in Brazil) !!!
That's the driver, your PMP is similar to that?
Can you send me the firmware when you backup it?
THX!!!
http://light.dnsprotect.com/~blld/spca3050/spca3050a_driver.zip

Download Post  No rating  
cheekeens

Philippines
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:34 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

can you help me?
i've done the update on my mp4 (it is a sunplus SPMP3052A)
but when i turn it on, what i see is only a white screen.
what should i do next?

Download Post  No rating  
gundam311

Philippines
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

hey i have also this type of pmp.. but i lost my cd.. can somebody help me upload it so i can download it...tnx a lot

Download Post  No rating  
angelprone

Philippines
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:45 am   Post subject:  Re: PMP/MP4 Slide Panel Design Firmware Upgrade Search Back to top 

can someone please post the image file of the CD....i alos needed this one....thanks....

Download Post  No rating  
sakshamdhawan2

India
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

zenitraM wrote (View Post): ›
Hi there, I've got the same MP4 from DealExtreme, but it seems I have a different firmware than yours, I don't know if better or not. But there are at least 2 different firmwares for this unit, now that we can extract it I think we can try them all.

Take a look at this thread.. http://www.mympxplayer.org/sunplus-spmp3050a-general-vt8674.html You can get FRM Pro from the Download section of this page, put it on download mode by pressing the UP button while plugging the USB cable (with the unit switched off). Backup your firmware and upload it so we can play with all the versions out there..

If you need more help with the firmware PM me any contact method you have (MSN or whatever).. I'm very interested on all this.

can you please upload your firmware somewhere as mine had the same firmware but it is dead now

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic