Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

a software project

Reply to topic

mmendozaf

Chile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 pm   Post subject: Complicity a software project Back to top 

hi! im new on this community, after look deeeep on google for use the 160x128 format on amv videos to play on my mp4 player.

I want to share my idea on a project i am currently on (since four or five months ago) making a utility for my player:

it's about a software with the capability to use the photo function on the portable device to show what i call "micropresentations", using the display to show text using microfonts (also using verdana size 9 its ok) on a nice background, like power point, but in a tiny format.

i already have the version 1 out for testing and the results are impressive, the device's display shows the text great, in a very good quality with clarity. (i am posting here a few slices made by this brief program, the language is spanish because is my mother one..)

in version 1.0 the language is poor and complicated (i developed it on visual basic 6.0, because is simple, fast and i dont wanna mess with other one...), but the main functions are on:

-manage folders with categories with micropresentations in it
-manage the micropresentations, with actually are subfolders with the name of the presentation
- manage the microslides, wich actually are jpg images with the resolution of 160x128, based on templates with the background image
- manage a .ms file with additional information on the presentation folder, for using in the software
- the images are correlative, 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003, jpg... etc

..but this program was made just for testing purposes and is not intend to be a final one.

I tried using .NET, but the main purpose of the program is maintain it easy of use.

I am now developing the version 4, for final release and make it available for free for who want to use it.

Here are a few slides created... upload them on your mp4 and see its true

If somebody wants to sum to this project, you can make me know it, or at least say "great idea" Embarassed

[img]http://www.udec.cl/~mmendozaf/003.bmp[/img]

Download Post  No rating  
mp4sn1p3r
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:30 pm   Post subject:  Re: a software project Back to top 

I like it, any idea or project that will further use of mp4 players in community is a great idea. Can give us a few more details on the project like examples when you can use it. It seems to be ( and correct me if im wrong) power point for mp4 players. good luck

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

yeah - good one, but on a small screen like this - hightmare

now is the screen res adjustable?? can we have 400x240, etc etc as a lot of new players now are bigger screens and i am sure this would be useful to many people indeed

cheers

Download Post  No rating  
mmendozaf

Chile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

thanks by the comments

well, the idea is the program will not manage directly the images but save them in a universal format that can be exported as jpg in any size.

Code: ›  
[MS4 Presentation]
Version=4.10.250
Title=Test
[Slide]
Tipe=1
Title=This is the Title
Content=This is the content
BG=Image.jpg  'this must be a big image, wich is cut if the slide is smaller
[Slide]
Tipe=2

The software must be enough intelligent to know if the text is too large for the size to split it in two.

I made a wizard who exports the same image in different size and helps the user to find the best one.

and about the images, is not difficult to see them in the device.. the first time i did it was impressive how the mp4 display the text clearly...

well. if there are more uses or how to exploit this is welcome to get them opinions... Smile

i really need this for my personal study on areas where i can't stay with my books and papers.. but the fact is i can't use a lot of time making the slides, so the program must be fast... for example, a protocol wich imports a .PPT file (is not very dificult to interact with power point)

if is welcome, i can upload a preliminar version of the editor.

Very Happy

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic