Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Anybody know what mp4 player this is?

Reply to topic

mknight66

Canada CA Ontario
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:24 pm   Post subject:  Anybody know what mp4 player this is? Back to top 

I bought this mp4 player: 32GB "2.8" Touch Screen DV MP4 MP3 Game Player.

Now, to me it looks like a scam of some sort but I've emailed the guy IN-DEPTH and haven't left feedback and I've used PayPal, so I should be able to get my money back if need be.

The seller has assured me that:
it has no scratches
it is 32GB ( I asked specifically if it was fake or not)
it has a miniSD slot
it has a built-in camera
it is in English

Now he also said,
Quote: › technically it is not working, that is because the person who
buys it has to set it up, because it comes with a driver disc and instruction manual, the Model i guess is PMP that is the only maker that would make
sense, but i ordered from china

So I guess that means that you have to install drivers, and an instruction manual. I never quite understood what he meant by "set it up." He said that there was instructions though (in this email and later on in our conversation).

Anyway, so I tried to find fault in it (would you blame me at $40?) , as it was only $40 at the beginning. But I couldn't find any. I know I'm only trusting his word.

Does anyone know what make/model this mp4 player is? It's hard to tell from the picture, but I see DRIVER in capital letters on the CD which is blue with little squares, and I see PMP on what I assume is the owner's
manual.

It looks exactly like an Ipod Touch with the one button, although I can't make out if the button has a square on it ike the IPOD Touch does.

Also, what do you think? Is it a scam? Is there something I didn't ask that I perhaps should have?

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Canada CA Ontario
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

No, this one doesn't have three little reectangular buttons at the bottom it has the circular ipod touch button

Download Post  No rating  
mknight66

Canada CA Ontario
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Okay, so I was thinking. And it occured to me that he said that there were games AND that it is possible to download more games. Now, how many players are there that look almost identical to an ipod touch, that play games, and that have 32GB?
I was thinking that Rockchip might be what it is, but they have the three rectangular buttons too.

So, do you guys have any guesses now? If so, look at the picture on eBay to confirm your 'hypothesis'.

Download Post  No rating  
mknight66

Canada CA Ontario
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

w00t! I think I found it!
This guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250362251058&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting

seems to have the same players. So, I'll ask him, he might have a better guess.

These seem to have the same button and the same driver CD. Very Happy

Sorry for triple-posting

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:37 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

not a rockchip its the impossible and never to be used anyka system and seriously naff beyond naff, buy this and you will eternally regret it - sorry, my opinion bourn of experience for mr and many noe disapointed buyers of this tat

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:44 am   Post subject:  Re: Anybody know what mp4 player this is? Back to top 

Hi mknight66,

$40 for a 32GB player? I'm 99% sure it's a scam and the player's memory is hacked. First thing to try is to put lots of videos on there until you fill it up. Even if you just copy and paste the demo video that comes with the player 500 times! It would be easier doing the copy/paste then to try to convert and find enough movies to fill up 32GB.

I have a similar player to yours but only 4GB version.

Can you take some photos of your player? You can see photos of my player here: http://mympxplayer.org/image-asp689.html and here: http://mympxplayer.org/image-asp690.html

Does that look similar to your player? I have three buttons in the middle.

To find what type of chipset your player has, best to go into the "System Info" menu within your player and post the firmware version, date etc.. That will give us a better idea what type of chipset it runs.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
mknight66

Canada CA Ontario
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't actually have the mp4 player. I bought it on eBay and I don't think the guy has shipped it yet.
However the owner of the mp4's on the previous link I posted is selling the same thing: mp4's that say they are 32GB. He says they are 3921MB not 32GB. He also says they play .nes games... But how do you play nes games without buttons :S?
Anyway, since the guy hasn't shipped it yet,
I'm going to see if he can format the mp4 player(that does the same thing, right?).

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

looking at that again its a 4GB player, the factory have both put the player ina Ipod box, given it the ipod look with the button and given it the ipod UI, chip will be ANYKA or an old SUNPLUS

stickers on the back say 32GB according to the other site, your original site states 32G = 32 GigaBITS = 4gigabytes, the sticker is there to confuse and con people as this whole product is

so, it will nt be 32GB at all, its 32G (as stated on the specs on the seller site, though its says 32GB in suaction title), but its not tat all, its a 4gb player and the whole package is made specifically to look like an ipod touch 32GB model,

i bet also it will have the ipod logo on the back, these have been surfacing over the last few weeks and i have already reported several sellers of these, i dont mind COPIES that LOOK like something (well i do but that is another story) but i hate pure out-n-out fakes like these, they are made to deceive only

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

in all honesty - cancel the order, complain to ebay and paypal, it will be 4gb, definite, and for that money you could get, unless they can genuinely prove its 32 by physically loading up 20gb of files on it and have written email proof of this for later

Download Post  No rating  
mknight66

Canada CA Ontario
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:27 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Okay, so how do I "cancel the order"?

Download Post  No rating  
mknight66

Canada CA Ontario
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Once again, sorry for double posting, but does this look reliable? It's less than the fake 32GB by $4 because of free shipping, but I don't want to buy another fake.

[EDIT] Forgot the link xD. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220344039728&translate=no&ssPageName=LanguageToggle

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

forget ebay and yes, these seem to be pikka

try here, they are very fast and reliable

http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_94

players are the same but just forget ebay for mp4 payer its a mine field

i recommend this one, it looks seriously solid
http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_94&products_id=883

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic