Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Buying my first MPx (CHiPOD) Player

Reply to topic

Imnotabot

Russia
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:49 pm   Post subject:  Buying my first MPx (CHiPOD) Player Back to top 

Hi I want to get a chipod which looks like this:

I want a 2 gigabyte or less version.
I was thinking to buy it on amazon: 2gb 2nd Generation MP3 / MP4 Player 1.8 inch LCD Screen

But the reviews are horrible. And I dont want a hacked player.
Can anyone hook me up with a good seller or give me so useful information on buying this hot baby.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:10 pm   Post subject:  Re: Buying my first MPx (CHiPOD) Player Back to top 

Looking at your player, it plays .AMV videos which means it uses the ACTIONS chipset. This is probably the most popular and widely used chipset.

However, the Rockchip chipset players are much better in terms of quality. You can tell a Rockchip MP4 player because it plays .AVI videos. There is a nice selection of the touchscreen MP4 players from Amazon which are quite nice. Of course, more expensive so it depends if you are buying for yourself or someone else?

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
lolita
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:15 pm   Post subject:  Re: Buying my first MPx (CHiPOD) Player Back to top 

Look in Dead Player board to see which players have higher defect rates, and which ones firmware is available for.

From my observation, these are more likely to fail:
B806
QS91xx/QSBxxx
YSB-xx
K9Hxxxx

Russia
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

So can I get some real input here? Is this a good player? I really want one that looks like the 2nd gen iPOD nano (or maybe the 3rd gen or 4th if it comes to it)
I heard there were some with cameras Very Happy
So is this one any good?

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have a second generation one. It's a pretty good copy.

I've now got a touch screen MP4 player now. Why not, it's not that much more and it runs the better Rockchip chipset.

Re: Players with cameras
I've seen posts from other members about MP4 players with cameras and the quality of the pictures are not good at all. So, if you want decent photos, I would recommend getting a proper digital camera designed to take photos. The one that comes with an MP4 player will take photos but don't expect the photos to win any competitions or something like that!

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
Imnotabot

Russia
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I know I am mostly looking for a second generation one... can you please post where you got it?

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:10 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

www.tinydeal.com

my personal experience

had 4 2nd clones, 2 fake memory ones, 2 ok all 4 dead, battery really bad, batteries die even when player turned off (known defect on actions player), navigtion appalling, no artists or music sorting no album art, basically these do not work the same way as an iod, just to be clear

byt yeah, tinydeal are the cheapest, also look at

www.dealextreme.com
and
www.focalprice.com

they will player music but battery is seriously poor, best i ever got was 6 hours from all 4 of mine, as you can see i am not a fan of these

also there are some new nano 4th gen clones that have similar "features" to the new nano, rotate display, shake to shuffle

try
www.digitalkingz.com as they have these new supposedly 1:1 copies of the new 4th gen player

http://www.digitalkingz.com/dknaex8gbsuc.html

BTW the 2nd gen clones are bigger than ipod so you cant use any of the accessories

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic