Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

are there any REAL 8GB or 16GB ipod clones???

Reply to topic

panagath

Greece
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 am   Post subject:  are there any REAL 8GB or 16GB ipod clones??? Back to top 

Hello, I have been scammed with buing an 8GB 3rd gen ipod clone from ebay that resulted in a 2GB one!!! I'm wondering if there are any REAL 8GB or 16GB clones without hacked memory, 3rd or 4th gen. If there are any with actual 8GB or 16GB memory, where can I find them? Obviously ebay ones are hacked.

Download Post  No rating  
mac_gyver
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Sweden
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:47 pm   Post subject:  Re: are there any REAL 8GB or 16GB ipod clones??? Back to top 

Hi

Yes there is some real 8Gb Ipod "clones", but they are hard to find.
But I don't belive there is any 16Gb, all I have seen is fake.
I also got scammed on 5units 16Gb Ipod "clones", their real memory was only 2Gb.

Greece
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:14 pm   Post subject:  Re: are there any REAL 8GB or 16GB ipod clones??? Back to top 

There are some 4th gen ipod clones on ebay for 35$ from hong kong.They say they are 16GBs but i beleive they are hacked. At least if they are at 4GBs it is enought for the money, but are they 4 or 2GBs???

P.S. DO you know any links with real 8GB ipod clones??

Download Post  No rating  
kn100

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:44 pm   Post subject: Complicity  Back to top 

I just purchased one of these:

and its reported by the mp5 player itself to be 15.691gb, ive loaded it with 5.099gb and everything is working dandy. the interface is fantastic, and for 40 gbp, i couldnt argue.
is there any way to test that it really is 16gb?

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

kn100,

I've got a similar player but only a 4GB version (to be safe).

Can you send us the link of where you bought it from?

The easiest way to test is try this:
1. Firstly fill the player up with 16GB of information
2. Secondly trying playing ALL the files on there to make sure it works.

It's easier if you use VIDEO files are they are obviously larger and there will be not as many files to play.

Let us know how you get on.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
kn100

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:16 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

admin wrote (View Post): ›
kn100,

I've got a similar player but only a 4GB version (to be safe).

Can you send us the link of where you bought it from?

The easiest way to test is try this:
1. Firstly fill the player up with 16GB of information
2. Secondly trying playing ALL the files on there to make sure it works.

It's easier if you use VIDEO files are they are obviously larger and there will be not as many files to play.

Let us know how you get on.

Sorry admin, can't really help you there, the player was bought of somebody called Danny Chen, Wong Shuk Hing
p.o.box 1225
tsuen wan post office, hong kong

thats what it says on the front of the package box, and i cant find the exact seller, but i can link you to similar players on ebay, they all have the same picture, and same description

*note* i dont even have 16gb of data, but ive loaded around 8gb and everything plays fine, and i use the player for around 11 hours a day so it gets thurough testing.

VIDEO REVIEW: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G9GfVtP9H2Q made it a couple of days ago.

I think this is where i got it from -> 3.0" 16GB MP5 Player 3" 16G MP4 Touch LCD MP3 +Case+Pen

it came in 6 days to me

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:31 am   Post subject:  Re: are there any REAL 8GB or 16GB ipod clones??? Back to top 

You wouldn't actually need to load in the full 16GB to test the player, 9GB would do as memory comes in chips of 1,2,4,8,16,32 etc. so the next step down from 16GB would be 8GB so you only need to load 9GB of videos to test the player.

You can get this player at Tinydeal btw:- http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_93

Download Post  No rating  
kn100

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:06 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

knob wrote (View Post): ›
You wouldn't actually need to load in the full 16GB to test the player, 9GB would do as memory comes in chips of 1,2,4,8,16,32 etc. so the next step down from 16GB would be 8GB so you only need to load 9GB of videos to test the player.

You can get this player at Tinydeal btw:- http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_93

just loaded 10gb of data, NO ERRORS!! working like a charm. I love my chipod. Thanks for your help guys

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

kn100,

Good to hear.
To get the full 16GB to full up your player, the easiest way I've found is to just do multiple copy/paste of the same files Smile. Then all you need to do is start the first video, then when that plays fine for the first few seconds, skip to the next video. It shouldn't take you very long for you to go through all 16GB of videos.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
kn100

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

admin wrote (View Post): ›
kn100,

Good to hear.
To get the full 16GB to full up your player, the easiest way I've found is to just do multiple copy/paste of the same files Smile. Then all you need to do is start the first video, then when that plays fine for the first few seconds, skip to the next video. It shouldn't take you very long for you to go through all 16GB of videos.

yep it works!!

Download Post  No rating  
neferset

USA US North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:00 pm   Post subject:  Re: are there any REAL 8GB or 16GB ipod clones??? Back to top 

panagath wrote (View Post): › Hello, I have been scammed with buing an 8GB 3rd gen ipod clone from ebay that resulted in a 2GB one!!! I'm wondering if there are any REAL 8GB or 16GB clones without hacked memory, 3rd or 4th gen. If there are any with actual 8GB or 16GB memory, where can I find them? Obviously ebay ones are hacked.

I just got one from godzilla308338. It's a silver 3rd gen iPod Nano clone. I bought it (ebay) just as I learned why I was having trouble with my "4 gig" (read 2 gig) mpx. It took almost a month to arrive, though the last week of transit had something to do with postal paperwork.

Meanwhile, godzilla308338 had a negative feedback about selling hacked players, so I was extremely worried, but I checked it out this afternoon and mine is alright. I've got about 6 gigs of files on it (6.78 actually) and the last one plays without a problem.

With that feedback, I don't feel comfy enough to totally whitelist that seller, but I can say I got a good player and a good deal on it. (8 gb for $22 with free shipping--I did take the insurance too, which sometimes makes a difference in shipping practices with some sellers.)

Nef

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic