Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal?

Reply to topic

makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

yeah, be carefull and make a backup

also be aware that i asked tinydeal a specific question on these specific player, i asked

Do you get all these players from the same factory

they answered ...

No, we get them from several factories

what this means is that even thought they are from tinydeal, they may actually come from different factories and as such the firmware will be different, so be carefull is all i am saying

Download Post  No rating  
Stopas

Lithuania European Union
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

knob wrote (View Post): › hi Stopas

It's already uploaded here:-
http://www.mympxplayer.org/rockchip-firmware-clone-vx747-rk2706-df897.html

but be careful, when you get your player BE SURE to do a backup of yours in case makd511's firmware doesn't work, just to be safe
Ok. Thank you very much. I'm waiting my player Rolling Eyes mm... Very Happy Yea.. I be careful Wink

EDIT by Stopas: Hey knob here is BMPO.bin not for player what i've ordered... I order this: http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_93&products_id=623&zenid=01f29dd81043dc7014fca10a0554c784 and want this player BMPO.bin file, but now i'm found it: http://www.mympxplayer.org/rockchip-firmware-mp5-rk2706-version-219-df895.html

Download Post  No rating  
Stopas

Lithuania European Union
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hello. I get my player yesterday, but i uploaded about 900 songs in folder "Music" and when i press "All Music" it's starts to update libary, but when be updated about half libary my player hang down.. I try to leave my player without nothing doing to one hour, but still the same. So whats wrong?

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hi stopas

You may be copying too many files at one time.
I have never copied as many as 900 at one time.

Your music may also have some bad tags on some of the files, it uses the tag to do the sorting.

Try copying fewer files, only 100 at one time and give the player chance to update it's music database each time.

hope this helps
cheers knob

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

knob wrote (View Post): › Do you mean this one?

I have ordered one of these myself, I hope to get it in about a week, should be ok it's one of the new 27xx series Rockchip players.

Hi, I absolutely adore this player in blue...that being said I haven't bought it yet. Is this a branded player or a generic one? I'm a student and haven't alot to spend, but if I were to buy this in a 8GB will it really be a 8GB player or will it be a hacked job? Also...if this is a generic brand, is TinyDeal is the only way to go? What are other options if I wanted to pursue a branded route?

Any advice that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. Ebay is NOT the way to go is it?

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I did get this player from tinydeal and it's still ok, it did have a virus on it though, but no it wasn't hacked, its usually the ipod look alikes that get hacked due to their popularity.

Mp4nation have also got the same type now, but I think it's only in red here:-
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_44&products_id=256

but it's a good price though..

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

knob wrote (View Post): › I did get this player from tinydeal and it's still ok, it did have a virus on it though, but no it wasn't hacked, its usually the ipod look alikes that get hacked due to their popularity.

Mp4nation have also got the same type now, but I think it's only in red here:-
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_44&products_id=256

but it's a good price though..

Thanks so much!

http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=871

I found this one on tiny deal and its a 16GB in blue...that price isn't to bad...did tiny deal address the virus issue?

Thanks again. Smile

Download Post  No rating  
BigTymer
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:49 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

A few questions:

-Does the album art feature on this player really work?
-Does it play FLV directly?
-This player seems similar:

http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_94&products_id=883

Which is better, or is it a style preference? It seems like the one I linked to can play FLV and the other can't, unless the firmware is updated (guess it's a crapshoot when ordering?) I see some people selling this player as having FLV playback

Also, it seems like they are selling two nearly identical players in different capacities, one looks red and one looks like orange red, is this the case and they are different colors or is this an oversight and error in listing?

Thanks!

Download Post  No rating  
BigTymer
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:59 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

Followup: Are there really TVout versions of this player or are they just scams with "oops, sent you the wrong one" as seen in this thread?

And are some versions of the player capable of FLV and others not? See some on eBay that offer this but wary.

Download Post  No rating  
caimlas

USA US South Dakota
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Here's something people need to understand about product sales and marketing in China: they think we're absolutely batty to have any sort of brand name loyalty, or equate anything with name brands. Over there (Japan, China, etc.) a name brand means nothing; all that matters is that you get what is being advertised. This results in Chinese stores all being similar to the produce isle in your local grocery: everyone is picking over products and inspecting them (usually not knowing what they're looking at). But that's the way they work.

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:25 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

BigTymer wrote (View Post): › A few questions:

-Does the album art feature on this player really work?
-Does it play FLV directly?
-This player seems similar:

http://www.tinydeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_94&products_id=883

Thanks!

Sorry to say... but this player is becoming a pandora box as it was VX858 of Onda.

In this last week I've tested two different players mounted in the same fuselage (as Chinese say).
- one was a trypical RK2706 similar to my Ramos RM950 (an awesome player) plus FM and TV-OUT and Microsoft FX
- Two, a player with the most weird interface that I've see. NO TV-OUT no Microsoft playFX.

In both the player was capable of play several formats with good sound and image but its implementation is as weird as a Chinese mind can be (sorry Chinese pals).

one was firmware 2.13... my Ramos is 2.4
the other a strange V1.3.0.11 ??????????

what is this my god???... who in the populated China can explain what it's in the mind of this providers... supposedly they should provide firmware in the range 2.xx

This form factor is becoming as weird as Chinese industry is... it seems that only the rascals of Apple were capable to put Chinese makers in the proper line.

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:38 am   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I've to correct myself... the chip mounted in this fuselage is a Ingenic and have nothing to do with Rockchip

Anyway is still a weird interface very hard to manage it.

I'll continue testing it

Shocked

Latvia
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

just to know.. how big card can i put in this player, somewhere are mention about 8 Gb, somewhere 2Gb max, so reali how much? i mean with which size the player will normal function and the card will work

Download Post  No rating  
caser

USA AU West Australia2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:15 pm   Post subject:  Re: Did anyboby buy this PMP from Tinydeal? Back to top 

and i think ssourcinggatewill help you!

Download Post  No rating  
DrPepper

USA US Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

This player
is an Ingenics chipset?
DaremoS wrote (View Post): ›

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I've to correct myself... the chip mounted in this fuselage is a Ingenic and have nothing to do with Rockchip

Anyway is still a weird interface very hard to manage it.

I'll continue testing it

Shocked

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic