Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Firmware update for Rockchip 2gb SD card Limitation????

Reply to topic

cwazywabt

USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:22 am   Post subject:  Firmware update for Rockchip 2gb SD card Limitation???? Back to top 

[color=#][/color]

Hi all,
I have a Rockchip 2.8" TFT 4GB 4G MP3 MP4 Player FM USB+SD Slot PG5-04GD and I am wondering if there is a way via firmware update to allow for sdhc cards to be used to bypass the 2gb limitation. My player works fine and I consider myself lucky ( from ebay ) it's a little quirky at times with navigation but it plays fine........just this one issue only. Anybody out there got an answer to this???

I have seen new firmware updates......but I haven't seen what is being updated and I refuse to upgrade my firmware until I know exactly what it is upgrading.......Murphy's law ( If it ain't broke.....don't fix it ) knowing full well that a Firmware upgrade can Fix your player GOOD, ( meaning OH SH..... )

Download Post  No rating  
Pesho
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Bulgaria
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:02 pm   Post subject:  Re: Firmware update for Rockchip 2gb SD card Limitation???? Back to top 

Personally i'd wait until some kind of firmware extractor software comes out for rockchip players. Also, as far as i know, those things support plain MiniSD, and not MiniSDHC. This means that there is a 4GB limitation for installable external memory. SDHC compatability is on a hardware level, i doubt this can be changed only though firmware. Please correct me if i'm wrong though...

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The limitation is the hardware, "updating" the firmware can't fix it. Standard Rockchips don't support SDHC.

The limit is 4GB, I use a 4GB miniSD card in my Rockchip players.

look here for more info:-
http://www.mympxplayer.org/non-hc-4gb-minisd-card-availability-where-can-you-get-them-vt8874.html

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 am   Post subject: Question Re: Firmware update for Rockchip 2gb SD card Limitation???? Back to top 

And what's about 2GB slot limitation? Can you brake it to use 4GB Cards for MicroSD slots? Or just using 4GB Card without any upgrades?Rolling Eyes

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I use a 4GB miniSd card in my both my Rockchips without any firmware modification, but it must be standard SD NOT "SDHC" don't know if you can get any standard microSd cards.

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:20 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have this same plater, but different problem

sorry i dont mean to hijack this post from you..

I messed up the firmware on my player and now i cant find one to download and put on it.. can someone help

its the same player as described in this posting

Rockchip 2608a 8933129 0823
2gb with mini sd slot

please anyone.. i need the orginal firmware

oshawa_guy@hotmail.com. please email me if you can help

Thanks

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

If you post it in the same format as here:-

http://www.mympxplayer.org/s1-mp3-player-firmware-download-site-s1fwcom-vt8930.html

then member s1fw will be able to help you.

Australia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: Firmware update for Rockchip 2gb SD card Limitation???? Back to top 

hi, i'm a new member with the same issue, and would like to find firmware without opening the player, and reviving this thread seemed a good way of finding an update. also, so you know for sure, sdhc cards are identical to standard sd cards except for higher capacities and one bit that identifies their differing formatting to appropriate driver software. my camera can get a firmware update to take sdhc, so why shouldn't an mpx player, if someone is willing to write it?

one other thing, the player takes a standard size sd card, although it says mini sd, so the hardware may differ slightly.

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Rockchip RK26xx processors have been around a few years now and don't support SDHC. even if they did the SDK to reprogram the firmware is not available to users, sadly... Sad

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic