Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone.

Reply to topic

hibs1875

United Kingdom UK Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:19 am   Post subject:  Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

Well the Ipod clone arrived today and it seems it was too good to be true. I think it is only 4GB hacked as an 8GB. I loaded 2GB of files onto it and it was fine, I then loaded a further 2.5GB onto it and the whole thing has just crashed. Whenever I try to add or delete anything I just get an error message from Windows.

Shame really, it looked a decent little device. Screen is okay, built quality is great, doesn't feel cheap etc and it also came with a couple of accessories.

I've opened a dispute with the seller demanding a refund, i'll keep you all posted.

Download Post  No rating  
geostar
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

if u wanna keep it heres a guide to remove the hack. http://www.mympxplayer.org/how-to-removing-memory-hack-vt2400.html

put \"geostar\" as your referal
Download Post  No rating  
lolita
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:25 am   Post subject:  Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

The firmware has probably already been overwritten when it filled past its capacity. (It resides at the very beginning of the flash, before the U disk area -- if you put more than the capacity of the U disk, it will wrap around and write to where the firmware is.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:44 am   Post subject:  Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

Well I managed to format the disk and got it working again. Placed a few files onto it, to test the device and it played them all perfectly.

Sound: Almost perfect, when there is no songs playing it's like you can here in the inside of the machine working, propably just some sort of interference. Sound comes along very clear, even at full volume. The original headphones made the sound a little 'tingy' but replacing them with a 10 pair of Panasonic sorted that out. 8/10

Screen: Nice size and very clear. Very bright and no broken pixels. Plays AMV files perfectly so no faults there. 8/10

Built: I'll be honest, I was expecting this to feel like cheap crap, but it isn't. It's a nice weight, seems to be built very well and fells solid. It also comes with a proper iPod connecter and plays on an iPod dock. It looks and fells exactly like a 3rd gen nano, even has a chrome apple cover on the back. 10/10

User-interface: Probably the worst bit on the iPod clone. Doesn't look very pretty and is hard to navigate. I knew what to expect as I had a Chinese MP3 player before ut if I was a newbie i'd find it very hard to use. 4/10

Overall very pleased with the device. I only paid $52 for it. Shame it's only 4GB and not 8GB but 4GB is fine as long as I get some money back from the seller. I asked for $20 back so we'll see what the seller has to say about it. I'll keep you all posted.

Couple of questions now....
Is there a program that will allow me to edit the user-interface/skin. As I said above its pretty ugly. I'm not fussed about it looking like an iPod, just want to make it easier on the eye, change some fonts, change of some colurs etc.

Also, does anyone know if this device plays 'Playlists'? I downloaded 'MP3 Player Utilities 4.15' from the web and it has a program called 'Media Manager'. In Media Manager it mentions playlist but I couldn't get it to work with my MP3 player. Any help on those two questions would be grand.

Download Post  No rating  
lolita
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:25 pm   Post subject:  Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

- Until someone manages to write an extractor for the newer firmwares you'll be unable to make any changes to it.

- I am not sure about the latest version of the 9.x firmwares but playlist support has always been absent in these players.

- Back up the firmware with s1clone if you can.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:23 am   Post subject:  Re: Just purchased a 3rd Gen Ipod Nano clone. Back to top 

Thanks for the reply Lolita.

I must say, i'm not happy, the device itself is fine, but upon closer inspection, it is in fact only 1GB! Pretty pissed off as the only reason I bought it was because the seller says it was 8GB, and it clearer states 8GB, not 8Gb. I already have a 1GB MP3 player.

I paid $52 and originally asked for $20 back because I thought it was 4GB, now that I realise its only 1GB I asked for $30 back and have opened a dispute with Beltal.

The seller says it can accept 8GB of memory. How would I do this if I wanted to? Is it just a case of opening up the back and sticking in an 8GB SD Card?

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

Download Post  No rating  
geostar
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

actions chipsets (the player you have) can only take up to 4gb so the seller is tryin to bullsh1t their way out of it.

Download Post  No rating  
hibs1875

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

geostar wrote (View Post): › actions chipsets (the player you have) can only take up to 4gb so the seller is tryin to bullsh1t their way out of it.

Thanks for that mate, nice bit ammo there. I've emailed that to the seller so we'll see what he has to say.

BTW how would I go about adding 4GB memory to it? Is it simple to do?

Download Post  No rating  
geostar
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:23 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

are you any good at soldering?

Download Post  No rating  
lolita
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

geostar wrote (View Post): › actions chipsets (the player you have) can only take up to 4gb so the seller is tryin to bullsh1t their way out of it.
http://wiki.s1mp3.org/Actions_SoC_Family

SDP is limited to 4GB for 209x series with SDK9X firmware but it can support multiple NAND flash chip or one MDP.

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have a 3rd Gen apple ipod Model 4GB mp4 player. It plays AMV videos but over all its a great little machine. Mine is not a hacked version and i purchased it from the UK. The first one was faulty and so got it replaced (the advantage of inland purchase). The second one arrived within 3 days and it works perfectly well. Its fm radio isnt very good but im sure i can sort that. Anyway i recommend it. but be careful tho, there are some scammers out there. Good Luck

My Player
1.8inch 3rd Gen Ipod Model

Fm Radio, Voice recorder
ACTIONS AK1025 Chipset
Firmware:9.1.52
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic