Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE)

Reply to topic

Ju4N3r0

Chile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:05 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

Hi, I'm trying to follow this guide, but i fail in step zero.
In other topics said that for my device (http://freedata.com.cn/products_info.asp?code=4&id=105) you have to press a hidden button (thru line in).
When I plugged the device, Windows sent a message that said that a new USB device was connected. I search the drivers in the CD that comes with my device but Windows says that can't find right drivers.

Someone have the drivers?

Another thing, link for tool needed for the tutorial is broken.

Thanks.

(Sorry about my English)

Download Post  No rating  
Zulu007
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Pakistan
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

search the forum you will find that drivers in 2 or 3 places

Download Post  No rating  
Ju4N3r0

Chile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

Now my divece stops working and i don't have firmware neither drivers... please help!

Download Post  No rating  
spazz4

Poland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

I try to use all firmware from this site in my pmp and nothing working corectly Sad Image is mirrored or key not responding.

PCB is PL25-3052-RK301A+-V20 chip 3052a, I found site with propably god firmware but i can't download it , can anyone help me ?

site adress http://www.zhxqxfy.com/html/41/t-16141.html

sorry for my poor english

Download Post  No rating  
Tristanguy1224

USA US Florida
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:19 am   Post subject: Snif ! Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! I have a similar MP4 player (well not a player right now....) but it doesn't have the slide screen the GUI is IDENTICAL I also completely screwed myself by trying to update the firmware FRM Pro got to "Update RSV" and sat there eventually I got stupid and pulled the USB cable out.... (yeah I know smart) I tried and tried to find a firmware the I did.... I got it programmed (sort of ... same thing happened) now it will turn on but when it says "Light Your Life" or whatever it is mirrored not just backwards but the letters are facing the wrong way wth?!?!?!? so.... I've learned now that I need not only a working firmware but ALSO the Reserve(?) AIMG and BIMG and of course anything else I screwed up ...... this sucks..... this thing isn't even mine (I tried the upgrade because I had success couple years ago and this one kept not wanting to play NES games and sometimes it froze) I have to give this thing back in like 2 weeks HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

Download Post  No rating  
Tristanguy1224

USA US Florida
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:41 am   Post subject: Gniark ! Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

I DID IT!!!!!! I FINALLY fond a working AIMG BIMG and FW I am so happy!!!!!!! I don't have any kind of rapid share account so if you email or PM me I will send it to you
This would apply to all those looking for a pmp-704 (Sunplus 3050A) FW and RSV set
I spent all night translating a chineese site to get this so I know the frustration.

Download Post  No rating  
jayr6203

Philippines
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:23 am   Post subject:  help.... Back to top 

hey Tristanguy1224...
please help me... iam searching all along in the downtown for the store that can fix my spmp 3050a...
but no one can fix it...i try to charge it and connect to the computer...but the loading is just showing on the screen..and sometimes...just nothing....
advanced thanks..

Download Post  No rating  
sakshamdhawan2

India
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Beerzerk wrote (View Post): ›
HOW TO RECOVER/EDIT/BACKUP FIRMWARE OF PMP PLAYER SUNPLUS SPMP3050A

By : Neno Molina - http://www.vm2informatica.com.br - Brazil
nenomolina_at_vm2informatica_dot_com_dot_br
His company works whit a lot of types of PMP, MP3, Ipods, and he do some miracles, like this case.
***** Let's Begin!!!! *****
All the tools mentioned in this article are in my personal folder, at www.4shared.com:
http://pmp-sunplus-recover.4shared.com/
At first, I have to say 2 things:
1) Sorry for my poor english
2) This procedure is for everyone who lost their PMP Firmware, want to backup their firmware or edit. Don't try to update if your device is working fine. I'm not responsible for what could happen whit it. I've recovered this type of PMP, maybe will work for your too.

Well, let's do it!
You will need :
FRM Pro
ISP 5.2 (to update the firmware, if it's necessary)
VDK (To open and edit AIMG):
Firmware Files
Drivers

For 3 days, I've tried to find the right firmware for this device:
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081730qa6.jpg
And what I could find it's a lot of compatible firmwares, AIMG, BIMG, with and without Radio, NES Emulation, etc. So, I've decide to make a "Frankenstein's Firmware", putting togheter all the firmwares, images disassemblys, crashes on Windows, trash, cigarretes, and a lot of junk Razz At the end, I've upgrade the firmware with this file: and I saw the light.

First Step :
Install the drivers, FRM, and ISPBe sure that your device could be identified by Windows, in this case:
- Press and hold A + OK buttons togheter (Maybe in your device, could be others combinations)
- Plug the USB Cable holding A + OK
If you hear tha classic sound of plugged USB Device in Windows, and starts to install the drivers, you're lucky!!!

Second Step :
After the device is recognized by Windows, You can open the FRM application, and try to recover some parts of the firmware:
- Create a folder to work with the FRM, on C:\ (Example : C:\FRM)
- Open the FRM app, go to ADVANCED tab
- Click with the right button on the RSV, and next on the "Set Working Folder" (Example : C:\FRM)
- Right Click on A Icon, and select "Get A Image". Wait until finish.
- Right Click on B Icon, and select "Get B Image". Wait until finish.
- Right Click on Firmware Icon, and select "Get". Wait until finish.
At this time, you'll have 3 archives on the C:\FRM directory :
- AIMG : FAT Image of the applications and the whole system of the PMP device, included the SPMP3050A.BIN (inside the AIMG, you will see at the next steps), the driver for the SPMP3050A, i don't know if changing this archive will make the firmware work in other tipes of SPMP30XXX devices.
- BIMG : FAT Disk Image, whit one archive inside, I don't know yet what is it for =P
- DefaultFw.bin : the firmware image itself, it can change from one device to another.
If for some reason you get errors, the firmware and images are corrupted. This device that I've fixed have this 3 archives on the memory, and AIMG have 51MB, but when I open it with the VDK, have less tha 7MB of files, it's a signal of corruption on this image.

Well done. This next steps it's for someone whos want to edit your firmware too =D

Third Step : VDK and editing disk image.
To make it easy, unpack the vdk on the directory c:\FRM
As I said, the VDK it's an app that open disk image files. In Linux, You can open it whit

this commands (as root):

mount -t auto -o loop /home/user/AIMG /mnt/test

(Just an example)
In Windows, You have to go into directory that you saved those 3 image files, and mount AIMG as a disk into My Computer:

cd c:\FRM\vdk32-050406
vdk start
- To start the service
vdk open 0 C:\FRM\AIMG /RW
- to open the AIMG file
vdk link 0 0 Z
- This will make the AIMG mounted on My Computer as Local Disk (ZSmile

You will see inside the Z: disk all the files that your PMP uses, as applications, translation files, Fonts, Icons and Images. Remember that this disk content can be edited, but have a limit of the size of the AIMG file. Maybe you can't include a lot of files, just edit.
Make the changes that you want. If you want to to create a new AIMG, You have to copy all those files into a new directory, creating the A directory on C:\FRM.
Next, you'll see how to create a new AIMG without limits of size.

Fourth Step : Creating a new AIMG file with FRM
Well, you see how to open the AIMG, but now, you want to include more images, or the system is complainig that the Z: have no disk space.
That's simple : create a new AIMG file!!!
- Go to FRM > Advanced
- If you have created the A directory inside C:\FRM, it will show at your interface. Click whit the right button on the left-panel A icon and next in "Create A Image". This will create a new C:\FRM\AIMG, whit the contents of A directory:
- When you click on "Create A Image", a new window will appear. Mark on the box "Enable Detect", next in "Detect blk size", to create an FAT image consistent with the number of blocks in the NAND memory inside the PMP, next in "Save blk size" and OK to start creating.
After this, follow the next step...

Fitfth Step : Uploading the firmware to PMP
Upload the firmware its simple:
- On FRM app, click on BASIC tab, select : Program All - Disk Img mode - Read Verify
- Click on ISP (the device should be connected at this time, sure)
- Click on Log Window button. A new window will open, to show the results. If fails, maybe the DefaultFw.bin maybe corrupted or the AIMG do not contains the SPMP3050A.bin file inside it. Try to recover the AIMG form the beginning steps, and put the driver file inside the C:\FRM\A\ directory.
There is some pics of the functional PMP:

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081730qa6.jpg
http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081731hk0.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081732to3.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081733vg6.jpg

P.S. : some features of this PMP isn't functional after this, the DV crashes and the NES roms isn't work, so I download one file : pmp400_firmware_ver07.zip from my personal folder, and using the ISP 5.2 to upgrade the firmware, after this, everythings works fine, included the NES Emulator, as you all can see on the pictures.
In the ISP :
- Select NORMAL and NAND
- Click on ISP, and select the unzipped firmware
- Let the program update it
As I said, everything works fine!!!
Thanks everyone, and I hope that this little HOW-TO help a lot of people to recover their PMP Sunplus.
OBS. : The complete firmware for this device is inside my personal folder, at 4shared.com:
http://pmp-sunplus-recover.4shared.com/
If you want to test it, its at your own risk. Update it with the file mentioned above Wink
Thanks again to Neno, from Brazil!!!

hey the zshare links are not working anymore..please upload again

Download Post  No rating  
Zulu007
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Pakistan
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

jayr6203 hold the A and B button on the top and then connect it with the computer and see if it ask for the drivers or not.

Download Post  No rating  
canadaboy

Haiti
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:56 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

Could someone please, for the love of god, upload the stuff from the first posting ?

And how do you play gbc games ? i put them into the game folder but it doesn't work.

Download Post  No rating  
metalboy94

Romania
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

hey i have that player too!

i will probably try out this tut but not today, since i bought it today Wink

ANYKA vs. ACTIONS??
I prefer ANYKA!
Download Post  No rating  
metalboy94

Romania
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

well i eventually had to test this, cos last night, i made some changes in the AIMG and wanted to flash it back but it seemed to me like it wasnt working. so i plugged it out and now it isnt working. but now i read someone's post (thanks a lot!)that u must keep it plugged about 30 mins. and, indeed, that progress bar is slowly filling... Very Happy

OMG i thought i would lose this for ever. the thing is that i edited userconfig.bin in order to have clock and calendar. if it works, i'll upload the FW and the RSV.

THX FOR THE TUT DUDE! YOU"VE SAVED MY PLAYER!!!

ANYKA vs. ACTIONS??
I prefer ANYKA!
Download Post  No rating  
metalboy94

Romania
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

no, actually u havent saved it Smile)
now im struggling with some other firmware to de-brick it. the one in the "downloads" section made the player show me a white screen and then turn off each time i turned it on. but XP recognized it as a mass storage device when i plugged it in normally.

ANYKA vs. ACTIONS??
I prefer ANYKA!
Download Post  No rating  
iskor

Philippines
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:17 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

tell me the board id (look at the picture)

and i will help you find the right firmware

Download Post  No rating  
metalboy94

Romania
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:10 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

too late. i already exchanged it for a new one, which cant play GB/GBC.

ANYKA vs. ACTIONS??
I prefer ANYKA!
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic