Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Sunplus SPMP3050A - General

Reply to topic

luketanti

Malta European Union
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I tired what you said but it didn't work. I think my PMP uses different type of firmware.

Download Post  No rating  
sushisan

Argentina
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Maybe! Are you sure that your chipset is a 305x?

The 90% of the FW I've proved doesn't work in my SPMP3050a!!!

Lat: 38°59''30.89" S Long: 68° 4''51.68" W
.-.. ..- ...-- . .- --. .-.. ..- ...-- . .- --.
Download Post  No rating  
luketanti

Malta European Union
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes. I open it and the big chip had sunplus logo and 3050 written on it. Can you edit my firmware so i can play gbc games too. Because nes games are a bit boring.

Download Post  No rating  
sushisan

Argentina
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I can't edit the firmware because I don't have any information about CPU and hardware

Download Post  No rating  
xeirwn

Greece
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:19 am   Post subject:  Re: Sunplus SPMP3050A - General Back to top 

Finally, some documentation about Sunplus 3050 Shocked

after lot of search in chinese, here is the datasheet:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141264157/SPMP3050__1_.pdf

Hope it is useful for developers Idea

Download Post  No rating  
sushisan

Argentina
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:08 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nice, is the schematic of a demo board. But is not the datasheet of the spmp3050!!!

For "touch" the FW we need the specifications of the microcontroller!!!

Download Post  No rating  
xeirwn

Greece
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:16 pm   Post subject:  Re: Sunplus SPMP3050A - General Back to top 

Well, some other discoveries:

My new mp5 (looks exactly like the pic in the first post..)
CAN play nes, gb, gbc and .bin (no gba or anything else)..
Judging from texts and file sizes, I believe the code for this emulators is hidden somewhere (in ROM perhaps?) of each device!!
(the files are just too small and contain only messages)

Moreover, I found out that most .BIN files in folders in A\RO_RES\SKIN1
can be opened with Notepad and all settings for displaying stuff is there!

You can also set the default folders for the machine to use
by altering file SYSPATH.BIN at RO_RES/SKIN1 !!
By using other skin2, we can change between two folders this way Cool

At A\RO_RES\SKIN1\desk there are gfx for a File Browser, but the fw doesnt use it... Exclamation

So, if there is a good programmer, I think it is easy to
make a skin creator for this mp4 Idea

Download Post  No rating  
luketanti

Malta European Union
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:10 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Can you please upload the new mp5 firmware please?

Download Post  No rating  
luketanti

Malta European Union
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The pmp i have do not have dictionary do you think if i copy the dict files from other firmware to mine will work?
I wish to add more features like time, radio, dictionary, tv recorder, and improve camera. Please if some one knows how tell me.This is my fimware.

Download Post  No rating  
muffin

Zimbabwe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:23 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

googling around with some of the filenames as string, I came across what seems to be a developer forum for chinese firmwares and the like. google did a surprisingly good job at translating those pages into human language Razz, so give it a try... you might find some useful information there...

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.s1mp3.net%2F%3Fshowftp%3D4%26action%3Dbrowse%26path%3D%252F%25B8%25F7%25B4%25F3%25B7%25BD%25B0%25B8%25B9%25AB%25CB%25BE%25B9%25CC%25BC%25FE%252FJCX%25CF%25B5%25C1%25D0%252FJCX%252D1033%255F2%252E4%255F%25CC%25AB%25BF%25D5%25B1%25A4%25C0%25DD%252FDOWNLOAD%252FA%252F&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&sl=zh-CN&tl=en

This actually seems to be the firmware-updater-heaven! only catch (big one) is that you cannot download anything, or register into the forums... at least I couldn't.
Somehow, I got to see a Vssver.scc file, and that seems to be a tool used to maintain/distribute the fw source code among different developers. that's a visual source safe file, which is a windows tool... although all the binary files seem to be made using some sort of unix system, not sure. hope it helps any programmer/programmer-wanna-be out there.
cheers!

Download Post  No rating  
adrek88

Poland
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:13 am   Post subject:  Re: Sunplus SPMP3050A - General Back to top 

Can somebody tell me what firmware is suitable for my mp4 player on warranty card is write that is model T96 or M4092 and this is picture of player:

PMP

Download Post  No rating  
Estel

Poland
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:31 am   Post subject:  Re: Sunplus SPMP3050A - General Back to top 

Nazwa modelu którą wypisali Ci na gwarancji to bzdura - ten odtwarzacz niczym nie różni się o modelu z wysuwanym panelem, ma po prostu inny rozkład przycisków.

Znam tą firmę - ImportMedia - oszukują jak NIEMAL każdy z takich sprzedawców, wymyślając nazwy sugerujący nowy, markowy produkt.

Jedyny sposób, abyśmy mogli określić firmware pasujący do Twojego odtwarzacza to rozkręcenie go, odklejenie baterii i sprawdzenie, co jest napisane na chipie - czy sunplus 3050 czy 3052A

Jedną z rzeczy, którą robię pracy jest serwisowanie odtwarzaczy, sporo już przejść było z tym modelem... Mnie jako potencjalnego użytkownika gucio obchodziły by gry, największy problem z oprogramowaniem tego modelu to brak możliwości tworzenia podfolderów - cała muzyka czy video musi być wrzucona do JEDNEGO folderu ''audio'' np, jeżeli wewnątrz pojawi się np. folder z nazwą płyty i tam muzyka, player jej już nie zagra. Czyli mając 4k utworów, musimy 2k razy kliknąć, żeby dojść do środkowego.

Fajne by to były playerki, gdyby ktoś naprawił ten błąd - wiem, że w firmware jest sekcja exploera plików, ale nie została ''podpięta'' pod menu ( kto wie co z nią jeszcze)

A w ogóle, to dziwie sie, że płacąc 170 pln za to poskąpiłeś i nie kupiłeś za 215 Cineo Pentagrama - dużo lepszy, dużo większe możliwości, nieskończenie lepsza jakość wykonania i aktualizacje firmware wspierane przez producenta... No i mieści się w kieszeni, mimo 3.0 '' ekranu Wink

--------------------------------------------

The model name is bullshit - this model is nothing different from other slide panel sunplus based players - yours have only different button layout.

I know this company - importmedia - they cheat as almost every ''company'' seeling things like that, they use fake model names - they hope that someone will think ''hey, it is new product from a reliable line''.

The only way to check what firmware is good for you is to disasemble it and check if chipset is named sunplus 3050 or 3052a.

My work is in some part to service, repair and wholecare of players - many types. As potential user of that sunplus player, i have in ass games - the worsest bug is that file exploer isent included here AND every single file of the same type msut be put into the one and the only one folder. for example, every .mp3 file must be in ''adio'' folder, and if you put inside ''aduio'' folder another folder, for example, with album title and .mp3 INSIDE this folder (AUDIO/Talula/talula.mp3) player CANT play this file.

For me, this is the biggest issue. If you have 4 000 music files, you msut click 2 000 times to get to the middle of them...

I know that firmware HAVE file exploer included, but it isen't connected to the menu (or who know what else is wrong). Maybe someone can fix it?...

Download Post  No rating  
adrek88

Poland
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:54 pm   Post subject:  Re: Sunplus SPMP3050A - General Back to top 

Chodziło mi bardziej o emulator NES a mój model to SPMP3052A
Pamięć to: samsung 010
KM416S8030BT-GL
WJK549AI

SAMSUNG 816
K9HBG08UIM
PCB0
CSC808P3

Natomiast płyta główna: PMP-710-V12.00

Jeżeli możesz mi pomóc bo jak wgrywam flash z płytki to klawisze mi źle działają są pomieszane np. jak wciskam klawisz menu to tak jak bym naciskał w lewo itd. Jakaś rada? Pozdrawiam.

Download Post  No rating  
f4j4r

Indonesia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:46 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

cheekeens wrote: › im also trying to upgrade mine.
my player is just like the one in:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9504
but has no time, calendar and no fm.
it has a blue background.
i tried firmwares that i found on the net but they didn't work as well.

can you guys help me?
reno7 wrote (View Post): ›
Hello , Bonjour

Like everybody I bought a PMP for my son , I 've taken in Rue Montgallet :

It' an WESTREND GAME-800
It's great !! Very Happy

I've extracted the firmware by FRM Pro , and now I would like making a new GOOD translation in french ..

Help ! Thanks
Hi reno7. I have a similar mp4 player like yours. It's dead now. I've tried to reflash it using your firmware but it didn't work. It says there's an error. I've tried several times but it doesn't work. Could you try to extract your firmware again and upload it,please? Thanks b4...

Download Post  No rating  
sofianehamza

Algeria
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:14 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i have a portable multimedia slide panel
it looks like this one

*the version of the firmware is v4.01.080714

i open it found nothing written on the battery
only these symbles:
aj280

*i'm facing 2 major problems
while working with frmpro and trying to burn a dictionary "for instance"
this message occurs:

FRM_VFS_NOT_ENOUGH_FREE_SPACE_ERROR(12) -- !

even when i tried to install the full firmware the player is dead
and the screen either shows this message (loading...) with a blue scree or a white blank screen
by the way i can only play nes games i wanna upload my pmp so i can play gb games or snes games
plz help me..
thank you

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic