Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

RK2608A Firmware

Reply to topic

bennymmurphy

Ireland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:32 pm   Post subject:  RK2608A Firmware Back to top 

Hi,

Bought a generic MP4 player from China. It crashed after a few hours. Sandglassed screen. After an aweful lot of messing about i finally got my MP4 player to be recgonised by my laptop usinf "Firmware update". I tried some firmware to no avail. White screen now. Heres the specs for the player:

Rockchip RK2608A
Plate number: htc-039c-rk-v2 2007-11-02 chen
Screen: Tgg000280np04-04

I tried searching on the s1fw site for firmware but I cant download any of the firmware. Theres no link to a download file, and the target doesnt seem to work.

Any help would be brilliant.

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hello bennymmurphy

Have you tried this firmware from http://www.s1fw.com ?

http://www.s1fw.com/plus/download.php?open=0&aid=1068&cid=3

just click on the red download address link.

Ireland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:14 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Just tried it. It says theres a firmware file error. Whats the best software for updating an MP4 player? I've tried product tool, but it doesnt recgonise .rwf for some reason. It never picks up my player either.

Any more suggestions?

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:23 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Remove the non-recognised Chinese characters from file name before loading into product tool,

This is how to get into update mode,

All you do is this,

1) Switch the player OFF using the main on/off switch.

2) Hold down the "MENU" or the "PLAY" button and keep it held down.(try the other buttons if these dont work)

3) Connect the usb to the player.

4) Wait for about 10 seconds before releasing the button.

5) You should be now in "ROCK USB" upgrade mode

6) Then just start Firmware Update and upload your firmware.

Ireland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Initially after I done the last firmware update my computer would not recgonise the player at all. When i try to enter update mode the computer brings up the message "does not recgonise the usb device". I've tried uninstalling the USB controllers but no joy. It wont even recgonise it as a removeable disk either.

Anything on getting it connected? Is there any way to install a particular driver to allow it to be recgonised? Bearing in mind that I had this in update mode before.

Thanks

Download Post  No rating  
bennymmurphy

Ireland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Just a note. I have the device opened and use a screwdriver to short the chip legs when i connect it.

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:10 pm   Post subject:  Re: RK2608A Firmware Back to top 

If your player is one of these touch screen players

then there is a recovery guide here:-

http://www.mympxplayer.org/recovery-guide-rockchip-z493-vx858vidego28-df891.html

Ireland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I got that firmware loaded. The mp4 player now turns on, but the screen flickers, the touch screen doesnt work and all the writing/images are back to front and upside down. Its the closest I've gotten to a fix, but it still doesn't work. Do you have any more firmwares i could try? if you had a list I could just keep going through them, save having to repeat the web process please.

Thanks

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ireland
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I tried all the ones that applied to my player. Some of them dont work and simply have a blank screen. Most of them however have the same problem.
The screen is upsidedown with the writing inverted, with the screen flickering and the touchscreen is not working either.

Have you ever seen this happening before or is this the first? Do you know of any fixes for this? I have a feeling the hardware might be right, but I just need something else installed on it, or the device is basically screwed.

Thanks again for all your help. Any more would be much appreciated!

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hi bennymmurphy

Sorry to hear this did not work, I have heard of this problem before it's a common problem, you haven't found the right firmware for this player, these very hard to find as there are so many variants.

There are some onda firmwares in the rockchip downloads on this site, but I expect you already tried them, all you can do is keep looking, mp4nation forum is a good place to look for help on this as they used to sell this type of player but stopped when the quality went down, and it's also a good place to get a new player if you need one as they try to sell only quality players..

Spain
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi knob,

I've got a RedSkull Mp4 2.8" inch with 8GB that has the same image you uploaded, without camera and with FM and MicroSD.
Finally I get the Inf file to connect my Mp4 in order to upgrade the fw, worked, but right now, I cannot find any firm later than 12 May 2008. The Fw version shows into system icon 00.00.0000...
I want to improve the system, because this Mp4 has a touchscreen (as you know) but is very slow and even, I have to touch several times to get an answer from the device... very slow, and always when I'm playing music, and starts the save energy mode (black window).
It seems very strange. For the rest it's a nice mp4 player, but I wish to get a faster answer from the device.

Thanks a lot. Alex

Download Post  No rating  
whatdoesthisbuttondo

United Kingdom UK Essex
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:19 pm   Post subject:  Re: RK2608A Firmware Back to top 

For all those who have got one of those ONDA clocne MP4 players as illustrated in Knob's earlier post try this link

http://www.s1fw.com/ROCK2608-Chip/HTC-039C-RK-V2-T-0028-A-FPC-Q90044-1-V01.html

It has helped recover my player and of all the many firmwares i have tried it's the only one that gives me a flicker free screen and all the icons the right way round, in other words it restored my player perfectly!! I hope you have the same experience

Download Post  No rating  
Babyboy323

USA US California
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:40 am   Post subject:  Re: RK2608A Firmware Back to top 

when i try to uprgrade the firmware you said.
it told me on the consumers upgrade firmware file error

any ideas

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

babyboy323
Remove the non-recognised Chinese characters from file name before loading into product tool.

Don't use the firmware if your player is working! you might kill your player, only use the above firmware for dead player recovery it is not an upgrade, there are no upgrades for these players!

I hope this helps
cheers
knob

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic