Tinydealdirect???

Reply to topic

nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I might be wrong.

I will however make a purchase from them so I can make a real comment based on something.

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

This is weird; I opened up the message source from the e-mail I received from them and it has this listed in a part of it: sent@ebuyhk.com. If you google search ebuyhk it comes up with some pages about hacked players etc.

I just checked my e-mails in Outlook and I found red-vision's e-mail address it was: redvision@ebuyhk.com

Download Post  No rating  
hundnz

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:01 pm   Post subject:  Re: Tinydealdirect??? Back to top 

I ordered this player from Tinydeal a week ago.

http://www.tinydeal.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32

It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm not panicking as the site says it was only shipped on Wednesday. Interestingly enough, the price has now gone up to $55.99. I paid $44.99. But earlier in the year, it was $64.99. I can understand if prices drop, but it seems odd that it has now gone up in price!

I've e-mailed Tinydeal a number of times during year and answers have always been prompt and accurate, so I hope it's an okay seller. I'll post what I think once I get the player.

Hundnz

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Prices for MP3 & MP4 Players always go up and down in price due to the flash memory price changing a lot.

Did they send you the tracking number?

Normally for me when things get sent from HK to NZ via registered air-mail it only takes 3 days max and around 3-5 days max via standard air-mail.

Download Post  No rating  
DimaMp4
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Sweden
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:13 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes, the prices went up a bit. I think it's beacause of the flash price chaning whole the time as mentioned before.

It's still cheaper than most sites. Well lets wait and see, if people get real memory players. Smile

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Minnesota
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:17 pm   Post subject:  Re: Tinydealdirect??? Back to top 

I ordered a 1 GB player from Tinydealdirect today for my brother's upcoming birthday... I hope it's a decent player. Certainly cannot beat their prices, and free shipping too! I love to save money. Mr. Green

Powered by Ubuntu Linux!
Download Post  No rating  
hundnz

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah, I got a tracking number, but I'm not sure where I can enter it. Does anyone have any idea? It's RR518342185CN. I went to the Hong Kong post website but when I entered it in, it said I needed an enquiry number or something.

I'm hoping it arrives very early next week, if not I will start to worry. If it was posted on Wednesday it should be here soon. This is what TinyDeal said:

"We have dispatched the following item to you .
The tracking number is:RR518342185CN.

Generally the item will reach you in 7-15 bussiness days (excluding weekend and public holidays) after disptached.

If you can not receive it after 15 bussiness days(20 calendar days), please get back to us."

It looks like such a great player that I can't wait for it to arrive. Even if it's a hacked player, I'll be annoyed but probably won't return as long as the SD card slot works and the player functions OK. Because this player has all the functions I could ever want (notably a camera).

Download Post  No rating  
hundnz

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

UPDATE: 3 minutes ago I got a message from Tinydeal:

"hello , you can check it from http://intmail.183.com.cn/

but it is in chinese ,t hanks"

The communication from Tinydeal and the fact I have a tracking number gives me confidence that the item is indeed in transit and they're not ripping me off. But if anyone knows Chinese and can tell me what's happening to item RR518342185CN, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

Hundnz

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I used google language tools and it uses a BETA Translation system, any way this is what it says:

Mail number Year of the current state of e-mail sent to the current location of the current state of e-mail date
RR518342185CN 2007 export total package mutual Shahe closure closure of the New Zealand business on November 8, 2007

So basically it has been sent, and you should get it delivered by the end of next week via CourierPost.

They seem to be using a weird shipping system which is shipped from China not HK.

In a couple of days I recommend you use track and trace on the NZ Post website and it will tell you if it has arrived in NZ etc.

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

To anyone that has purchased from them:

Are the players good quality?

Has any thing every gone wrong?

How long did shipping take?

Do the players come in packaging or a gift box?

Download Post  No rating  
hundnz

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:21 am   Post subject:  Re: Tinydealdirect??? Back to top 

Hey, thanks for checking that out Smile I should of thought of using Google myself, but I don't have a Chinese language pack installed so everything is displayed as question marks at the moment.

I wonder where Tinydeal is actually based - I thought Hong Kong but actually I suspect China, otherwise why would you ship it via mainland China? Although shipping that way might possibly be cheaper I suppose. I hope Tinydeal turns out to be OK, the service from them thus far is really great, and getting it tracked and delivered by courier all for no extra charge sounds unbelievably good.

I'll keep everyone posted on how things turn out.

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi,

I tracked it again for you today and translated and it says this:

RR518342185CN 2007 exports total Bao Zhifeng to send under seal New Zealand Guangzhou international on November 10, 2007

Download Post  No rating  
princessanne1026
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA US New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

nzer_4_lyf: to answer your questions:

1. The players are typical quality mp4 players. Not extraordinarily sturdy, but not cheap trash either. You don't have to baby them, but I don't think they can withstand a great deal of abuse. Normal use shouldn't hurt.

2. Something did go wrong with one of the players I bought, but it was entirely my fault. The screen of a 4gb mp4 I bought from them was slightly crooked and it was annoying me, so I stupidly decided to open it to try and straighten it out. Turns out I had a hell of a time getting it back together in one piece, and by the time I did, the screen was even more crooked and the headphone jack was broken. I immediately e-mailed tinydealdirect and begged them to let me return it even though I had clearly voided any warranty by opening it. To my surprise, they did. I returned it for about $3 in the smallest padded envelope possible without insurance (NOT RECOMMENDED, because anything could have happened, but hey, I'm cheap) and e-mailed them every few days until they confirmed they had received it. They sent another one back and it arrived a week and a half later with no problems at all. That was the only problem I experienced.

3. Shipping normally takes a week and 1/2 to reach me in the US. Longest time was about 2 weeks but that's still acceptable.

4. The players come in a small cardboard box (or at least all of mine did).

Hope this helped.

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks for that.

That must be another reason why the prices are quite cheap as they don't come in nice packaging.

Download Post  No rating  
hundnz

New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:17 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks nzer_4_lyf for tracking my player again! I haven't got it yet and am (unreasonably) starting to get a little anxious!

But I'm sure it will turn up soon - it just seems like shipping can be a little longer than other sellers, judging from princessanne1026's comments.

Interestingly, the only problems I have ever had with shipping and online purchases have been when I've ordered stuff from the US, had a few things go "missing" on the way (read stolen). But from Asia and Europe never any problems. Perhaps the Confucian ethics (for the former, anyway!)?

Hundnz

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic