Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

What is a rockchip?

Reply to topic

midivox

USA US Texas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:04 am   Post subject:  Re: What is a rockchip? Hello, Just Got mp5 Rockchip Player Back to top 

Hi Music Lovers,
For my birthday, I finally upgraded my old Sansa mp3 audio only to a No Brand Rockchip 3.0 Widescreen mp5 touchscreen multimedia player. I love it. Its a wonderful player, and works great under both XP and Vista.

First I put on it, my new mp3 single and mp3 album just up on iTunes, Rhapsody and EMusic. Alaska Bear Adventure and Healing Songs of Romance and Love. Then some favorite movie soundtracks and albums.

Then I put up family vacation photos, photos of favorite guitars and banjos. Some music lesson videos and nature videos to show off the uuality of the players video playback and display.

The No Brand player came with a wool iPhone sock, earbuds, wall charger, and mini usb camera player connector. Has 8 gigs and a mini SD slot. I picked up a 2 gig mini SD card plus 2 card adapters for less than 5 bucks. Then hit Big Lots for a case and some different types of earphones.

The player came with a little instruction book, but its for a different model with less memory and a model that needed video convertor software. My model is pure drag and drop, no video conversion needed.

It has a Stopwatch game or app, voice recorder, nice FM Radio, and was only 50 bucks including shipping and insurence on ebay. I joined the forum to find out more about what a Rockchip is, whats kinds of little games and apps one can run and stuff like what is a mp5 file?

If anyone has the same model player and knows more about it or needs help getting it working correctly, please let me know.

Very happy to find a nice forum or no brand players from China.
Note that drag and drop works even from the iTunes store from your iTunes library. Amazon mp3 you can drag and drop from your Amazon mp3 folder. No software to install on the player of any kind.

Happy Multimedia
MidiVox Razz

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:06 am   Post subject:  Re: What is a rockchip? Back to top 

hi midivox and welcome Wink

Is it this player?

then read this:-
http://mympxplayer.org/did-anyboby-buy-this-pmp-from-tinydeal-vt10734.html

If not then please post a photo of your player..

Download Post  No rating  
midivox

USA US Texas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:44 am   Post subject:  Re: What is a rockchip? Back to top 

Hi all, no the link is to a different player. I have 2 photos up on my Facebook Profile page. Here is the photo link below. To read more about the player, go to ebay and search for Touchscreen mp3 players with 8 gigs. The Hong Kong seller I purchased the player from via ebay is best-e-buy-sell

Please let me know if the link to the player photos up on facebook does not work. I can always get out the camera and take some of the player in action. The sound quality of mp3s etc is excellent. The built in speaker is just loud enough to preview songs or playback recorded voice notes or set the radio stations. You will want an externl speaker, or dock or earphones. The EQs and Bass Boost and 3D Sound all work well.

The player does have a shuffle feature, as well as repeat play.

Happy Weekend
MidiVox

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17026&id=1510208542&nctrct=1239434972812

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:52 am   Post subject:  Re: What is a rockchip? Back to top 

I guess this is the player?

Download Post  No rating  
midivox

USA US Texas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:34 pm   Post subject:  Re: What is a rockchip? Back to top 

Hi All, Knob
Yes, that is the player. So the icon part anyway on your menu screen does not match the one shown in the photos. I do not know if you can change the icons or any of the folder names.

You can select from 8 Desktop backgrounds. Do not know if you can load your own desktop backgrounds.

The player will play Flash Videos and You Tube Videos without conversion, but I have not tested this feature yet. The player seems to be able to display DVD Quality playback, or close to it, depending on the what type of video file.

You can set everything to Always On or Power Down mode, except when you actually touch the screen for longer battery life.

I was going to buy a refurbnished Zen from Creatives Outlet Store for 40 bucks with 4 gigs. But I really liked the Touchscreen and the Widescreen Display. Best display in its price range 50 bucks or less.

As a musican, composer the quality of the mp3 playback is important to me. And this player has great sounding audio and music playback. That Rockchip really kicks butt.

After I purchased the player on ebay. I got an email from Square Trade Warranty offering a 3 year repair, replacement or full refund warranty for only 7 bucks so I purchased the extended warranty, which starts after 60 days from purchase date.

Hong Kong AirMail took 10 days to get to Texas from when I ordered the player. There was no custom fees or import taxes. So I guess mp3 players are duty free.

The player supports ID3 info, And Lyric display. You can select those options from one of the music playback settings menu.

I give this player a Ten for what it does for the price.

Happy Sounds
MidiVox

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes you can change the theme, but you need to safely backup your firmware first.

instructions here:-

http://mympxplayer.org/firmware-extraction-for-new-rockchip-rk27xx-series-players-vt10856.html

Your player is one of the new Rockchip 27xx series with PlayFX EQ Wink

USA US Texas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi All, Knob
The seller told me the player had no firmware, I think he meant no upgradable one anyway.

The Rockchip player does have a menu option to check for a firmware upgrade, but I have not tried it yet to see if it does anything.

Since everything is working now, I do not see any point in upgrading the firmware unless it adds a bunch of new features.

I do not plan to try to run a bunch of apps or games. Thanks for the Rockchip link, I will check it out.

Happy Sounds
MidiVox

Download Post  No rating  
midivox

USA US Texas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi All,
Under system information my player product name is RK27SDK. Hardware ID 080722 and Major Version ID is 2.2

I picked up a nice little digital camera bag at Big Lots for 5 bucks that is just big enough to hold the player in its sock case, a pair of earchip earphones and in a seperate velcro pocket, my mini SD card and its 2 adapters.

The case has a carrying strap also a velcro belt clip.

I spent a couple of hours copying 2 gigs worth of photos and mp3s onto the player. Still have about 6 gigs of memory free plus the mini SD card, so I may never fill it up unless I start putting lots of video clips on the player.

Happy Weekend
MidiVox

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic