Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

The Blacklist

Reply to topic

Fiona890

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:04 pm   Post subject:  I HAVE BEEN CONNED Back to top 

Sad I have been conned, I have just won a bit for 'mp4player with 4 gb shipping free' item was stated as being in UK. The Truth is item is in MACAW, and seller is UGoole. Once I paid by pay pal and realised the item was not in UK I became alarmed. However what can I do. I have emailed EBAY as this is a fraudlent claim, I have also emailed the seller, I am waiting for responses. I am now seriously concerned with what I have brought Evil or Very Mad . Can anyone tell me how to check that has the storage it says it has. Confused If it doesn't I will take on EBAY, UGOOLE and whoever else Mad . I am a student on limited funds, with a child looking forward to getting an mp player for christmas. PLEASE HELP

because I will take them all on no matter what happens.

Thanks

Fiona890 Crying or Very sad :

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

Fiona890 , you can't verify the real memory space on the player until you actually received the player and formatted it properly. But currently these players only support upto a maximum of 2GB memory space only.

What you can only do is wait until you received the player, verified the actual real memory space, before taking up the case with the seller. Either getting a full refund or partial refund.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
Strummin'Ronin
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

United Kingdom UK City of London
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

lattesurf wrote (View Post): › ...But currently these players only support upto a maximum of 2GB memory space only....wait ... verified the actual real memory space, before taking up the case with the seller. ...(for) full or partial refund.

Thanks. Looks like I'll be joining Fiona890! Nice to meet you all - though it would have been nicer if we had met under better circumstances, like BEFORE WE GOT STUNG. :]

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Fiona890: I was able to check my MP4 memory
without "formatting it properly".
Use the RDiskUtility which is part of the MP3 player utilities 3.68, available from this site (top download) - or probably from the supplied disk under the guise of AMV convertor.
The format tab gives the hacked (false) memory size.
The partition tab gives the correct total disk size.
Verification:
Try copying sufficient avi files (say) to exceed the size given in the partition tab - probably 1GB methinks.
On the PC, try playing the start of each avi file.
You'll get a message indicating some files are corrupt.

Then e-mail the seller for a part refund and then give
negative feedback.

To reset the partition so that files don't get corrupted:
Run RDiskUtility partition tab with zero encrypted
partition. Then run format tab to give low level format.
This will give a 1GB player which is still a very
usable size.

The seller may offer to bribe you to withdraw the negative feedback, but we have a duty to warn
people of fraudulent sellers.

Download Post  No rating  
ThankYou

Portugal
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:21 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

THANK YOU !!!
THANK YOU !!!!

I was about to pay for 12 4GB (or i tought so) players when i discover this forum. I was about to send more than 300 !! Thanks to you i have sended a mail to all the sellers and 1 minute after one of them send me a "eBay Unpaid Item Mutual Agreement. This seller is karagadget ". I still waiting for the other to responde, but im not worried if they leave negative feedback.

Ill give this information to all the peolple i know

Thanks

Download Post  No rating  
tadad1

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:10 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ThankYou, That is great news normally people only findout after they buy their players.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
Stoli40

Australia AU New South Wales
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:34 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

Ok, a couple of things I'd like to say here:

1. This is a list of sellers gleened from previous posts that are either confirmed or highly suspected of selling modified chipsets.

I would highly suggest a sticky post at the start of the thread updated/edited by site admin as dodgy new sellers are discovered so people don't have to trawl through the thread to find names. As much as this is a great resource site, I think the greatest contribution it has to the community is the prevention of fraud.

mediabsolute
lcdguard
kcshophk
blown-z
bestmp4
chinadragonsell
inno_onlinestore
jeo-guy625
platinumteam01
sky_tower
mp3_exp
buy.mall
citipower
eshopwindow
jeanwaye
pars-digital
mars-digital
midalap
bitatbid
ugoogle
e-britain
karaguest
computercityinc.net

I do realise that some of the above names are the same people but best they all be listed anyway.

2. Failing the sticky post, if people can please check the thread every now and then and update this list with a new post containing new entries. (possibly every 1-2 pages) This way people can find the information they need as quickly as possible.
Also, please keep personal views not related to the topic off the thread as it just clogs up the info people are trying to find. (in reference to the communist comment)

3. This is for ADMIN, I find it ironic that there is such interest and support in this thread for fradulant players, however your direct eBay listings actually contain listings FROM THE ABOVE SELLERS!!!!

I understand you need an income stream to support the site and I urge people who have found this information useful to donate as much as they can, however having that direct listing I believe is self defeating and adding to the problems. Please take this under serious consideration.

I've been done by ugoogle recently and I'm waiting on the player to verify the modification and then to start proceedings.

Please note that this seller is particularly aggressive in his listings. Try typing mp3 or mp4 player into eBay and you'll find he covers 80% of results.

As a seller, I am considering listing several mp4/mp3 listings that only contain information warning about modified chipsets. Setting the prices ridiculously high (eg. $10,000) will a) get attention and serve the purpose to warn potential buyers, b)prevent anyone from closing the sale by buying.
Let me know what you think.
Anyone who is a seller that can write eBay guides I implore you to write one about the players.

With the ever increasing up take of digital media especially as prices drop, more and more people are going to be stung with scams like this. Just consider that the iPod is the no. 1 reason Apple has made such a resurgence in the last 5 years. We need to be as diligent and thorough as possible in helping prevent people getting stung. Imagine the relief and gratitude you would have felt if someone had warned you BEFORE you parted with your hard earned cash. It is this feeling I am trying to propagate.

One other thing, modified chips are not restricted to mp3/mp4 players. This can also occur in anything that uses solid state memory. There are some very good copies of San Disk Extreme III memory card on eBay in the higher 4Gb and 2Gb sizes that are subject to the same treatment as the players, so be careful buying anything with large capacity memory out of China, although bear in mind it's not just limited to there.

Download Post  No rating  
rippedofbypowersellerturb

USA US Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:08 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

Add POWERSELLERTURBO to that list. He is selling the same junk.

Download Post  No rating  
auser

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

In fairness to paragadget (not paraguest as listed in the above blacklist), there is not yet any proof of fraud.

Indeed their item descriptions state:
<QUOTE>
There are some mp3/mp4 sold online do not meet the capacity as stated. especially those stated with capacity of 1gb/2gb/4gb/8gb; ends up with less than half of the capacity. in order not to upset our customer, we have taken the trouble to test and make sure everyone of our units meet the capacity as stated!!
</QUOTE>

Not that they couldn't be lying but it seems unlikely they would want to draw attention to the problem if so.

Download Post  No rating  
swfx

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:46 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

I think this list should be listed towards the top of this thread. That is how I always see things like this in forums for things like compatible software, etc.

Please add to the blacklist the ebay user: ALYCATE CO

Also, I think the list should also include ebay sellers who are reputable.

Download Post  No rating  
Stoli40

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:47 am   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

Here is an updated list with appropriate changes.

mediabsolute
lcdguard
kcshophk
blown-z
bestmp4
chinadragonsell
inno_onlinestore
jeo-guy625
platinumteam01
sky_tower
mp3_exp
buy.mall
citipower
eshopwindow
jeanwaye
pars-digital
mars-digital
midalap
bitatbid
ugoogle
e-britain
computercityinc.net
newcomdigi
alycate co
powersellerturbo

Download Post  No rating  
Stoli40

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:58 am   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

I have had success in getting a full refund from ugoogle today. In the quote are some of the email conversations I have had with him. The last was sent on Weds. I think it lit a bit of a fire under is butt hence the speedy reply. I'm up the creek for 2 christmas presents though. Sad
Quote: › Hi,

I have done some research into your Mp4 players and it is my belief that you will be sending me fraudulant 4Gb players that only have a 1gb or 2gb chipset.

You have given me in writing that you will be providing REAL 4Gb players. (see below)

This is a forum thread that names you as a seller of hacked 4gb players:
http://mympxplayer.org/next-vt1323.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=60

If you have NOT sent the items, I want them stopped and a FULL refund of GBP84.10 into my PayPal account. I will NOT accept a partial refund as you have offered other people.

If you have sent them, they WILL be tested and if they show that my concerns are correct, I will be filing complaints with eBay, PayPal and my credit card provider IMMEDIATELY. I will also be leaving NEGATIVE FEEDBACK with a link to the above forum to prevent others from buying your fradulent products.

I do not like being messed with and I WILL take this to the full extent possible REGARDLESS of the the time or cost involved.

Up until now you have been very responsive with your replys so if you do not reply to this in 2 working days, I will take that as an indication you intend NOT to resolve this matter and ALL above processed will then be started.

You have 2 business days to reply and find a resolution.

Hi, it is brand new. and all the item we sell is real 4GB player.
And we generally send it in plain package.
more information you can get in our ebay shop, we describe it in our product.
hope to do buisness with you soon
thank you

Hi,
I want to get 2 4gb players from you but I am concerned about your feeback and some people saying that you are selling 1Gb players as 4Gb. Was this a mistake in your packing? Or are you in fact doing this? Of course if you are delibrately doing this I wouldn't expect you to reply or admit this, however if you can guarantee that they will BOTH be 4GB then I would be happy to buy from you.

Download Post  No rating  
Stoli40

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:07 am   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

I might be a bit impatient but I'm waiting for someone from ADMIN to comment on my thoughts about the direct eBay listings on this site.

For those who couldn't be bothered digging through my first big post, I was simply saying it is a bit ironic (and hypocritical) that the blacklisted sellers we are all fuming over are being advertised on this site through the direct eBay listings.

Am I being too pedantic or does anyone else see an issue with this??

Download Post  No rating  
rimwar

Australia AU West Australia
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:44 am   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

And another one: david888228

My Fake Chipod 1GB in reality

Yeap add me to the list of people been ripped off. Checked the capacity today and sure enough its only one gig. Evil or Very Mad

With private feedback leaving negitive feedback is no good at all. and currently none for sale. Im sure he will pop up again somewhere.

This is his paypal details:
Payment To: Yau Lee Cheung (The recipient of this payment is Non-US - Verified)
Seller's ID: david888228
Seller's Email: david888228@gmail.com

as at today his feedback score is 166 so there are at least another 180 odd customer out there he has ripped off. man that's FU#$D up.

Download Post  No rating  
kronos

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Strummin'Ronin wrote (View Post): ›
Hooperjjoop wrote (View Post): ›
E-britain is selling hacked mp3 players on ebay. I suggest you do the same if this seller has tried to con you too.

Thanks, Hooperjjoop. I am another one of E-BRITAIN's con-victims. I bought a 4GB player just a moment ago and now I am well worried... sigh.

I bought one of E-Britains ??? 4GB players. I threatened him/her with poor feedback and spreading the word etc etc and I got a full refund. I complained just after I bought it. Still, if I do still recieve it, the dog could do with a chew toy !Smile

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic